Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The addition of the Black Friday Box is terrible and shameful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post

Most of young ppl think that adults work for free and games need no money for servers, workers, offices, electricity and who knows what else. They also forget that if there is no money to run this game, this game will shut down servers. In kids world, money doesn't play big part of anything. Later they will learn that money runs the world and nothing is free. But meanwhile, we can't blame them. It is not kids job to stress about the money issues.
    When I was a kid, money was all I cared about and I would work so hard to get that and that’s not when I became a teenager, it’s when I was just 8, some kids might think that it needs no money but I think the majority of kids aren’t stupid and actually know how money works and I’ve seen kids not even past the age of 10 know how much money is worth and get the whole concept.

Comment

• QueenChloe
      QueenChloe commented
      Editing a comment
      Then how u explain that growtopians complain about every single update what has anything to do with money? If they understand that gt needs money to continue running.. they think they understand that nothing is free but in reality they assume that gt can be here without any money.

• LURD
      LURD commented
      Editing a comment
      QueenChloe there is a difference between 10% of players complaining for every update and 50% complaining because one update is really bad, which is the case here

• QueenChloe
      QueenChloe commented
      Editing a comment
      where exactly u see 50% of forumers complaining? i see maybe 5-20max and i think that we have over 40 forumers right?

For the person who commented abt gbc, gbc can be first of all can be traded. Second, it can be earned through gems (in game, hard work). This box, however, requires you to buy thousands or millions of coupons, in order to have a smallllll chance to obtain the box. That or you buy gems for irl money and have a guaranteed 1-2 boxes. Which one will you choose if you were desperate to get one?

This may be a way for ubisoft to earn money, but is it ethical to do so? Preying on 8-10 yr old kids who have, first of all, no concept of money, and secondly, are very impulsive. I agree with LURD that this method of earning money is very shameful
    IGN: Fallen1GT

Quit on the 13th December 2020! Will still be active on Forums thou.

Comment

I must says that this is the worst event ever for all year..

Comment

• myLocation
        myLocation commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, this is the main reason i won't join black friday or maybe other events that needs to pay

Small bump
      LURD

Comment

I really hate what happened to Black Friday in this game. Based on the western culture, The Purpose of Black Friday and Cyber Monday is for Huge Discounts and Sales. But this game flipped the tradition, by NOT PUTTING DISCOUNT! They only put a bonus instead of a discount on the IAP! How ridiculous it is, very far from the tradition + ADDING ANOTHER GAMBLING METHOD which makes the players burst their outrage! PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME FUN AND ENJOYABLE INSTEAD OF PLAYER FOCUSING ON BEING RICH! Back then player used to create FUN and ENJOYABLE world like parkours, trivia, story, mini game hosting world (like race and dice game). NOW ITS JUST BEING RICH!

Comment

With the rise of “gacha” games I would not even consider growtopia loot boxes as gambling. and now, almost all new content of growtopia is RNG or gambling if you would like to consider it as such. So personally im not even shocked
          Although i still find it a bad move for Ubisoft since its RNG. But hey they need moneeeeeeeey
          Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

No, its not shameful at all. I'd much rather they make more money through IAP so they can use it to help increase the state of quality of the game. This game is EXTREMELY f2p friendly, more than any other mmo you will really ever find (trust me, ive played a lot of them.).

I know of many games where people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on them, and its never been seen as super crazy by most. I'm honestly amazed at how little iap growtopia actually has.
            IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

Originally posted by NekoRei
            Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Comment

• Fallen1
              Fallen1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well...gt servers are still a potato

It's fine, like Noodle said this game is super F2P friendly, you could never touch IAPs and be fine. Black Blocks just give reskins that are tradable, if anything it's just a bonus to the gems already and complaing about the black boxs is like complaining about road to glory.

The only time anyone SHOULD complain about IAPs is when it gives a MASSIVE advantage over the game. Things like Subs that give tiny amounts of gems and an EXP buff don't count, I'm talking if they sold Rayman for $30, that's when it would be greedy.

Besides they need a way to make IAPS more worth it anyways considering how easy it is to get gems now and days.

Comment

I mean its to attach smth more because spending money on the game is kinda worthless. And thus it need some love
              Originally posted by Yasuo
              *Hasagi*
              Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
              *Soryegadon*

Comment

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
                It's fine, like Noodle said this game is super F2P friendly, you could never touch IAPs and be fine. Black Blocks just give reskins that are tradable, if anything it's just a bonus to the gems already and complaing about the black boxs is like complaining about road to glory.

The only time anyone SHOULD complain about IAPs is when it gives a MASSIVE advantage over the game. Things like Subs that give tiny amounts of gems and an EXP buff don't count, I'm talking if they sold Rayman for $30, that's when it would be greedy.

Besides they need a way to make IAPS more worth it anyways considering how easy it is to get gems now and days.
                To be honest they should have made black boxes be similiar to GHC where you need 1-10 black boxes + orginial item + something more to create the black reskin of items. That would remove the gambling, keep the original items useful and keep them as a nice bonus
                LURD

Comment

Working...
                X