Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday Boxes probably violating app store guidelines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Phyzz View Post
    Ubisoft going the Epic Games route
    Ubisoft gonna recreate the 1984 Apple Superbowl Commercial
    IGN: MadMewMew



    Discord: Gey phemus#6243
    IG: madmewmew_gt

    Comment


    • #17
      Watch this thread get deleted lol
      Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
      suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LURD View Post

        I'm not too sure but I think using the excuse it's a bonus does not work here. You are purchasing something for real money that has a loot box mechanic, that's not allowed according to the guidelines. I think ubisoft is going to get into some problem with this and will probably just remove the item once apple/google finds out.
        1 its not an excuse its just a bonus. a bonus is just something extra you get, your not buying the loot box, your buying the gems, which means it doesnt work in the way your saying. nothing is going to happen.
        Hi

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by yo56789 View Post

          1 its not an excuse its just a bonus. a bonus is just something extra you get, your not buying the loot box, your buying the gems, which means it doesnt work in the way your saying. nothing is going to happen.
          Doesn’t it sound very dumb if you can work around this guideline by just saying you get the loot box as a bonus? Example you buy 1 gem and get 10 loot boxes as a bonus.

          We will see if google play store or apple app store takes action.

          All we want is to know what the odds are

          Comment


          • #20
            I wonder if they knew about this or they knew that they would need to disclose odds so they made it as a bonus to avoid it

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ZepperQ View Post

              Doesn’t it sound very dumb if you can work around this guideline by just saying you get the loot box as a bonus? Example you buy 1 gem and get 10 loot boxes as a bonus.

              We will see if google play store or apple app store takes action.

              All we want is to know what the odds are
              there not working around it, they added this to an ALREADY existing in app purchase, there not going to take action on the dumbest report they have ever had, you dont need to know odds so stop complaining about such a useless thing
              Hi

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ZepperQ View Post
                I wonder if they knew about this or they knew that they would need to disclose odds so they made it as a bonus to avoid it
                1 - there not going to disclose the odds
                2 - they have read the guidelines many times adding this in is just something extra
                Hi

                Comment


                • #23
                  It doesn't violate guidelines cause it counts as an "extra bonus gift" when buying gems. Don't worry


                  Dzez

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think arguing about such thing that is already too late for getting a fix, is just unnecessary. We have to move on and not blame Ubisoft for releasing something without enough aperture.

                    Hope they don't do the same next year though, and hope you have a great day.
                    ixao

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It doesn't really violate anything. Its a bonus from purchasing gems and theres a small chance you can get it from coupons, and you can still buy the items you get from the boxes with world locks. Feel like the only ones complaining are those who can't buy the packs nor afford the items with world locks. Plus if its to support a game i love then let it be. I'm sure anyone who loves the game who can afford gems would happily purchase them.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by yo56789 View Post

                        there not working around it, they added this to an ALREADY existing in app purchase, there not going to take action on the dumbest report they have ever had, you dont need to know odds so stop complaining about such a useless thing
                        I hope that they are not intentionally working around this yes because that would look very bad. Let's say they didn't add the word bonus and it instead said. 290,000 gems and 8 black friday black boxes is that any different?

                        Where do you draw the line, if you could buy the boxes and only the boxes it would be violating the guidelines right?

                        Other games have no problem disclosing their odds, like brawl stars. They have offers with loot boxes but if they said that the loot boxes where just bonus would it not fall under this guideline?

                        Originally posted by yo56789 View Post

                        1 - there not going to disclose the odds
                        2 - they have read the guidelines many times adding this in is just something extra
                        1. I hope they will
                        2. But it says:
                        • Apps offering mechanisms to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase (i.e. "loot boxes") must clearly disclose the odds of receiving those items in advance of purchase.
                        on the Google Developer Program Policy

                        Couldn't we also argue that they don't offer an mechanism to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase because it isn't randomized during the purchase it's only randomized when you use it and that's after you bought it. Just sounds dumb doesn't it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Dzez View Post
                          It doesn't violate guidelines cause it counts as an "extra bonus gift" when buying gems. Don't worry
                          But even if it's just a bonus you still "receive randomized virtual items from a purchase". Which it says if they offer that they need to disclose odds.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ixao View Post
                            I think arguing about such thing that is already too late for getting a fix, is just unnecessary. We have to move on and not blame Ubisoft for releasing something without enough aperture.

                            Hope they don't do the same next year though, and hope you have a great day.
                            We can always hope they disclose them next year or the next time they add something like this they disclose the odds.

                            Best thing would be if they disclosed more odds like gbc and more.

                            Comment


                            • ixao
                              ixao commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I agree.

                              (10chars)

                          • #29
                            Originally posted by Edvoid20 View Post
                            It doesn't really violate anything. Its a bonus from purchasing gems and theres a small chance you can get it from coupons, and you can still buy the items you get from the boxes with world locks. Feel like the only ones complaining are those who can't buy the packs nor afford the items with world locks. Plus if its to support a game i love then let it be. I'm sure anyone who loves the game who can afford gems would happily purchase them.
                            So you're agreeing that it would violate it if you could buy the boxes separately? 1 Box For 2 Dollars or something like that.

                            App Store Review Guideline says apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase

                            and

                            Google Play Developer Program Policy says apps offering mechanisms to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase (i.e. "loot boxes")

                            both says if it comes from a purchase it has to disclose the odds, and that's how you can get the boxes it's from a purchase.

                            It also doesn't matter that you can get them in other ways as long as you can purchase them you need to disclose the odds.


                            Also I'm not complaining that you can purchase them through In App Purchase I just want them to disclose the odds.

                            Comment


                            • #30
                              Originally posted by ZepperQ View Post

                              I hope that they are not intentionally working around this yes because that would look very bad. Let's say they didn't add the word bonus and it instead said. 290,000 gems and 8 black friday black boxes is that any different?

                              Where do you draw the line, if you could buy the boxes and only the boxes it would be violating the guidelines right?

                              Other games have no problem disclosing their odds, like brawl stars. They have offers with loot boxes but if they said that the loot boxes where just bonus would it not fall under this guideline?



                              1. I hope they will
                              2. But it says:
                              • Apps offering mechanisms to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase (i.e. "loot boxes") must clearly disclose the odds of receiving those items in advance of purchase.
                              on the Google Developer Program Policy

                              Couldn't we also argue that they don't offer an mechanism to receive randomized virtual items from a purchase because it isn't randomized during the purchase it's only randomized when you use it and that's after you bought it. Just sounds dumb doesn't it?
                              1. there never going to so stop complaining
                              2. the thing you stated about them having to disclose odds IS IF THEY ARE SOLD BY THEMSELVES in this case they are a bonus and they are not trying to bypass
                              3. comparing growtopia to brawl stars doesnt work, growtopia has an economy brawl stars doesnt.
                              4. stop being stubborn and accept that it doesnt break any guildline
                              Hi

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X