Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FEEDBACK] - Gem Bounty Pack - How Will it Effect the Economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FEEDBACK] - Gem Bounty Pack - How Will it Effect the Economy?

Hey - The new "Gem Bounty" pack is a huge bargin. However, I have multiple problems with it. To Begin:

Gem Inflation:

Okay, to begin~ I know Ubisoft is trying really hard to combat gem inflation, however, ever since they have released the second variant of the Holiday Bundle and the new "Gem Bounty" packs, I feel they are just taking steps backwards from the goal they are trying to complete. Personally, I don't agree with the new packs, because for the price they are now at, it opens the doors for a handful of people to pick it up in the shop and use those gems for whatever they want.

How it Effects the Economy:

As I said before, for their price, it opens doors for a good chunk of the community to pick up the pack. Therefore, a lot of people will have access to 900,000 gems, as well as 3 megaphones. Firstly, megaphones sell for an average total of 29 world locks. That alone is 87 world locks. Then, you can purchase 450 world locks pure with those 900,000 gems. Now, most people will opt for other ways to claim these world locks, as there are better ways to spend your gems than just buying pure world locks with gems. So, if you were to use the easy way, that's an easy 537 World Locks. Not only that, but they (as far as I am aware) can buy it as many times as they want, which brings me to my next and final point.

How They Can Balance it Out:

In my opinion, a good way Ubisoft can balance this out, without making it loose it's value, they should:

Make it similar to how the Holiday Bundle worked - In my opinion, I believe that they should make it more similar to the Holiday Bundle. They should try to make it so that it's only available for X amount of days. However, for the people that can't afford it now, maybe it should come out on the first of every month, so people can purchase the new IOTM.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you in game some time. Happy New Years!

Edit: Someone brought up that this pack is just the same as buying It's Rainin' Gems 3 times, except you just get 30k more gems. The post makes no sense now and I don't know how I didn't realize this sooner. I wrote it like 20 minutes after I woke up so I guess that explains it.
    Last edited by Yettii; 01-03-2021, 07:32 PM.

I dont know what u All think but, here How I Feel about this New Gem Pack 30Dollar 900k
    First 900k gem it alot work for real farmer breaking Night and day maybe week or month depending on how much u farm.
    When I First play growtopia I enjoy the game because I put in hard work and I earn at award, and when u look at now
    a new player all they need to do it pay 100dollar and will gain 3million and if they lucky on valentine and gain 1 ghc then they earn 200dl
    without putting in any effort, to really enjoy farming or doing anything to gain the item. So what the point of working hard in growtopia and just throw in
    money to gain, u not just losing the fun.. but at the same time when something are to easy to get then the fun it no longer there. Do u at a old player like these type of change ubisoft make? Maybe it time we all commented at community about these type issue .

Comment

• Ohlid
      Ohlid commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not like this is a new possibility. One can pay their way into a lot to skip years of grinding. Winning a WOTD can cost less than a diamond lock and yield fifty times that in rewards.

• Komando
      Komando commented
      Editing a comment
      you shouldn't do old school farming unless you're a newbie if you been playing for years and has yet to pass that level that is something wrong with you

• Lilprof
      Lilprof commented
      Editing a comment
      Paying for gems to get dls isn't something new tbh. You could do the same thing long time ago since they released all those packs. The difference is just that with this new pack you get 30k more gems and 3 megaphone along with some growtokens if I'm wrong.

——————————————————————————
    Hello Growtopians ! I hope you had a great holidays and a great New Years !

The issue I will bring up today is regarding the latest gem pack added into Growtopia Gem Bounty Pack. I will be using Euro currency while talking about the costs of packs in this post.
    As many of you are currently aware the January Update is now live and with it comes this new gem pack & the news that future IOTM’s will cost 350,000 gems. This news has been somewhat divisive among players for a number of reasons but today I will be talking about one issue in particular, the cost and comparison of the Road To Glory Pack & Gem Bounty Pack.

Before I delve into the issue I want to raise, let me state the cost of each pack & what they contain.
    Road To Glory Pack:

Cost: €27.99

1.6 Million Gems
    [Unlock gems that you can claim once you reach a specific xp level, lvl 1, lvl 10, lvl 20, lvl 30, lvl 40, lvl 50, any levels higher than level 50 will not grant gems as of January 2nd 2021]

A list of the corresponding xp lvl and gem rewards:

- Level 10 = 100,000 Gems
    - Level 20 = 200,000 Gems
    - Level 30 = 300,000 Gems
    - Level 40 = 400,000 Gems
    - Level 50 = 500,000 Gems

A further 100,000 gems as obtained when first purchasing the pack without level restrictions.
    ​​​​​​​Gem Bounty Pack:

​​​​​​
    Cost: €32.99

900,000 Gems
    6 Growtokens
    3 Megaphones

The issue I would like to raise is the price & value of both of these packs, the Gem Bounty Pack contains 700,000 gems less than the Road To Glory Pack but yet costs €5 more than the Road To Glory Pack. I understand that the Gem Bounty Pack contains Growtokens x 6 & Megaphones x 3 but I would not value these items as being more costly than 700,000 gems and costing an additional €5.

I’m also aware that you can only buy the Road To Glory back once per account but if you multiple accounts that are over level 50 this pack still holds greater value at a cheaper price compared to the Gem Bounty Pack.

I feel as though these packs aren’t balanced due to the addition of the Gem Bounty Pack into the game, in my own opinion I think Gem Packs as a whole could do with a rework but I do not posses the experience or knowledge in to remotely suggest or present a rework. I’m interested to hear everyone else’s opinions on the matter of this issue and the Growtopia IAP system in general, thank you for taking time out from your day to read my thread.

-Taxman
    Last edited by Taxman; 01-02-2021, 01:52 PM. Reason: I forgot it’s 2021 /fp
    News Co-Owner
    Instagram: taxmangt

”Time wounds all heels” - John Lennon

Comment

• Mr. Nobody
      Mr. Nobody commented
      Editing a comment
      I thinks that the main point of RTG, its slightly cheaper but you need to lvl up before receiving gems
      or you can think of the normal gem packs having a premium fee where you receive the gems instantly

• Corrects
      Corrects commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
      I thinks that the main point of RTG, its slightly cheaper but you need to lvl up before receiving gems
      or you can think of the normal gem packs having a premium fee where you receive the gems instantly
      RTG is also a one time purchase

• Jedaki
      Jedaki commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
      You don't receive the gems instantly if you're level 50?

Hi guys

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why they needed to add the new Gem Bounty pack!

From my perspective one of the core problems of this game is inflation. It‘s like nowadays you‘re expected to have a couple of dls to be a normal „middleclass“ player and the way it is adressed just does not makes sense to me.

I mean, increasing the price of the iotm makes kinda sense but then why offer the new bounty pack of gems?? Especially at this price! Increasing prices but then increasing the influx of gems does not contribute to a solution. Instead it just widens the gap between rich and poor. Also there is no conpensation for the farmers, as I didn‘t notice a proportional increment of the amount of gems droppping from farmables.

In my opinion the focus should be on trying to stabilize things by creating more opportunities to spend for the ones with greater assets without it turning into straight profit again,. And eventhough it has been tried in the past I do not think that it was enough.

So this was my opinion on the whole thing and I‘m curious the read what you guys think of it.

Greetings
    blitzeis

Note: This is a subjective opinion. In no way do I mean to offend anybody nor do I think that I have enough knowledge to express any kind of valuable statement. I could be proven wrong in any point that I expressed.
    Last edited by blitzeis; 01-02-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Gideonpogi23
      Gideonpogi23 commented
      Editing a comment
      NGL But Its Raining Gems worths more than the Bounty gem ..

• blitzeis
      blitzeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by WorldBreaker View Post
      why do they need to increase the amount of gems from farmable? we have enough farmables, lgrids,chands,magicbells that give out tremendous amount of gems. Like i said an autofarmer/an avid farmer can get up to 200k gems per day and if u even use rayman and auto farm with multiple bots we are talking about millions of gems per day from a single player.
      Second the pack, it would not even hurt you. If you cant buy it, ignore it. It is just another source/way for ubisoft to generate $.
      I totally get your point.

My thoughts were that with the new iotm prices an „honest“ farmer who can‘t/won‘t buy gems with real money is not able to get that many gems. I just don‘t think it‘s fair, that the price with real money stays about the same while for those kind of farmers it‘s rediculously high. The goal should be to stop those autofarming guys.

That being said I‘m not against the developers trying to get more money, after all the supply us with this game and put much effort into it.

• ChuanmingXD
      ChuanmingXD commented
      Editing a comment
      To break it down to you...

It's Rainin Gems - USD 10
      290,000 Gems
      1 Megaphone
      2 Growtokens

Gem Bounty - USD 30
      900,000 Gems
      3 Megaphones
      6 Growtokens

Road to glory - USD 25
      1,600,000 Gems

Now Lets convert it to WLS value
      Asumming,

1K gems/ 1 wl
      Megaphone 30 wls
      (Growtoken will be undefined)

Its Raining Gems 290,000/1000= 290 wls Gem Bounty 900,000/1000=900 wls Road to Glory 1,600,000/1000=1600wls
      Megaphone= 30 wls Megaphone = 30x3= 90 wls N/A
      320 wls/10 usd 990 wls/30 usd 1600wls/25
      32 wls/1 usd 33 wls/1usd 64 wls/usd

Conclusion: Just get the road to glory

No offense, but this post is literally so useless.

Buying Raining Gems pack 3 times will give you the same amount of everything (except 30k gems, but who cares).
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Comment

05571 commented
      Editing a comment
      If there's no difference then why did they add it?

they did the right move by the new pack gem inflation causes wl inflation and wl inflation = cheaper dls gets sold illegally and that means less people buying iap and obviously they dont want that they should rise everything in the store by 2x including world lock

Comment

who said ubisoft trying really hard to combat gem inflation?
      Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
        who said ubisoft trying really hard to combat gem inflation?
        Staff on their discord, as well as multiple times on the forums. You could find them talking about it if you scroll on the announcments tab. Also JackBowe brought it up on discord and talked about ubisoft and gem inflation

Comment

Originally posted by CzeGamer View Post
          No offense, but this post is literally so useless.

Buying Raining Gems pack 3 times will give you the same amount of everything (except 30k gems, but who cares).
          oh true you're right.. I don't know how I didn't realize this sooner. Why would they add this then? It makes 0 sense. I mean, you get like 30k more gems but.. I dunno, it makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Yettii View Post

oh true you're right.. I don't know how I didn't realize this sooner. Why would they add this then? It makes 0 sense. I mean, you get like 30k more gems but.. I dunno, it makes no sense.
            They wouldnt have added it if it wont work, they orobably tested these kinds of packs in other games and saw that it work or sum, idk

Comment

Originally posted by Knocha View Post

They wouldnt have added it if it wont work, they orobably tested these kinds of packs in other games and saw that it work or sum, idk
              My best guess is that people will look at it the same way I did. It makes it look like it's so much more worth your money, when in reality you're just getting the same thing.

Comment

just let ubi make money. who cares if the economy crashes lmao

Comment

Working...
                X