[Feedback] Forum Upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally like it

only problem I have with it is that it's too bright and we still get the Forbidden 403 error sometimes

Comment

• Please add some contrast between replies and general forum UI. It's unclear where one reply ends and other starts, text (near the person's name; reply date; reply itself) has the same font and size EVERYWHERE. WHY??
      • Share and tweet buttons are useless since no one uses them anyway.
      • 'Like' feature is good, however executed badly - the number of likes is very small. Also could have added more 'emoticons' to react to post like in other 'new' forums - love, sad (to begin with).
      • Online/offline indicator circle could be filled (full gray; full green).
      Last edited by Imunity; 07-29-2020, 05:27 PM.
      IGN: Imunity

Comment

Nice UI, but it would've been nice to include dark mode, since we're gamers, but still I really like the new fresh UI

Comment

Originally posted by Tomukelis123 View Post
          Nice UI, but it would've been nice to include dark mode, since we're gamers, but still I really like the new fresh UI
          good idea .
          IGN: Imunity

Comment

Originally posted by Baskerville View Post
            Hello Growtopians,

First of all, the team and I welcome you on the new and shiny Growtopia Forums!

We've been working hard in the last couple of weels to provide you with a much-needed, modern and improved experience. Not only is the forum upgraded to a newer software version now, we've updated and optimized the theme as well!

As we are still working on some minor forum improvements and bugs caused due to migration of the database. In the meantime we would ask you to provide us with your feedback and any bugs you find in this thread.

~ Baskerville
            It looks alright. It's not too clutter. It's very clean and organised. On the first layout from back in the day is nostalgic while the 2nd layout is meh, and the current one is way better than the previous one. They did a great job to make it as clean as possible.
            I experience 3D Modeling and 2D Drawings.

IG: @raymondtran59

QUACK!

sigpic

Comment

I feel like theres way to much whitespace around everything. The Facebook and Twitter buttons under profiles are also a bit useless in my opinion.
              ~Garodus

Comment

I love the look and the new features but I feel as if its too zoomed it and I have to scroll too much. If it was the same size as the previous forum pages with the new design and features I think it would be amazing
                Ign: Thewebb

Comment

Not gonna lie, its very pleasuring to the eye! But gonna have to get use to it..

Ps - Would love a dark mode...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Corrects View Post
                    This feels really weird, too much scrolling.. Not a huge fan
                    you will getting used to

Comment

Probably going to take a while to get used to, but I do think it's better than the old design. I like the visitor messages feature too, and how we are able to like each others posts.

I think the default text size is quite small, I think it should be a little bigger. And as others have said, I also think a dark mode would be useful.
                      Last edited by Veteran; 07-29-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

i think it looks abysmal

heres some things i don’t like
                        -i get a 403 forbidden or 502 bad gateway every other damn time i reload the site
                        -there is a massive blue space of sky on the top of the page- i’m assuming the growtopia logo is supposed to be there since it covers up the palm tree in the art (ocd)
                        -there is a facebook share option. who even uses facebook to share forum posts -there should be a separating line between the date on top of the post and the post content
                        -the search text is not centered in the search box (ocd)
                        -the “forums,” “website,” and “support” keys aren’t even centered on the top bar
                        -the text 3 lines down (the one that shows you what subforum you are in) is in a completely different font then the rest of the top

”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
                        discord: darkphantic#7895

sigpic

Comment

This is an abomination. Is this the effect of ubisoft on everything? It destroys everything it touches.

A normal designed phpBB customized to growtopia theme is much better than this.
                          I SIMPLY JUST DONT CARE

F/Eyes = 0/0
                          BLG = 0/0
                          DL = IDC
                          WLS = IDC
                          Cult Hood = 100*100/100
                          Cult Robe = 100*100/100

Noͦ hͫoͦNeͤY

IGN:cocoMonkey
                          Oh I love dark.
                          U bored? try this https://pointerpointer.com/

Comment

Fixed the spacing.
                            https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-custom-theme

Don't blame ubisoft, blame vBulletin 5.
                            A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
                            Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
                            IGN: TK69
                            Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Comment

It looks very bad and I wish they moved back to the old one.

Comment

It's nice to see an update. I personally don't think forums need to look pretty, but I quess it doesn't hurt to make them look good.

So here are a few things I'd like to see changed in the new design:
                                * Dark theme - current design is very hard on the eyes when viewed in the dark
                                * Bigger fonts. I have good eyesight, but it's pretty difficult to read the text now (using a 1440p monitor).
                                * The design seems to be optimized for smart devices. Again, 2/3 of my screen is unused, but you have to scroll vertically much more.
                                * There should be a bar up top with the links to profile and stuff. Currently, it just looks unfinished
                                * The like button looks like a Facebook like button, which is confusing as to whether the like will be linked to the Facebook account or only the forums account. I'd use a different icon, as it doesn't seem to be linked to Facebook.
                                * I already got a 502 error. I hoped that it would get fixed, but that is a backend problem.
                                * Why do we have so many ways to share a comment (fb share, tweet, and also the link when u click the #number). As if anyone ever shared forums comments on facebook??
                                * User Profile is broken, "Edit Avatar" box is on the picture.
                                * What are the bars under user profile for? The "is on a distinguished road".
                                * We have 8 separate vertical layers of menu bars. What for? Seems like bad or rushed code. See attachment.
                                * When uploading an image, there is a "send it to the Server" button - why? Also see attachment.
                                * On mobile I cant see even a single topic, when first loading the page, without scrolling. There is no useful information. Although it is much easier to click on different topics on mobile now.
                                * Text is sometimes on top of another
                                * Could we get a legacy design option until all the bugs and flaws have been fixed? This design is far too raw to consider using.

I'll probably update this once I've spent more time around here. Good luck, it's a good start and nice to see it functioning. I see that design was pushed out far too early and hope you will be able to make the much needed adjustments.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by CSP; 07-30-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X