[Merged] Thanksgiving Items nerf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merged] Thanksgiving Items nerf

You know, there are like 3 OP items this thanksgiving. One gives +%10 food quality and another gives a full 10% chance of bonus gems that can be stacked with lens of riches. Now, I'm calling for a nerf for the Sweet Potato Tots and the Sportsball jersey. Oh and the other gives 100% guaranteed fish.

1. Sweet Potato Tots can easily break the Cooking Conundrum daily challenge. Instead, reduce to around +2.5% food quality since +10% is really powerful for the people who do cooking, thus making it unfair for the others.
    2. American Sportsball Jersey can give a 10% chance of extra gem/s plus it can stack with Lens of Riches. Yes, it might benefit some people that farm because they can buy packs and sell. Tbh, it should be nerfed since 10% is powerful for a shirt item that grants extra gem/s. Bring it down to around 6% and make it non-stackable with the Lens of Riches.
    3. Thanksgiving Rod can guarantee you a fish and give you a chance for 25% bigger fish, which is most likely stackable with Mega Hooky Vest. It would be unfair to the people during the Fish Frenzy DC. Just like the HMC, make the Thanksgiving Rod only usable during the week of Thanksgiving.

Not trying to spark hatred or some sort of uprising. This is just my opinion.
    Last edited by GODAPOLLYON; 11-22-2020, 01:33 AM. Reason: Added 25% bigger fish info for Thanksgiving Rod
    IGN: Haphazardly (previously GodApollyon)
    I love reading, and I love myself

Click me:

According to solarex, sweet potato tots add 10% more for cook any food. Which is affect for spice, daily challenge, and cooking clash, mac n cheesetar, masterchef's oven.
    any spice like sugar, pepper, salt, etc will be useless. really 10% per food??? the daily challenge will be not chalenging anymore... now the quantity is worth more than quality. what is the point of making masterchef's oven then? The rare prize from the top 3 daily challenge itself if you can use cheap common consumable for similiar effects. it should be only 1% or even 0,5%. Now everyone can join the daily challenge even they have no cooking skill because of this. Nerf this.

The daily challenge should sort every player who has talent in his field.

The 4nalogy is why food price in the restaurant is more expensive than not in restaurant? because of the quality not the quantity
    Daily Challenge Possibilities : ‚Äč
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

Comment

• Warfreak10
      Warfreak10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Jack Bowe View Post
      It's definitely too over-powered as it is right now, shifts the entire meta for cooking - particularly for the daily challenge. Reducing the buff is a compromise, but it's still not ideal.

A nice alternative would be to make it offer you the same buff as a Replicator (chance for double food) for 30 minutes, while also stacking with the Replicator with this effect if you wish to choose to cook with it.
      im agree with this. If the effect is same like replicators it will be better than +10% in cooking. I believe the purpose of ubisoft adding this item is to cook growlectable and any expensive food easier. The only problem is why 10%? Masterchef's Oven has similiar effect and its not a consumable which you need more than 1 if you want to multi cook. With this food MCO will be useless and worthless or maybe become overpower since now you have like 20-22% guarantee.

• SmartWaffle
      SmartWaffle commented
      Editing a comment
      wow interesting mechanic. it'll make rayman+cooking a bit more viable which will be cool

• BigBootyLuigi
      BigBootyLuigi commented
      Editing a comment
      I think people need to remember that everything is not suppose to be easy. This item if it really is for helping with hard to make foods doesn't make them hard, or any at all due to the super big error margin now, it removes the timing skill of cooking.

So from the info I searched on forums, world info, wiki, and discord, there are 3 items that I think should get Rebalance / nerf.

1.Thanksgiving dinner Turkey Rod:This item's special effect is to get a 100% bonus item without junk items (jelly fish, perch, Shield fragment) and this item from the info I got from world fishparadise can still get it. Role drop (Aquamarine stone, ooze, mint) and has a grod-like effect (but I don't think so on this one):From the existing effects, this will damage the daily challenge system fish frenzy why because, for example, people use Thanksgiving dinner, Turkey Rod + shrimp + trawelfriend (reduce speed like lico Rod)+fish beer(If I'm not mistaken for this, you can stack the food effect by trawling)Can make someone easily get lb fish for a daily challenge and this might be a little unfair to users G Rod with candy cane bait as they will lose in lb number of odds.(From misthios has provided feedback suggestions for Rebalance on discord whether 2 / catch or not lowering the drop role is good:Source photo world fishparadise

2.Sweet potato tods:Increase the quality of all food by 10%:This is the same as the Thanksgiving dinner Turkey Rod, it can break the daily challenge system but in the daily challenge the cooking showdown / mutant kitchen because if you use this item + this item can be stacked With the exquisite quality of the finished rolling pin (12-13%) I will only think that it will make the master cook oven user for the daily challenge a little / feel disappointed because what is the point of using mco if this item has the same effect as the mco itself And almost everyone can use sweet potato tod and without skill can win daily challenges / make food easily(In one of the other forum threads about this item Jackbowe once said that it would be nice to change this item into a replicator effect (chance double food).Photo source: world growtocooking

3.American Sportball Jersey:Special effects for bonus gems such as Ancestral Rich / Arroz Con Pollo, the possibility that each block will get a bonus of 1 gems also like Arroz Con Pollo but permanent:Why is this item also broken / too op I have checked several people who commented on the unofficial / official growtopia discord server about this item and I also tried to find a Vidio test at YouTube and the conclusions I got from yt tests on this item(oqca gt)The video is in Indonesian so I just conclude that the trial level 5 Ances Rich vs Sportball Jersey (Level 5 Access Gems bonus gems about 33 times and Jersey gets bonus gems 36 times)And the worst thing is this item can be stacked with rich access, maybe it can be stacked with arroz con pollo / emerald lock too That can make the price of gems unstable and possibly decrease, especially in the near days/week there will be 2 event that make it easy for people to get gems (black Friday and cyber Monday):source test YouTube oqca yg(but is indo language)

Attached Files
    Quit for a whil because exam.active again when next clash/St Patrick event

Comment

• GrowPixel
      GrowPixel commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by RIDWANNSGT View Post
      So from the info I searched on forums, world info, wiki, and discord, there are 3 items that I think should get Rebalance / nerf.

1.Thanksgiving dinner Turkey Rod: Can make someone easily get lb fish for a daily challenge and this might be a little unfair to users G Rod with candy cane bait as they will lose in lb number of odds.(From misthios has provided feedback suggestions for Rebalance on discord whether 2 / catch or not lowering the drop role is good:Source photo world fishparadise
      Can't you sell Golden rod and candy cane baits to buy Thanksgiving Rod and shrimps?

Originally posted by GODAPOLLYON View Post
    You know, there are like 3 OP items this thanksgiving. One gives +%10 food quality and another gives a full 10% chance of bonus gems that can be stacked with lens of riches. Now, I'm calling for a nerf for the Sweet Potato Tots and the Sportsball jersey. Oh and the other gives 100% guaranteed fish.

1. Sweet Potato Tots can easily break the Cooking Conundrum daily challenge. Instead, reduce to around +2.5% food quality since +10% is really powerful for the people who do cooking, thus making it unfair for the others.
    2. American Sportsball Jersey can give a 10% chance of extra gem/s plus it can stack with Lens of Riches. Yes, it might benefit some people that farm because they can buy packs and sell. Tbh, it should be nerfed since 10% is powerful for a shirt item that grants extra gem/s. Bring it down to around 6% and make it non-stackable with the Lens of Riches.
    3. Thanksgiving Rod can guarantee you a fish and give you a chance for 25% bigger fish, which is most likely stackable with Mega Hooky Vest. It would be unfair to the people during the Fish Frenzy DC. Just like the HMC, make the Thanksgiving Rod only usable during the week of Thanksgiving.

Not trying to spark hatred or some sort of uprising. This is just my opinion.
    1. I agree with you, the +10% is too big reduce it to like 2-3%.
    2. 6% is still too much, its a lot better than ances, I think 2% is fair similar to BBH.
    3. It will ofcourse destroy DC scores, but I dont think it should be only available to be used during thanksgiving week. I think a good nerf would be 2 times bait or no role drops.
    IGN:kyleneo

Mag: 1/2
    Rayman: 0/1
    DLS: 70/100
    LVL: 62/125

Comment

Just wanted to clarify; the American Sportsball Jersey does not stack with the Lens of Riches (any level).

Comment

• jambanrusak
        jambanrusak commented
        Editing a comment
        GODAPOLLYON where. link website. or screenshot maybe. if just opinoin. i can say im part of moderator to. no one know hes lie or not anyway. so prove it.

• GODAPOLLYON
        GODAPOLLYON commented
        Editing a comment
        jambanrusak it's literally in the meet & greet page lol. you literally need to go to that subforum to prove my comment. finished. next time, please use your eyes instead of words

• QueenChloe
        QueenChloe commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually text Administrator is only proof what you need You can't get fake Admin in forums

Originally posted by ThePsyborg View Post
      Just wanted to clarify; the American Sportsball Jersey does not stack with the Lens of Riches (any level).
      Won't that still be op. You can't use lens because it doesn't stack, however you can use tesseract. So technically two ances.

Comment

That new rod actually made the fishing daily challenge finally fair. Stocking thousands of Candy Cane Baits was never fair, now making it depending on skill is very fair.
        Real woof-woof king.
        I own BUYUPGRADE
        (Upgrade your ancestrals/starship for cheap there).

Comment

• GrowPixel
          GrowPixel commented
          Editing a comment
          Fishing skill?

• Techy
          Techy commented
          Editing a comment
          There is still little to no mechanical skill to fishing - however, this did somewhat cut down the costs.

• LBForce_GT
          LBForce_GT commented
          Editing a comment
          By fishing skill I meant the ability to punch as soon as the water splashes, before it's too late. I know it's easy for most but it's fair.

They have added so much OP stuff recently... sigh

All of them should be balanced -> greatly nerfed
        honk
        insta: @limechickengt

Comment

Regarding the new Turkey Thanksgiving Fishing Rod:
          The change of meta is healthy and good for the game. I find that the new rod shifts the strategic meta for fishing (once was simply licorice + cancy cane bait, then goldenrod + ccb + trawlerman's fish). It's boring to do the same strategy for years on end, and it's an additional tool to the use for other things, such as role quests (which were difficult, just sometimes tediously long). Currently, Otherworldly Bait is the most efficient bait to use with the new rod for the Fishing Daily Challenge, followed by Shrimp and then Candy Cane Bait, the full list of average lb. per bait is as follows:
          Bait Fish avg lb.
          Worm 5.5
          Shiny 12.5
          Salmon 22.7
          Fly 44.5
          Shrimp 90.3
          Uranium 82.6
          M-Pellet 78.6
          Whizmo 62.9
          Candy 87.1
          Minor 10.5
          Lesser 50.5
          Other 100.5
          (this is a mean average regarding the bait's possible fish's and their max sizes)
          I don't find that the new rod is mostly detrimental to anything - perhaps to the economy of fish training, but the majority of the vanilla fish are already incredibly cheap and easy to buy in bulk. It also doesn't increase the size whatsoever, simply makes it only catch fish (like Catch-of-the-Day fishing). Trawlerman's Friend, Fish n' Chips and Angler's Almanac (role buff), Mega-Hooky vest, Guild Potion - Big Fish, do all affect it though. However, it seems that you cannot catch role drops whilst using it.

Players during Fishing Daily Challenge always won by stacking modifiers and top-tier baits to secure wins. This new rod will simply substitute the rod they previously used, but still, the top participants will all be doing the same thing, where the most common difference between them all will simply rely on what bait they are using.

If they were to nerf the rod itself, I'd suggest making it so that it doesn't affect special bait (i.e. Candy Cane Bait, Otherworldly Bait) so that it's an 'economically fairer' playing field. If they were to look at nerfing the baits themselves in regards to Fishing DC (or even clash), then they can healthily nerf the baits by adding more lower sized fishes (to weigh down the average) for Fishing DC and/or adding more non-fish items to the loot pool to weigh down the fish catch rate for Fishing Clash.

I am pretty disappointed that the new Turkey Fish cannot even be trained. I'd much prefer it - to reduce loose ends - if they were to finish making the remaining untrainable fishes trainable, or at least, when adding a new fish, make them trainable on release. Fish are already incredibly useless, especially ones that are regarded as 'special' (primarily CoTD fish) and cannot even be used for feeding. I presume the new rod was meant to be a reward from training the Turkey Fish, but they either scrapped that idea or decided that it needed a more costly recipe (even though a low chance reward would've been fine, especially since it's a limited-time CoTD fish... and when looking at Bandanged Narwhal being 20-40DLs and near-extinct...)
          37 World of the Days won.
          4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

• Olaf1234_gt
            Olaf1234_gt commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a very good change for the game, its really annoying for players trying to fish faster to complete quests but then it keeps giving us like what? 5-7 fishnet stockings straight? I wont be surprised if the price drops just like cursed rod since with a high demand many people will want to make it

I am only sharing my opinion about here, Okay.? About the American Jersey

I think, ye yes it is OP but its too Rare! And only available for Thanksgiving, I think it wouldn't affect Economy hardly as what Rayman did!

i know a player who broke 355 Organic Turkeys but got no Jersey! It is so Rare! Maybe there are only less than 100 in-game! It won't affect economy that much! Nothing will rise except the Jersey, Since its OP and Rare it will rise to 50DLs within 6 Months!
          IGN: GideonPogi
          YouTube: GideonPogi GT, Instagaram: GideonPogiGT
          Became A Growtopian Since May 13 2020
          Level: 63/125

I dont like Farming, if you see me farm, Than your unlucky

Comment

• GamingKyle
            GamingKyle commented
            Editing a comment
            It is definitely rare, but im more concerned about you not getting any jerseys. I know someone who opened one and got it. RNG isnt fair huh

• jambanrusak
            jambanrusak commented
            Editing a comment
            GamingKyle its gacha mate. u know mean of gacha..... nothing fair in gamble thing.

• LBForce_GT
            LBForce_GT commented
            Editing a comment
            It's the same effect as lvl 5 red ances, but not stackable with it. Lvl 5 ances is around 16-18 dls

In my opinion american jersey and bbh both doesnt stack example 5%+10% or 5%+2%. but both can be active 2x in the same time in 1 block (tested with bbh+tesseract) which can give me 2-3 block after i break 1 block and still give me gems/seed/ block (if 3)
          but i didnt see it yet if the americsn jersey and lens can do that too
          The conclusion is the % isnt stacked but it has different chance to active sometimes both can active in the same time.

sorry very baaad english
          List Of Dream

Got 1 BGL

Got Famous Without SB (imposibble)

Got Any Buy+ World For Free (inposibble)

Comment

Originally posted by RicoPoint View Post
            In my opinion american jersey and bbh both doesnt stack example 5%+10% or 5%+2%. but both can be active 2x in the same time in 1 block (tested with bbh+tesseract) which can give me 2-3 block after i break 1 block and still give me gems/seed/ block (if 3)
            but i didnt see it yet if the americsn jersey and lens can do that too
            The conclusion is the % isnt stacked but it has different chance to active sometimes both can active in the same time.

sorry very baaad english
            It doesnt stack with lens.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that the reason they make these "kinda" overpowered items is for gaining attention to thanksgiving event? Thanksgiving somewhat forgotten and not so popular since it doesn't have a rewarding items from doing that event. I mean, most of events have a "jackpot" or great rewards like summerfest have phoenix or neptune items or valentine have ghc and so on, while thanksgiving doesn't have these kind of rewards before

Comment

• jambanrusak
                jambanrusak commented
                Editing a comment
                yeahh. maybe. and make thanksgiving will be event what we waiting for just like valentine and summer fest.
            Working...
            X