Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily server crashes

Title says it all.
    GT servers are crashing daily sometimes more than once a day. I remember in the old days where the server can run fine until the next update/planned maintenance. Like how is this actually acceptable. It literally indicates that there is likely something rare that not many people have or a rare event that is causing the crash. Like do you guys not practice problem management or something?

I'm about to lose a finale ticket.

Also I was predicted to have gotten a sunblade with that ticket so rip sunblade I guess
    . because yes ,

Changed my name to Proni2

Comment

Here comes the Ubisoft apologists

Comment

look at the items (especially clothings) from Seth + Hamumu's era
        and then look at the ones from the Ubisoft era

kthxbai

edit: also, they probably downgraded the servers to cut cost.
        BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

THE SERVER CRASHES EVERY TIME AROUND 4:00 - 12:00 GT TIME!!
          IDK ABOUT SERVER BUT YEAH ALWAYS
          I REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN A 1 WHOLE WORLD (BUYGHC/TRADE/NASDAQ/SEEDIARY) CAN BE FULL WITHOUT LAG EVEN YOUR GRAPHICS IS SO HIGH
          BUT NOW MAX IS 65 AND YOU WILL GET DC EVERYTIME LOL THIS GAME IS REALLY BROKEN IMAGINE 45K+ PLAYERS AND GT ARE CRASHING ALREADY
          BEFORE WHEN RTSOFT OWNED THE GAME 60K PLAYERS + NO BOTS THAT TIME GT WORKING FINE AS HELL *** HAPPEN

Comment

It’s just that Ubisoft doesn’t wanna spend money on connectivity issues and those stuff -as an example: render bug issue has not been fixed for 4 months-
            IGN: Bardes
            Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
            Discord: Bardes#3326

Comment

The servers seem to crash during daily challenges, i think the problem is in the daily challenges somehow..

Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
              edit: also, they probably downgraded the servers to cut cost.
              Ubisoft is not a moron group who downgrade their servers.
              Servers are not as "good" as it was like 4 years ago because a lot of new cool effects/features create lag.
              IGN: LimeChicken

@limechickengt on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
                Ubisoft is not a moron group who downgrade their servers.
                Servers are not as "good" as it was like 4 years ago because a lot of new cool effects/features create lag.
                If downgrading servers is a moronic thing to do and new effects/features causes lag, why not upgrade servers?

Comment

Originally posted by AntiScamFree View Post
                  If downgrading servers is a moronic thing to do and new effects/features causes lag, why not upgrade servers?
                  Upgrading servers would be nice indeed, i think (/hope) they are waiting until the world becomes "normal" again to see the actual amount of people who are playing the game to decide whether to upgrade the servers or not.
                  IGN: LimeChicken

@limechickengt on Instagram.

Comment

Upgrading servers would be nice indeed, i think (/hope) they are waiting until the world becomes "normal" again to see the actual amount of people who are playing the game to decide whether to upgrade the servers or not.
                    That's actually a fair point. I haven't considered that a percentage of the current player base is due to the quarantines and lockdowns around the world.

But, waiting for the world to become "normal" again is kinda a long wait They would probably gain more revenue if they upgraded the servers in the world's current state.

Comment

That's actually a fair point. I haven't considered that a percentage of the current player base is due to the quarantines and lockdowns around the world.

But, waiting for the world to become "normal" again is kinda a long wait They would probably gain more revenue if they upgraded the servers in the world's current state.
                      There is a high probability they use AWS. Considering AWS is scalable, they can upgrade and downgrade on the fly. How do I know?
                      1. It is obvious enough if you just look at the renderworld link.
                      2. There is a more convoluted method involving netstat and ip lookups but that also leads to AWS.
                      AWS is a cloud hosting provider. They can be scaled up and down really quickly in terms of what resources. The problem might just be that GT's code may not be robust enough to handle more servers.

Comment

They wont spend money on the server thats the sad truth about this game its all about money for them not fun .

Comment

Originally posted by kpnicko View Post
                          They wont spend money on the server thats the sad truth about this game its all about money for them not fun .
                          You're contradicting yourself. Upgrading servers = more players = more money.

I dislike Ubisoft's poor management just like any other growtopian but you're making baseless statements.

Comment

You're contradicting yourself. Upgrading servers = more players = more money.

I dislike Ubisoft's poor management just like any other growtopian but you're making baseless statements.
                            Did i contradict ? upgrading servers = more player = more money ? how can you say that lel they are not upgrading the server and the player are already alot they already earn more money without upgrading the server so why upgrade :/ i didnt contradict myself you just misunderstood.

Comment

Did i contradict ?
                              Yes, your statements were contradictory to what each of them was trying to convey. You said that Ubisoft only cares about money, and in the same post, you also say that they won't upgrade the server because of it. You do realize that upgrading the server is an investment that generates more revenue and income, right?

upgrading servers = more player = more money ? how can you say that lel they are not upgrading the server
                              Yes, they have not. Which is the reason why I suggested it in this thread.

and the player are already alot they already earn more money without upgrading the server so why upgrade :/
                              Once again, you are contradicting yourself. Were you just not showing distaste to Ubisoft for not upgrading servers because they prioritize money over fun in your previous post?

Look:
                              And now you're asking me "why upgrade :/"? Make up your mind lol

i didnt contradict myself you just misunderstood.
                              On that note, I think you may have misunderstood me, too. I suggest you re-read my previous posts on this thread and try to ****yze what I was trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X