Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting... But anyway, have had my world reviewed by Sabaei already. I'm a bit concerned about the fact that SELLGOTOXXX is legal. If you're asking us, the owner who spent tons of bgls on buy+ worlds to allow any SELLGOTOXXX then I do not really agree with that. Similar to how you're giving us rules to follow, I would like to give those mods/guardians rules to follow. First, I'd would like to have a guardian/mod in my world FULL time monitoring what SELLGOTOXXX is illegal as we "normal" players can't really know who's doing it legally and who's not. For instance, I see a LOT of those sellgotoxxx leaving and entering the world (which is illegal since they're using a program for that). I've seen the same name do that for the past month or so and he's still not banned even with me reporting. Not to mention the fact that they make servers extremely laggy and all they do is sit in a world and afk. In other words, SELLGOTOXXX should be illegal.

A lot of people have been commenting about "fossils" and how they are wasting their precious 1 minute. Now, if you're going to remove fossils, a lot of people would go crazy especially those who have bought the fossil spots, i'm just saying my policy was NO REFUNDS so like they'll be coming at you. Second, there should be an alternative to having honors, otherwise, there's no point in opening my world itself since it's not rewarding especially when you've spent more than 45 bgls.

Misthios, I do remember the talk we had about royal locks and I've seen those who've been crying over the fact that royal lock should be nerfed. Nerf it, and buy+ prices will drop. I've already seen some buy+ owners going crazy over those rules since not all buy+ worlds are OP and most rely on their vend profit to produce their daily income. Some of the blocks are easily massable and some are not. This does affect the buy+ price. Imagine a world getting 2 dls/day but after adding those rules it barely gets 50wls/day, wow. I think it's the fact that most people who are complaining about buy+ don't actually know how hard it was to earn WLS back then. I doubt they would survive a week of old growtopia where it was either farm till death or stay poor. Mods/devs have been taking new player's/lower class --> who barely play growtopia suggestions more than the ones who've spent hours of grinding.

P.S: don't reply unless you're a mod/someone who's in charge of the rules. I do think the points stated above are logical. Only point I've actually liked was that you might open up auctions for worlds that have been banned in the past.

Summary:

1. SELLGOTXXX issue where it basically just steals customers from your worlds and in return you get NOTHING. They do cause lag problems, most use bots and most importantly, normal players like me can't differentiate between a bot SELLGOTOXXX and a normal one.

2. Fossil spots --> read second paragraph

3. Buy+ prices WILL drop as most rely on whatever method they're using

4. I don't see how we OLD/HIGHER class players don't get to vote or don't get our opinions heard??!!??!?! Now, I think a lot will argue that they've been playing this game even before I have and this might be true but like, I've actually stopped playing competitively since 2016 and I'm still richer by HARD WORK.

Clearly mentioned that only devs/mods should reply, don't get why still reply. Majority of people in here (if not all), can't afford 1/4 of the buy+ worlds any of the higher tier has.

Last edited by Law_Growtopia; 09-03-2020, 08:21 PM.
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Comment

• Kinganjing
      Kinganjing commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m pretty sure the reason why SELLGO accounts enter and leave is cuz u ban them.

• RandomTroll
      RandomTroll commented
      Editing a comment
      Sellgo wouldn't exist if there were no owners like you. Also older richer players? As a older richer player I vote these rules go through and we nuke buyportal.

• Grxwtopia
      Grxwtopia commented
      Editing a comment
      Just say your income depends on people only going to your world and go.

Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    Interesting... But anyway, have had my world reviewed by Sabaei already. I'm a bit concerned about the fact that SELLGOTOXXX is legal. If you're asking us, the owner who spent tons of bgls on buy+ worlds to allow any SELLGOTOXXX then I do not really agree with that. Similar to how you're giving us rules to follow, I would like to give those mods/guardians rules to follow. First, I'd would like to have a guardian/mod in my world FULL time monitoring what SELLGOTOXXX is illegal as we "normal" players can't really know who's doing it legally and who's not. For instance, I see a LOT of those sellgotoxxx leaving and entering the world (which is illegal since they're using a program for that). I've seen the same name do that for the past month or so and he's still not banned even with me reporting. Not to mention the fact that they make servers extremely laggy and all they do is sit in a world and afk. In other words, SELLGOTOXXX should be illegal.

A lot of people have been commenting about "fossils" and how they are wasting their precious 1 minute. Now, if you're going to remove fossils, a lot of people would go crazy especially those who have bought the fossil spots, i'm just saying my policy was NO REFUNDS so like they'll be coming at you. Second, there should be an alternative to having honors, otherwise, there's no point in opening my world itself since it's not rewarding especially when you've spent more than 45 bgls.

Misthios, I do remember the talk we had about royal locks and I've seen those who've been crying over the fact that royal lock should be nerfed. Nerf it, and buy+ prices will drop. I've already seen some buy+ owners going crazy over those rules since not all buy+ worlds are OP and most rely on their vend profit to produce their daily income. Some of the blocks are easily massable and some are not. This does affect the buy+ price. Imagine a world getting 2 dls/day but after adding those rules it barely gets 50wls/day, wow. I think it's the fact that most people who are complaining about buy+ don't actually know how hard it was to earn WLS back then. I doubt they would survive a week of old growtopia where it was either farm till death or stay poor. Mods/devs have been taking new player's/lower class --> who barely play growtopia suggestions more than the ones who've spent hours of grinding.

P.S: don't reply unless you're a mod/someone who's in charge of the rules. I do think the points stated above are logical. Only point I've actually liked was that you might open up auctions for worlds that have been banned in the past.

Summary:

1. SELLGOTXXX issue where it basically just steals customers from your worlds and in return you get NOTHING. They do cause lag problems, most use bots and most importantly, normal players like me can't differentiate between a bot SELLGOTOXXX and a normal one.

4. I don't see how we OLD/HIGHER class players don't get to vote or don't get our opinions heard??!!??!?! Now, I think a lot will argue that they've been playing this game even before I have and this might be true but like, I've actually stopped playing competitively since 2016 and I'm still richer by HARD WORK.
    I will reply because this is a open forum for discussion it's your choice to reply to this or not.

"Older/higher class" this is a game everyone is the same if under Game guardians/mods and Devs you're the same and your comment here outlines a issue that players think they are above the game because of time spent you have more rights than newer players.
    New players give new ideas that the old ones won't, it's good to have a open discussion with all players for this reason alone.

"i'm just saying my policy was NO REFUNDS"
    But you're SO rich and keep getting richer but still scam players with far less. Justify that all you want that's what it is.

buy world's are over priced anyway and players shouldn't place all their eggs into a basket and when they drop complain about changes to the game being the reason.
    If you're so confident in your gameplay nothing here would bother you.

All your points are from a personal point of view that doesn't care about the majority of the player base.

IGN - Jud
    Main world - HELLO
    Instagram - JuD.Growtopia

Goal -
    Title - 100%/100%
    New goals.
    1) complete all classics.
    2) complete all epics.

Comment

Summary:

sellgo bots who repeatedly enter and leave the world should be banned indeed, thats the only thing that actually makes sense in your post.

fossil spots are stupid anyway, and its your decision whether you want to scam the people who bought them or not, because god you have only 60 world locks and a few rich buy+ worlds. Just because you said "no refund" literally proves everyone's point that you are more than greedy. It's about the time you think about other as well, you are not the only growtopian on this planet.

Buy+ prices are way too high anyway, like Jud above me mentioned already.

i cant remove this picture from my siggy, pls dm me some help

Instagram: @limechickengt

Comment

It's an open discussion. You don't tell people to not reply to your argument as if you are forcing us to listen to just yours.

Regarding SellGO accounts, i certainly believe you didn't get the point of which SellGO are legal and which are not. The use of macros for any kind of activity including spamming exit/enter a world is not allowed. This doesn't apply to AFK SellGO since they do not use 3rd party programs or macros making them a perfectly legal thing as long as the account was put in AFK on a device and no multiple instances of Growtopia running in the background(Excluding the use of multiple device).
      ​​​​​​
      Selling and Buying fossil spots are not a protected purchase/service. This is essentially the same as purchasing Shatter Crystal punch from other player. Any transaction that doesn't transfer the ownership of something fully to the buyer is never always a recommendation.

I highly doubt that the price value of particular world will drop due to a set of conduct that applies to ALL similar world. Worlds are valued based on their rarity, usefulness, visitor count, source for income and how much income are made compared to another world, and several other aspect.
      A new set of rules and conduct applies to ALL other worlds thus making it a fair situation one with another.
      Number of price nominal might drop as you said but the value remain the same.

Ah also, we are all the same. You are a player. I'm a player, and other as well. Your opinion are heard but can also be countered by those who disagree with it. We do not get mad when someone disagree with our opinion. Just get more people with similar or the same mindset as yours and are agreeing to your argument. That is how you can win a fight here.

Comment

First, I'd would like to have a guardian/mod in my world FULL time monitoring [...]
        You're being unreasonable right off the bat, which makes anything you say after less valuable

what SELLGOTOXXX is illegal as we "normal" players can't really know who's doing it legally and who's not.

For instance, I see a LOT of those sellgotoxxx leaving and entering the world (which is illegal since they're using a program for that).
        Which is why you should give benefit to the doubt unless you have justifiable reasoning to believe the opposite. People naming themselves "sellAtX" don't actually cause any harm per se. Often they're just a compromise to compete in growtopias monopolised and spam bot filled economy.

If we compare them to spam bots they're practically harmless, which is why they deserve to be low priority. People repeatedly entering worlds may just be a symptom of unscrupulous strategies of buy+ owners.

A lot of people have been commenting about "fossils" and how they are wasting their precious 1 minute.
        Again, you're being unreasonable and lack sympathy by belittling their frustration, likely not even realising the harm such fossil links causr.

Now, if you're going to remove fossils, a lot of people would go crazy
        Instead of removing fossils it is more likely that the underlying system would be changed to account for exploitation

especially those who have bought the fossil spots, i'm just saying my policy was NO REFUNDS so like they'll be coming at you.
        That's just narcisstic

Second, there should be an alternative to having honors, otherwise, there's no point in opening my world itself since it's not rewarding especially when you've spent more than 45 bgls.
        Which is why we're looking for a solution that will make harmful buy+ designs unattractive, while not making buy+ world ownership undesirable.

Imagine a world getting 2 dls/day but after adding those rules it barely gets 50wls/day, wow.
        ... which is still a good chunk of wls.
        The rest of the wls would go to hard working growtopians trying to climb the social ladder.
        Then again, taking myself as an example I have justified concerns that the drop of wls would be this significant the majority of buy+.

I think it's the fact that most people who are complaining about buy+ don't actually know how hard it was to earn WLS back then. I doubt they would survive a week of old growtopia where it was either farm till death or stay poor. Mods/devs have been taking new player's/lower class --> who barely play growtopia suggestions more than the ones who've spent hours of grinding.
        While I won't deny, that there might be a good number of low class growtopians voicing their partially uneducated, judgemental and respect of hard work lacking opinions in economical matters especially, I also believe that a lot of the criticism in this thread specifically is valid.

P.S: don't reply unless you're a mod/someone who's in charge of the rules.
        As someone possibly influencing the outcome of this discussion I deem myself in charge enough...

​​​
        Only point I've actually liked was that you might open up auctions for worlds that have been banned in the past.
        I agree.
        Giving the worlds away in a raffle is just not fair and quite honestly a big lost opportunity for massive wl sinks.
        Then again, I have no idea how they'd organize an auction with binding bids.

Summary:

That's the problem:
        It's not YOUR world!
        It's everyones world!
        Stop being so egoistic.

Summary?

They're currently too expensive anyway.

You call yourself hard working and demand recognition for your work, but at the same time fail to realise that your buy+ worlds specifically - as they currently are - take the opportunity you had of anyone that comes after, thus nullifying your implied argument of lazy lower class players stealing your fruit.
        It's just you being greedy

Comment

• MiMelody
          MiMelody commented
          Editing a comment
          Well yeah, i also want to say that he is being egoist from his argument. None of the point actually support why he do not agree with these suggested changes.

Clearly mentioned that only devs/mods should reply, don't get why still reply. Majority of people in here (if not all), can't afford 1/4 of the buy+ worlds any of the higher tier has.
        Rich or not, everyone has opinions and suggestions, just because you are greedy and milk the hell out of profits of ur worlds doesn’t mean your knowledge could be any higher to a player who farms laser grids daily.
        Like others said, this is an open discussion people are free to question others suggestions, add their options so stop being so self centred and entitled.
        If you want mods/devs to reply to you, pm them or talk with them in game.
        You are just causing yourself to have more replies with your entitled and arrogant attitude.

Comment

I feel like the majority of BUY worlds are exploiting their excuse of "spammers cause havoc for us owners and regular traders". To a degree, I understand why worlds are muted and boards are kept privatised because of normal players abusing such ability of free-speech (primarily using third-party tools or aggressive forms of advertising, i.e. filling a board on alts), but these overall limit the ability to use these worlds as trade worlds as a normal player. There is a great deal of anti-social and vexatious strategies BUY worlds implement as a form of "preventing spammers/bots" but ends up really being a form of maximising profits by deterring the player of even wanting to stay or trade in the world and thus resulting in the player buying the overpriced stock (putting their worlds in the corner top to prevent nametags/speech bubbles, allowing no space to trade besides sitting on vending machines, placing display blocks/mailboxes to prevent visible placing as a form of letting others know you want to trade). Even small, empty worlds are silenced / no publicised board which makes obtaining or finding stock of those particular items tediously impossible to find - and these worlds are often the majority.

In reality, I think it boils down to the notion of attempting to prevent players from trading or even considering such rather than preventing spam/bots.

Procedures need to be done by Ubisoft to deter BUY owners from wanting to implement such anti-social and scummy strategies but also still taking action to those who are intently trying to be greedy in an oppressive and toxic mannerism. Fossils need a rework as they've become a Growtokens 2.0, the ability to use alternate accounts to fill up boards need to be considered, copy+pasting should be disabled again (from how it was before), and spamming/botting needs to be addressed further.

I know the last point is realistically difficult to address and solve, but we shouldn't ignore it as the main contributor to the main motive behind anti-social BUY worlds.
          37 World of the Days won.
          4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

Call me greedy or whatever I honestly do NOT care as it does not affect me in any way. As I've mentioned above, my worlds are totally legal right now so like 80% of your replies about changing my world does not make any sense. Secondly, this is the main reason why higher class people do not make a forums account, it's filled with so much BS. If you want proof, ask anyone who's a richie. Most of ur arguments do not make any sense. Thirdly, i'm still sticking to what i've said regarding sellgoxxx and regarding the benefits honored world would give + I'm still sticking towards my buy+ argument of how they'll get cheaper and no one would want to invest in em anymore. I've also read a point of how "everyone has a saying" which is not necessarily true. Mods are normal players like us, they're not special any kind of way. If you honestly would like to make a change, I suggest you speak with those who have a buy+ world (an expensive one of course, probably a 20-30+ one) and ask them before doing all this. I mentioned above worlds that barely get 1dl/day even with their current world designs. I'm sticking to what i gotta say and if needed, i'll speak with some people with those buy+ so we "greedy" players can make a move as well.

If a mod/guardian is willing to monitor my world 24/7 to ban all spambots, I'm fine with sellgotoxxx, but if not then nope. I don't have time to monitor their behavior and log on/off to see who's a bot and who's not. I've also mentioned something about only mod/devs could reply to this as I knew some of you guys would come crying to me

Comment

Ok I mainly want to address this.

1. First while I do know you won't answer and i'll talk about that later, saying fossils are good for BUY+ owners, is basically supporting the old growtoken system. Fossils should be changed because they are legit this old system, and we got rid of that system for its links, scam worlds, etc. Fossils is just repeating this problem.

2. No one if forcing you to own a BUY+ world, or spend that much on it, that's on you if you don't make it back. You still have overpriced vends that people still buy from bringing money in. In addition to seasonal event spawns, assuming your making a tiny box with just your vend in it, no price checking board, and other BUY+ world features. This argument is like saying I should be allowed more ads on youtube since the money i put into the videos i make. Despite already having good merchandise sales. Aka I put money into something i should always be making more back.

3. Honors were never important to begin with, if anything your getting free advertisement on scoreboards and top-world lists, that should be enough.

4. This is talking about what i bolded and underlined in your argument, this line is basically saying "If you didn't experienced it your not allowed to complain!" Lets take some American history for example, how the colonist complained about taxes and how "No taxation without representation". This line is basically like Britain saying "You guys arn't allowed to complain, you never funded a war before." There are so many examples. Like how i can say your not allowed to say that we shouldn't have an argument, since you arn't in the lower classes shoes/ the player base whose trading various items often. People don't need straight up experience to discuss change. If that were true the world would of never gotten as far as it as.

Comment

If a mod/guardian is willing to monitor my world 24/7 to ban all spambots, I'm fine with sellgotoxxx, but if not then nope. I don't have time to monitor their behavior and log on/off to see who's a bot and who's not.
                You don't have time to monitor your own world, but you expect a mod/guardian who has other, more important duties to do it for you?
                My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
                I love her so so much eee
                how do I add back my sigpic
                IGN: Dynnie
                Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_187892.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	6894252

Comment

Buyvip is the best example please do something

Comment

Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
                      Which is why you should give benefit to the doubt unless you have justifiable reasoning to believe the opposite. People naming themselves "sellAtX" don't actually cause any harm per se. Often they're just a compromise to compete in growtopias monopolised and spam bot filled economy.

If we compare them to spam bots they're practically harmless, which is why they deserve to be low priority. People repeatedly entering worlds may just be a symptom of unscrupulous strategies of buy+ owners.
                      Bots are bots. Spamming enter and exit for 24/7 is different from the regular afk ones, a normal human being won't do such thing for hours. Abusing the system notification for entering and leaving can also be considered as spam.

Note: I'm not defending anyone here. I'm just pointing out the difference between afk players and bots. "Harmless" bots and other forms of bots must be ERADICATED.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokean View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_187892.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	6894252
                        doesn't answer my question, some people actual scam with those as well. I've seen someone else reply "what makes mods time less impt than yours", Well "what makes my timel ess impt than theirs??" If they're not willing to monitor the sellgotoxxx then i'm also not doing this especially when i've uni starting soon

Comment

• Lokean
                          Lokean commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "doesn't answer my question"
                          > The part that I quoted doesn't contain any question, it's purely an opinion of yours.

"some people actual scam with those as well"
                          > do /report and write a short narrative regarding the issue, it's your responsibility to check those if you own world. Some are actually scam but this does not apply to all afk sellgoxxx players.
                          Last edited by Lokean; 09-04-2020, 02:22 AM.

doesn't answer my question, some people actual scam with those as well. I've seen someone else reply "what makes mods time less impt than yours", Well "what makes my timel ess impt than theirs??" If they're not willing to monitor the sellgotoxxx then i'm also not doing this especially when i've uni starting soon
                        well its your world. its basically saying "Why do i need to watch my kid if the babysitter doesnt even have time do?" Like its YOUR kid, YOUR world, your in charge in watching it over.

Comment

• Lokean
                          Lokean commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed. Mods are supposed to moderate, they're not security guards for buy+worlds.
                      Working...
                      X