Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be ok with nerfing mags/changing them for the greater good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be ok with nerfing mags/changing them for the greater good?

So one thing no one likes is bots. And auto farmers are one of them. These one's mainly only coming now due to mags + it's variants. I doubt you could make a sense to combat these things without hurting players who farm normally. I've seen people say we should do this, and not, so I wanted to see how many actually think we should.

So the question:

Would you be ok with mags + it's variants being removed/super nerfed so autofarming stops?
    Remove/Changes Mags!
    25.32%
    Keep everything as is and work around it!
    74.68%

For me being a person whose dream is starting BFGs, well it's going to ruin it all for me. I just got my first magplant but I can't even make the BFGs because of the gaia beacon being unlocked (which I think is pretty embarrasing for the game that it is taking so long and still they release a new gem pack?). Because I just invested all my riches into BFGs I now don't have anything to do which makes me not play the game because it's boring. I have played this game for more than five years now and how I view the game, making the magplant not have its powers will both ruin the economy for some people and I actually think the corrupt capitalism in this game will increase. So no, I don't want the maplant's pros to be taken away. Finally in my five years of playing I can now have a method of earning wls that is actually going to get me actual good profit. I'm really tired of feeling so unstable with the prices when I'm playing this game. If I log off for a month then when I come back my items will be half the price. Maybe I went a litte off topic but I just felt that I had so much to say considering these last few days in the game have been the most boring in my five years of playing growtopia, and that's also becuase of the rollback that took away so much process and I have still not gotten a real appology from the game yet.

Comment

The way I view it is that it's like vends. The problem was that it should never have been introduced, or it should have been nerfed at the start of when it was introduced. It was a nice concept at view but when applied it turned out completely differently. I believe it's so late now that removing or nerfing them would cause chaos in the community because there are so many new players who are not used to the old methods. Also, people would complain about losing their diamond locks. That's why it's so important to change things quickly.
      New to the Growtopia Forums? Check out Growtopia Forums for Newbies

Have you started Growtopia recently? Check out Growtopia for Newbies

Comment

The better solution is for gt to detect these apps, nerfing the mags will result a riot

Comment

As much as I would like this to happen, I’m afraid it is too late for that. If they put major nerfs to Magplants, they should have done it before it even went over 2 DLS. Do it now and you’ll see just how much people (especially BFG owners) would quit GT which I’m pretty sure is something Ubisoft wouldn’t want to happen.

Comment

No, bad idea. I rather changing the gems/seeds drop mechanics than changing magplant

Comment

It's too late for a nerf. A nerf now will cause magplant to drop so much and many bfg owner will lose tons of wls. Other than that it will also change the way newbie get wls, since nerfing or removing magplant will kill bfg.

Comment

I don't own a magplant, but i highly disagree. it's too late for them for a change as magplants has stuck with the economy for ages, as well as bfg which has been there for players for ages.
                IGN: VINNNNNNNNNNZ

Comment

• Lilprof
                  Lilprof commented
                  Editing a comment
                  2900 post congrats lol

To those saying do not change and work around, i getcha, it is far too late to change. So that begs the question, how do we work around autofarmers? You can't really touch the tools they use. And good points were brought up about gem store pack price increases, which may only benefit them more.

So what would be the solution?

Comment

• Tuesstar
                  Tuesstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  *insert my previous idea here*

• JROOFED
                  JROOFED commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In skippable human verification

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
                To those saying do not change and work around, i getcha, it is far too late to change. So that begs the question, how do we work around autofarmers? You can't really touch the tools they use. And good points were brought up about gem store pack price increases, which may only benefit them more.

So what would be the solution?
                There won't be anything that can be effective and reliable, take csn for example. Do this and they find a loophole, etc etc

The problems isn't mags, It't the players
                IGN: Ricklyne

Bring back 2015 GT pls

But holy sheet Ubisoft sure is making effort for this game in 2020

I take it back

Comment

Originally posted by Lilprof View Post
                It's too late for a nerf. A nerf now will cause magplant to drop so much and many bfg owner will lose tons of wls. Other than that it will also change the way newbie get wls, since nerfing or removing magplant will kill bfg.
                I agree with your statement that bfg owners will lose wls, I myself own two mags. However, I don't think how newbies gain wls is something we should talk about here. Before BFGs were a thing new players were still able to get their wls through various methods.
                IGN:kyleneo

Mag: 1/2
                Rayman: 0/1
                DLS: 70/100
                LVL: 62/125

Comment

I want it nerf but i dont want it gone. here is my suggestion: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nerf-magplants
                  Just someone who likes to play mmorpg

Level: 91
                  Acc hrs: 1.2k
                  Acc age: 90 days
                  Target dls: 45/100
                  Item to acquire: Idk yet? But I want a cool wing or cape
                  Suggestions for Paw:
                  Practice Bots
                  Epic Quests: 1

Comment

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
                    So one thing no one likes is bots. And auto farmers are one of them. These one's mainly only coming now due to mags + it's variants. I doubt you could make a sense to combat these things without hurting players who farm normally. I've seen people say we should do this, and not, so I wanted to see how many actually think we should.

So the question:

Would you be ok with mags + it's variants being removed/super nerfed so autofarming stops?
                    I think it's a big NO NO. Even though it caused inflation, it shouldn't be changed or nerfed. I know that only people who don't have Magplant would only agree to this, the other who don't have it won't agree. Changing or nerfing it would caused a panic selling which may cause the game to crash. The best way is to detect the program (logging out from the game if macros are detected), though it's not easy, but a company like Ubisoft should have big power to do that.

Comment

• BigBootyLuigi
                      BigBootyLuigi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There is easy ways to get around anti-cheats. Look at Valve, at much bigger company with still a bad anti-cheat resulting in tons of bots in their game TF2

• WorldBreaker
                      WorldBreaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have magplant and I agree. But the thing is it shouldnt be a hard nerf. they just need to limit the amount of users that can use the remote. I have seen during harvest fest that people only use one magplant and they have atleast 50+ renters which make it an OP item and helps on farmable inflation.

*Imma keep copy paste and post this idea for this kind of thread until implemented, I got bashed by forumers, Flagged as spam, or I got banned from forum*

Solution to reduce autofarmers (and possibly the gems and market inflation): change gems/seeds drop mechanics

When you do manual breaking, you can't get seeds or blocks if there's something on that tile, but with mags you still can get them, which is kinda break the rule of farming. In that case, make the same mechanics applies to mags so people can't get seeds/blocks if they break on the same tile (like bfg or autoclick does). It still auto collect seeds and blocks if the tile was completely empty from any floating items like gems/seeds/blocks, but if there's something floating on that tile, seeds/blocks will fail to spawn and mags can't take them.

This will only kill 3-blocks style bfg and autoclickers, but not the mags itself. Mags and other machines will function normally if you break with 10 box world method or similar, which you need to move around to break instead stay in one place. Also, mags will not losing its value because it applies to UT and gaia as well.

Keep in mind that this idea would still flawed and won't 100% remove autoclickers, but I think this is one of the only possible solution without making too much damage to economy.

Comment

Auto-farmers could realistically still farm without Magplants, albeit at a very reduced efficacy. Changing it would probably do more harm than good at this point due to the economy’s reliance on it.
                      Originally posted by tson
                      *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                      Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                      The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Working...
                      X