100k subscribers giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moi View Post
    In all seriousness though, I don't think it is fair for people who posted multiple comments to win, especially when the Terms and Conditions stated that: "Only one entry per person will be accepted."

I think this clearly violates the rules that were laid out.
    On this particular matter, I agree. It's unfair.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Time to copy and paste comments to win giveaways! I could spend one whole day just to copy and paste my comments over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaglan View Post
        I don't quite agree with whoever commented the idea first should "own" that suggested idea. The giveaway was posted on YouTube and depending on what time in the day it was uploaded, people from different time zones would have seen it first thus allowing them to submit their ideas first and enter the giveaway. Which I think explains why video ideas that had already been posted got posted at a later date by someone else.
        You've probably didn't read through the thread but that is exactly what I've said, either way, it'll be unfair to one part of the contestants, I've suggested that they should just do ten different mini-games at ten different times so as much as players would have chance to participate and win.

Originally posted by Deaglan View Post
        If you had won in the giveaway, would this thread exist?
        Honestly, no.

This thread is not about me not winning, this thread is about him and other like five people winning while there's possibility that any of them could have copied the idea off someone else.

I do not think that they should re-draw the winners, just do something completely else

I just wanted to point out that they've put zero effort into this contest, Terms and Conditions says "Only one entry per person will be accepted.", thirteen players out of 100 had commented more than three times, one of them even had nine same comments and has won while he actually cheated and also broke the rules, so in fact, if I would have known that, yes, this thread would exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lilprof View Post
        Time to copy and paste comments to win giveaways! I could spend one whole day just to copy and paste my comments over and over again.
        Technically, yes, one of the guardians said that it was not in the rules (even though it is?), so you could technically make 4,000 comments, win and it would actually be okay I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by yugyeoms View Post
        Me too.

I won in 11-90 place, but I changed my GrowID a couple week ago. I can see my old GrowID in announcement. What should I do?

I'm so sorry for out of topic
        Was your old GrowID Agsunhwan? I've went through every single top 100 suggestions and the only one I wasn't able to find was Agsunhwan's.

- - - Updated - - -

"Only one entry per person will be accepted."

This is from the Terms and Conditions though.
        Oh man, this is starting to get interesting...
        Rest In Peace, Marley
        My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

In the terms and conditions they said they'd pick the top 10 from the selected 100:
          "Sponsor will randomly draw entries until reaching 100 (one hundred) valid Entries meeting the Competition requirements(“Winners”). Then Sponsor will select and rank 10(ten) persons within the 100 Winners based on the ideas and creativity of the video(s) suggestions, at Sponsor’s sole discretion."

But in the announcement they said there will be 90 lucky winners and 10 best suggestions.
          "There will be 90 lucky draw winners
          We will then select the top 10 best video suggestions.
          "

Also the people who posted more than one entry or used multiple accounts to enter should be disqualified as that was against the rules.
          . because yes ,

Changed my name to Proni2

Comment

Originally posted by Joni2 View Post
            In the terms and conditions they said they'd pick the top 10 from the selected 100:
            "Sponsor will randomly draw entries until reaching 100 (one hundred) valid Entries meeting the Competition requirements(“Winners”). Then Sponsor will select and rank 10(ten) persons within the 100 Winners based on the ideas and creativity of the video(s) suggestions, at Sponsor’s sole discretion."

But in the announcement they said there will be 90 lucky winners and 10 best suggestions.
            "There will be 90 lucky draw winners
            We will then select the top 10 best video suggestions.
            "

Also the people who posted more than one entry or used multiple accounts to enter should be disqualified as that was against the rules.
            Looks like they've pretty much made two different rules
            Rest In Peace, Marley
            My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

"If you hadn't gotten second in the giveaway, would you still have posted this reply?"
              Yes and no. I agree with what I've wrote but wouldn't write it all again if I wasn't part of the top 100 winners.

In all seriousness though, I don't think it is fair for people who posted multiple comments to win, especially when the Terms and Conditions stated that: "Only one entry per person will be accepted."

I think this clearly violates the rules that were laid out.
              True, I agree with them being disqualified as it's clearly in the rules that you can't win if you comment more than once. Maybe they'll be reviewing it whilst handing out the prizes.
              GrowID : Kheft
              Been playing since : September 2013

Comment

We apologise if the mechanics was unclear although it was discussed in the terms and conditions that we will do a raffle draw, meaning we will pick 100 players randomly using a randomizer (take note there were 3k plus entries submitted). Out of the 100 participants we will be picking the TOP 10 best suggestions from that list. FYI, we can't possibly read all 3000 plus entries.

After we randomly picked the winners, we sorted them out, removed those who did not qualify based on their entries and based on their accounts (like if their account has bans, etc.)

There were indeed a lot of entries that had similar ideas. But again, we picked the top 10 based from the 100 winners the randomizer already selected for us. So I am indeed sorry if you felt that your entry was copied. There is really no way for us to prove this as well.

And also...

--- UPDATE ---

Since 2 of the Top 10 Winners (DrJEBOL and 2ego) were included in the 90 winners, we randomly picked 2 more players to replace them in the 11th to 100 place:
                GrowID: KediPezio
                GrowID: NKLX

Comment

Originally posted by NekoRei View Post
                  We apologise if the mechanics was unclear although it was discussed in the terms and conditions that we will do a raffle draw, meaning we will pick 100 players randomly using a randomizer (take note there were 3k plus entries submitted). Out of the 100 participants we will be picking the TOP 10 best suggestions from that list. FYI, we can't possibly read all 3000 plus entries.

After we randomly picked the winners, we sorted them out, removed those who did not qualify based on their entries and based on their accounts (like if their account has bans, etc.)

There were indeed a lot of entries that had similar ideas. But again, we picked the top 10 based from the 100 winners the randomizer already selected for us. So I am indeed sorry if you felt that your entry was copied. There is really no way for us to prove this as well.

And also...

--- UPDATE ---

Since 2 of the Top 10 Winners (DrJEBOL and 2ego) were included in the 90 winners, we randomly picked 2 more players to replace them in the 11th to 100 place:
                  No need to read all 3000 entries, my comment was easily a win.
                  GrowID: Oldsock/JudahBowe
                  Instagram: @sockia
                  Discord: Oldsock#0653

Comment

And also...

--- UPDATE ---

They should be disqualified and 4 new winners should be drawn, instead of just picking 2 new winners to account for their alts.

They have clearly violated the rules, and it isn't fair for those that followed it. Right now, they are still getting rewarded for their wrongdoing regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN) View Post
                      No need to read all 3000 entries, my comment was easily a win.
                      Can't read yours without reading em all
                      . because yes ,

Changed my name to Proni2

Comment

They should be disqualified and 4 new winners should be drawn, instead of just picking 2 new winners to account for their alts.

They have clearly violated the rules, and it isn't fair for those that followed it. Right now, they are still getting rewarded for their wrongdoing regardless.
                        You misunderstood, those didn't cheat, Ubisoft accidentally placed them in both tables, but there is 13 players out of 11-100th place that DID cheat and posted multiple comments (one of them had ten or eleven ).
                        I have all the names if needed, NekoRei can check it herself and disqualify them.
                        Rest In Peace, Marley

Comment

And also...

--- UPDATE ---

I think you will choose the most, best, and most unique advice. I have seen many players who only copy the ideas of other players, so I think of suggestions that no one has written.

Apparently you used random selection first , then choose the best
                          sigpic
                          🚀OzZED🚀

Comment

Originally posted by OzZED View Post
                            I think you will choose the most, best, and most unique advice. I have seen many players who only copy the ideas of other players, so I think of suggestions that no one has written.

Apparently you used random selection first , then choose the best
                            I've thought the same.
                            Rest In Peace, Marley

Comment

Originally posted by CzeGamer View Post
                              You misunderstood, those didn't cheat, Ubisoft accidentally placed them in both tables, but there is 13 players out of 11-100th place that DID cheat and posted multiple comments (one of them had ten or eleven ).
                              I have all the names if needed, NekoRei can check it herself and disqualify them.
                              Ah, I see.

Since you already have the names, why not just report them and see how do the Moderators respond?

If they ignore it, they are just setting a dangerous precedent for any future giveaways that they host. Why would participants bother reading or following the rules if they can get away scot-free?

Comment

Let's be honest here, the results of the competition will most likely not be affected even if there are alot of complaints.

I am also extremely inclined to believe that this thread will not receive any official reply even if they read the thread.

Lastly, the aftereffects of the double rollback has yet to be completely solved, making the problem with the competition small in comparison.
                                IGN :LI0NHEART

sigpic
                                The combo you have all been waiting for.
                                I know its beautiful, no need to thank me,you are all welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X