Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wing Week: One of the worst updates in ages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Week: One of the worst updates in ages.

The idea of the Wing Week was flawed from the start.

There is already an abundance of wings in the game that no one uses. Examples of such are the crystal wings. I haven't seen anyone wearing them since 2018. Wings are the least needed item. I can see why they chose wings though. Wings are seen as a sign of wealth and the more prestigious / big wing you have, the richer you look. This is why people pay outrageous prices for them. More people will buy them and because they are in store for a day, the gem sales boost because of people who want to buy the wings.

This update was clearly made to carry a little bit more of the treasure from the sinking ship back to the shore.

This doesn't have to be an annual event. Some of these wings such as the Ghoulish Wings could easily be implemented as event items, Halloween for the aforementioned wings.

Originally posted by ThePsyborg View Post
    Each activity has a chance to reward a specific wing, no other wing can be obtained from the same activity.
    There are a finite amount of activities in-game. The maximum amount of years this could be kept up is roughly 3-4 by estimation. That would total to 21-28 unique activities in-game.

Honestly speaking I think they could keep up this update since they keep putting out badly thought-out 'activities' instead of expanding upon better and more immersive ones because here they prioritize quantity over quality.

Not even 24 hours after the update released, someone was able to get their hands on the item sprites, gazette pictures, and names and posted them publicly. Quite a few people were able to get buy+ worlds for these items illegimately and nothing has been done to them. That's not it either, the next day (today) they added the Fried Wings in the gazette when the wings released were the Ghoulish Wings. How do you make that mistake?

The incompetence and / or
    disorganizement during the past days is baffling. Not only did you mess up by making a subjectively bad update in all ways possible but you messed up trying to implement that mess.

Secret Santa 2020

This annual event really sucks, wings that are cool but kinda uselesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssss
    BUYCAPACITOR STARTS AT 50 DLS!
    DM: Ezekiel GT

Comment

• Ezekiel GT
      Ezekiel GT commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes pretty useless i can buy ripper wing for 1 hl

• Dojobs
      Dojobs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah ripper wing are better than these new wing its cheap and newbie can afford .
      New wing is pretty expensive for them and these new wing only have cool animation but it same function as ripper wing

• K4yNougat
      K4yNougat commented
      Editing a comment
      U DONT HAVE SENSE OF ART DUDE, This game is not only concerned with the economy, in producing DLS.

I agree with this.
    Why wings like whyy
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

sigpic

Comment

Back then, big wings were cool
      now its just annoying to see them everywhere lol
      IGN: FinalChance
      -------- Art insta --------
      Visit my insta page here
      --------------------------

Comment

This event was so random.
        GrowID: PokeNotPoke
        Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

Originally posted by KitKats View Post
          Back then, big wings were cool
          now its just annoying to see them everywhere lol
          like EVERYWHERE, now newbie wearing wings is cool, back then ripper was our main favs. like arghh too many wings.
          ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
          Youtube:mylocationgt
          Discord:mylocation#8770

sigpic

Comment

Completely agree with you. People have been complaining about the amount of new and big wings added to the game. This update just feels like ubisoft is trolling as no one (besides some noobs that want 'cool' wings) wanted. Literally any other item kind would have been better than wings.
            LURD

Comment

Same, i wish we got nothing and waited for halloween instead.

I REALLY want to hope its an excuse to work on that july update but no word has been said yet, if i remember they said somewhere they wanted a new annual event... so i guess it took them multiple months to make 7 sprites that are just double jump wings.

Halloween either has to be really good, or we better get the best update ever in November to overshadow this garbage fire

Comment

bumping this

Secret Santa 2020

Comment

Yall really saying to rather not get updates? Thats kind of selfish to say for the noobs ngl thats kinda sus no point of bumping this if it only spreads negativity
                  Grow ID: codeaf
                  Password: Codeisbro123*
                  Level: 3/125
                  Networth (for flex): 5wls
                  Profit Method: Scam/Drop Game

IG: @codeaf_gt
                  Link: https://www.instagram.com/codeaf_gt/
                  Discord: codebro#7207
                  (insert "r/im14andthisisdeep" quote here)

Comment

• Jedaki
                    Jedaki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not saying I don't want updates. Wing Week is just bad and I would have taken anything other than that.

Even an update dedicated to making items transmutable would be better even if it doesn't contain anything new

• JimIzPro
                    JimIzPro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's feedback not negativity

Originally posted by CodesProfit View Post
                  Yall really saying to rather not get updates? Thats kind of selfish to say for the noobs ngl thats kinda sus no point of bumping this if it only spreads negativity
                  It hurts any sense of progression in game for everyone. Growtopia is about growing and part of that is growing your clothes into cooler/bigger to show others how much you have played. This update (together with many IOTM items) ruin this sense of progression which hurts the noobs just as much as richer players
                  LURD

Comment

Originally posted by myLocation View Post

like EVERYWHERE, now newbie wearing wings is cool, back then ripper was our main favs. like arghh too many wings.
                    back then when legendary wings is only the big wing item, when you see a player with legendary wing, me and other noobs always follow that player and we are in awe because all we have is ripper and crimson wings
                    Just a noob that doesn't know how to invest.
                    IGN: Pilemon
                    Goals: Build a Dirt Block (1/1)
                    Lock a World with a World Lock (1/1)
                    Break 10 Dirt Blocks (10/10)

Comment

For me the update was fine but rather than adding new wings every year i rather add like a different clothing items, like orbs or jetpack for example OR PANTS!
                      IGN : Polyphia

Comment

obviously a filler update, it was so flawed but i liked the wings

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This update was super random, I don't recall anyone asking for this. The items would fit better on growganoth and made harder to obtain so they wont be overused.

Comment

Working...
                          X