Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more useful IOTM's added in the future..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more useful IOTM's added in the future..?

One of the Game Guardians named "ByteCode" has mentioned in the Growtopia Official Discord server that useful IOTMS causes harm in the game..
    Considering that the dev's may not add any similar useful iotms in the future, like Rayman fist, royal lock, golden drones and other iotm's that went up to over 10dls,80dls, 100dls..
    Back in 2017-2018, there were only around 25k-35k players, not many were rich players as well, not many players bought the Rayman fist, there it became limited and raised in demand.
    During this year in 2020, right after blue Gem Locks were unlocked, the players went from 27k/35k to 40k, then slowly 50k, 60k..

In my opinion, I don't think the devs will make useful iotms again in the future considering that most rich old gt players have returned and they would hoard a lot of it, if it was "useful".
    People would totally abuse the system once again by manipulating prices of "useful" iotms if so.

Let me know your comments please :3

Not gonna lie, but tle Mech Butler was the worst IOTM, where else the jack head is quite decent looking.
    Attached Files

I don't know

Comment

You see, when Rayman appear, it made a lot of improvements on the gameplay, but on other side it make farmable prices go down and also the economic gap
      when Magplant appear, it made BFG possible but it made the economic gap of players even further, causing the top to rule and the below to scarce for wls
      when Royal locks appear, it made BUY+ owners rule (well, some are not technically rule over and keep the profit to them, but there are some who are greedy) and the buyer/seller experience went drastically down resulting in many complains and now, mods need to discuss it, which technically waste their times.

I won't say that all useful ideas will result in a bad thing like things above, but I think they decide to do that as they want to prevent any abuse of items. Because what they have done, they can't simply revert them back like for example getting off the silence, peasants feature from royal lock as the price is 20 dls now.
      IGN: PEPPERISTIC
      IG: vin_hartono
      Shop: EWOHY
      GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

Comment

It's been clear that they won't release any new useful unique IOTMs anymore because they're just too OP to be a limited item. Yet people are still complaining like "why iotms so useless make new rayman with 2 blocks its great idea". They only going to add iotms with already existing effects from now on.
        Grow ID: codeaf
        Password: Codeisbro123*
        Level: 3/125
        Networth (for flex): 5wls
        Profit Method: Scam/Drop Game

IG: @codeaf_gt
        Link: https://www.instagram.com/codeaf_gt/
        Discord: codebro#7207
        (insert "r/im14andthisisdeep" quote here)

Comment

Heyyyaa guys! Its always a little risky when we add an item that has specific or special functionality, having said that it's not totally out of the question. Hope you guys understand!
          What's meant to be will always find a way!

Comment

• JROOFED
            JROOFED commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm how about add a very powerful nerf like if you make a magplant like iotm make it so that the remote can only reach the area that the magplant cover like the biglock or hl area thing like 10 block away from the magplant you can't use the remote anymore and the magplant can take in seed or block outside of that range

• Jedaki
            Jedaki commented
            Editing a comment
            Really? I recall others saying having IOTMs with unique/useful effects is a big no no.

• Ezekiel GT
            Ezekiel GT commented
            Editing a comment
            So what will you do with this overpowered rayman's fists? Make a nerfed version or freely make it rise out of control? Its already 80 dls

Ngl, the amount of times forumer have to tell the others, "yea there's going to be no more useful iotm" or "yea don't expect useful iotm" its just too many times now...

Like iotm DOES NOT have to be "useful" ffs you choose to buy it, if you WANT to BUY IT. I swear they should make it more as a policy for iotm now. Iotm could be purely cosmetic or not. What do people NOT understand.

Comment

Originally posted by hufflewitz View Post
            Heyyyaa guys! Its always a little risky when we add an item that has specific or special functionality, having said that it's not totally out of the question. Hope you guys understand!
            Honestly a poll would be great (with question “Do you want an IOTM with a function?”)
            this could be part of the October survey?
            IGN: Browg

Cool videos: https://youtu.be/ndWyXvHSR0M

Comment

Well, They will never release useful IOTM like past, now IOTM serves as cosmetics only, I saw on old thread that nekorei state that, but i couldn't find the thread

Comment

hufflewitz Or make new useful items but they dont have to be IOTM. They could be purchaseable from Locke or something
                IGN: Browg

Cool videos: https://youtu.be/ndWyXvHSR0M

Comment

its a smart desicion all those items shaped the game to the worse or better but they shouldnt be added again

Comment

Originally posted by Komando View Post
                    its a smart desicion all those items shaped the game to the worse or better but they shouldnt be added again
                    Yeah I think they decided to stop on those after how controversial rayman and magplant got. Good choice by them nonetheless
                    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

Hey!

Meanwhile I still think that way, I have to clear things up these were my opinions and wasn't an official statement. As we don't get told what items are going to be released earlier, I cannot tell IOTMs with similiar or exact functionalities like in the past will be released again or not. I'm sorry if it caused any confusion.

Comment

I hope there won't be any useful iotm like the past, releasing iotm functionalities like the past making gt economy unstable. So, it's a great decision from ubisoft team.

Comment

This has been known for months. This topic was commonly brought up on forums a whole bunch after those “useful” IOTMs released.
                          IGN: ShadowGraal
                          Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
                          Legendary Dragon+Bot Owner
                          Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Comment

How is the golden drone useful?
                            🏆 💐 Ali 💐 🏆

Comment

• Komando
                              Komando commented
                              Editing a comment
                              i was about to ask the same thing