Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feedback] Roots Re-Rebalanced

Heya Growtopians,

Check out the newly refurbished Roots feature as discussed by ThePsyborg here!

Do let us know what you think about it in this thread.

~ NekoRei

No futher use for roots itself? Like have rarity or fertilizer thingie or anything? Gahh ☹️☹️
    GOAL :
    Max level (112/125)
    Enjoy the game (45/100)

Comment

Can at least tell us clearer?
      1. What's health value?
      2. How much reduction to gems?
      IGN: PEPPERISTIC
      IG: vin_hartono
      Shop: EWOHY
      GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

Comment

• Hazefaze
        Hazefaze commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Bountiful block more harder now, monkshood takes 5 hits with pickaxe now
        2. Not sure but it still plenty for me

• RIDWANNSGT
        RIDWANNSGT commented
        Editing a comment
        1.Me test in eating looming bountiful block need 5 hits
        2.idk how many gems can collect from root now

• JimIzPro
        JimIzPro commented
        Editing a comment
        Health value is block hits

Useless rebalance, The use for roots is more important than the grow time itself, Too many root cuttings supply, even u sell it for cheap cheap nobody will buy because of the supply.
      IGN : DRAYFUS

JOIN MY GIVEAWAY! GO TO THE GIVEAWAY SUBFORUM AND APPLY THERE! GOODLUCK!

IM JUST A SIMPLE GROWTOPIAN WHO IS STRIVING TO BE A PRO

AND DOING ALL WORK JUST TO BE RICH AND ALSO HELP NOOBS!

Comment

-Causing a deficiency in the root itself will increase the stock and make it even more useless

-For time I am very supportive because for example eating looming takes a long time to claim gems from root but now it will be easier -For gems myself, I haven't tried how many deductions are generated per root of each block

-For health, this value / hit hit per block only occurs in a few bountiful blocks such as bamboo bg, eating looming, bamboo spike, and others in the sub forum announcement, as far as I know, after testing it, now the eating looming plant requires 5 hits only that hasn't tried anything else.

Comment

I have a looming and fence farm at level 4. I cannot harvest it. Plus, the looming is still 5 hits. Are u joking about the update? Or it is not yet applied?

Comment

To be honest, there are really no changes been made to roots farming. Simply put: We are now able to claim gems 1 cycle faster than before but we also get lesser amount of gems plus harder block to break.

Comment

(at least for me) more use > more ppl farm roots
              GOAL :
              Max level (112/125)
              Enjoy the game (45/100)

Comment

Originally posted by NekoRei View Post
                Heya Growtopians,

Check out the newly refurbished Roots feature as discussed by ThePsyborg here!

Do let us know what you think about it in this thread.

~ NekoRei
                NekoRei in the update log it says that gem drop has been increased but why did the lattice fence gems drop????? Like from 80-120 now 71-102 bruhhhhhh
                LEVEL 36/125
                DREAM ITEM RAYMAN [impossible]
                Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZK...tyVVGne2vLl5WQ (FOR FUN)

Comment

Originally posted by MiMelody View Post
                  To be honest, there are really no changes been made to roots farming. Simply put: We are now able to claim gems 1 cycle faster than before but we also get lesser amount of gems plus harder block to break.
                  I'd say that the punches to gems ratio has been kept roughly the same while the overall cycle has been shortened.

It's a nice change since it allows you to have more gem harvests in the same amount of time.

For example, in 60 days you used to be able to get 4 sets of gems&roots off looming plants but now you'll be able to get 5.
                  IGN: Moombah

Comment

I do like that you did a small rebalance without it taking up a full monthly update - hopefully we can see more of this for other areas where smaller changes would be great but not worth a full months update.

The focus was clearly in the wrong area of the Bountiful Roots feature - the cuttings and their own value(s) is what needs focusing on. The focus this time was too heavily on gems - which if there is a delay of 4 cycles we'd want MORE gems, not for it to rival the same amount we'd get over four cycles from other farmables because we'd be getting a portion of those instantaneously.

Roots themselves need VALUE, so the cuttings we get from them after the cycle need to be useful. Currently the recipes have two flaws:
                    • Purely cosmetic, so will depreciate over time at rapid rates.
                    • Do not use nearly enough root cuttings to have a significant value.
                    We need items that use LOTS of root cuttings (a full 200 of 3 root cuttings, don't be shy!) & we need those items to look good and have purpose. Cool looking pickaxes, perhaps alternative fuel packs to compete with chemicals etc. The sky is the limit.

The idea of Pineapple Root Cuttings etc is fantastic, so I hope we see that expanded into other holidays & I hope we see more recipes from them - but instead of recipes using JUST holiday cuttings, have it be a combination of normal and special to keep them relevant.

For Harvest Festival specifically it'd be nice for Bountiful Root trees to offer exclusive Bountiful Mooncakes & have them incorporated into more high-end, useful recipes. Roots has a LOT of potential and it's a concept I'm personally a HUGE fan of - it just needs a little shove in the right direction. The focus on roots should be their own value & what we can do with them - with a nice gem bonus on the side at the end of it all. Leave hardcore gem farming to mainstream farmables.
                    The Forum Manual!

Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lollipopper View Post

I'd say that the punches to gems ratio has been kept roughly the same while the overall cycle has been shortened.

It's a nice change since it allows you to have more gem harvests in the same amount of time.

For example, in 60 days you used to be able to get 4 sets of gems&roots off looming plants but now you'll be able to get 5.
                      Don't forget that we now also need 1 more punch to break a block of lattice fence.
                      2500 seeds give a total of 9400-10000 blocks. Multiply that by 1 and you are now required to punch an extra 10000 times to complete a cycle. For a full cycle, multiply that by 4 and suddenly you need 40000 more punches to complete the entire root cycle. And guess how many block you can break with 40000 punches now? exactly 10000 blocks or to put in perspective, it's equivalent to 1 farm cycle.

Overall, we didn't earn anymore than what we previously had. There is literally nothing has been changed other than our psychological thinking that has been manipulated into thinking we are now able to claim "the same amount of gems as before" faster by 1 cycle.

Comment

Buffs related to hardnessNerfs related to hardnessReally grateful about how the hardness changes are listed in the changelog — made it much easier to document each of the changes (pasted above for further references for others?). Not so much with the gem drop rate changes, though. Anyway, Roots still need to work in conjunction with features like HarvestFest to be more viable. And let's not forget about the useless Root Cuttings?

Would love to see more (as long as they are well-planned, of course) balancing changes in the future.
                        Last edited by Sprite Lightning; 09-17-2020, 11:59 PM.
                        Growtopia Wiki admin. Check out some of my threads!
                        List of Pets and Clothing Mods
                        Converted RTTEX Files

Comment

Originally posted by MiMelody View Post

Don't forget that we now also need 1 more punch to break a block of lattice fence.
                          2500 seeds give a total of 9400-10000 blocks. Multiply that by 1 and you are now required to punch an extra 10000 times to complete a cycle. For a full cycle, multiply that by 4 and suddenly you need 40000 more punches to complete the entire root cycle. And guess how many block you can break with 40000 punches now? exactly 10000 blocks or to put in perspective, it's equivalent to 1 farm cycle.

Overall, we didn't earn anymore than what we previously had.
                          exactly, gems to punches ratio has been kept the same.
                          You still need to work equally as hard for the same amount of gems and roots but there is less of a time constraint.
                          IGN: Moombah

Comment

Um someone have level 4 root but can't harvest. How bout me with lvl 1?can any mod tell me if it can be mature by level 4?
                            IGN: PEPPERISTIC
                            IG: vin_hartono
                            Shop: EWOHY
                            GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

Comment

• JROOFED
                              JROOFED commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yeah just keep going it will be fine
                          Working...
                          X