[Feedback] Wing Week 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feedback] Wing Week 2020

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grow_OCT20_D1_Banner_V1.4_AIO.png Views:	0 Size:	227.1 KB ID:	6913469

Hey Growtopians!

Check out our announcement for the new annual event Wing Week here.

And as always, let us know your thoughts about it in this thread!

~ Hufflewitz
    What's meant to be will always find a way!

Seeems cool

Comment

I like the idea
      Ign: Thewebb

Comment

Try said it faster wing week wing week more like Week wings.
        ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
        Youtube:mylocationgt
        Discord:mylocation#8770

sigpic

Comment

This is a terrible annual event, we don't need tons of new wings every year. Yea they may look nice but I don't think we need 20 types of new wings every year

Comment

• LadyCyborg
            LadyCyborg commented
            Editing a comment
            I do think this can be a little much as well but i love seeing new items, it makes the game more interesting. Tho personally i think the game has a lot of wing items and could have other clothing items more

Can you guys make a wing that allows us to fly not just a double jump mod?
          IGN : EuryX

Selling Roshambo Block 20/1, Seed Out of stock in ROSHAMBOSHOP

Comment

• roqn
            roqn commented
            Editing a comment
            This is growtopia, not terraria.

The part that you guys mentioned in the update news thingy, "Competing in activities" isnt that like daily challenge? If it is so, i dont think it is really fair because no doubt, the pros will win, what happens next? Pros get richer and richer and what do the others who cant get the item do? At least make it a random reward found in activities or something.
          Instagram: Fictioner_Gaming
          Youtube: Fictioner Gaming

Comment

I have no idea why you come up with Wing Week but I like the new IOTM tho. It has a spooky vibe to it.
            I experience 3D Modeling and 2D Drawings.

IG: @raymondtran59

QUACK!

sigpic

Comment

1. The event is flawed. There would theoretically be more of a wing if it's released from the start than if it's released at the end of Wing Week. For example, the last wing that would be released during this week will only be obtainable for a day, while Neon Wings will be obtainable for 7 days. Maybe make the wings obtainable for 7 days after it's released?

2. The Dev Diary is too vague. I understand that you want to make the wings rare by making them obtainable only for a day or otherwise from the activities, but not telling us which activity the wings can be obtained from makes it a crapshoot to have to complete all 7 activities in equal amount before knowing which wings are from which. If a player didn't know the wings were from, say Mining and was only released on the 5th day, he would either need to wait until the last day to find the wings (which may not be found at all if the chances are low) or he would have to waste resources mining every day because he doesn't know where each wing comes from.

2.1. What's card battle? Do you mean crime-fighting or card PVP?

2.2. I find the phrase "competing in game activities" quite misleading. At first I thought it was about daily challenges but upon looking at the Dev Diary, it was actually about simply completing activities at their own leisure. It could be a spelling mistake, I don't know.

3. Personally, I am not a fan of wings, I usually wear nothing or a backpack or a cape instead of wings, but I can see that a majority of the player base may like wearing wings that look cool, and that's fine. I find that there is a great lack of good looking shirt items and pants/skirt items that can also be transmuted, seeing that hoodies/silk vests/a vast majority of skirts/dresses are untransmutable. A lot of the richer players don't wear shirts (at least most of them in BUYGHC don't) and I believe it's partly due to there not being any good shirts. I hope that you can make an update focusing on these overlooked clothing.
              IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
              Achievements completed: 152/168

Comment

• JimIzPro
                JimIzPro commented
                Editing a comment
                #1 has a really good point, considering that they're only obtainable during wing week

#2.1 card battle = card pvp

Originally posted by BladeGamer View Post
              1. The event is flawed. There would theoretically be more of a wing if it's released from the start than if it's released at the end of Wing Week. For example, the last wing that would be released during this week will only be obtainable for a day, while Neon Wings will be obtainable for 7 days. Maybe make the wings obtainable for 7 days after it's released?
              What if u can get those wings from activities for one day too? idk..

But my feedback is: Yes, we need things like this so gems will be gone. Using more gems for events like this, could balance damages what autofarmers cause for us. (if they waste gems for wings, they waste gems less for packs maybe)
              Level: 125
              Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
              My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
              Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
              Instagram: QueenChloeGT
              How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

People have been complaining about way too many new wings added last few years. So this is completely counter productive in that regard. Maybe if every year it will be another item like 'Shoe week' 'cape week' etc them it's a decent week but this is just awful to be honest.
                LURD

Comment

We didn't need a yearly filler update potentially killing the chance of any other update of better quality between Harvest and Halloween. And why even bloat the game with even more wings in the first place? At least you could have moved Balloon Warz, which has the most flexible schedule of all the annual events, to the start of October, and spent the effort designing new rewards for it instead.

But whatever.

LURD 's suggestion above seemed pretty neat.
                  Growtopia Wiki admin. Check out some of my threads!
                  List of Pets and Clothing Mods
                  Converted RTTEX Files

Comment

dev diary confusing english

nice event tho
                    BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

> The first wing looks cool. I'm too excited for the other ones to be released

> Is there going to be another item week event for this month after this?

> Maybe the devs should also add a similar event wherein a specific item will be available for a day in lock-bot and/or travelling salesman. I think it'll kinda help with the wl inflation

Online price checker discord:https://discord.gg/rq9JD9pnUr

Comment

Cool that they can still be obtainable next year.
                        I WLL MISS M1TCH, BYE !!!!

Originally posted by M1tch
                        Bye, AlyMilk ;) Best of luck and thank you for your kind words :D

Comment

• ManFromSouth
                          ManFromSouth commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't think so... there's no assurance that same wings will be available next year, cause according to psyborg "This is the only year when these wonderful wings will be available in the store, however, next year the wings will be still available in the activities and just maybe there will be 7 brand new awesome wings added for next year… but that’s a long way off yet!" qoute unquote. so probably next year's wings will be different. "just maybe" tho.
                      Working...
                      X