Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GT be sued for not providing Gacha/Loot boxes prize drop percentage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can GT be sued for not providing Gacha/Loot boxes prize drop percentage?

Recently GT has been going towards a heavy gacha side of life, almost ALL event having to rely on luck to get the actual expensive item

This got me thinking, Games that has the title "Gacha games" can be sued for not providing an actual percentage for the prize pool. Assuming Growtopia isn't technically a gacha game BUT all of the event is Gacha based.

Just a question and asking all of you forumers opinion, should they provide us an actual percentage of the prizes, or just let it be the way it is.

also fk all the gacha mechanic I have no luck since i was born
    IGN: Ricklyne

Bring back 2015 GT pls

But holy sheet Ubisoft sure is making effort for this game in 2020

I take it back

I recall a thread being opened about this but eventually nothing happened

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• Noobified
      Noobified commented
      Editing a comment
      toxic pepper dude kept begging for chances

I believe it depends on the country. Given the fact growtopia isnt famous, i doubt they will sue it. The cost to sue might be higher than the fine they will receiving.
    if its about the app store, if i remember correctly, if its IAP the chances should be revealed. If its not IAP, they aren't required to state it. Also, violation of this rule means removal from the app store, and nothing sort of fines.
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

I can see how revealing probability percentages could backfire though.

Let's say someone broke enough Golden Booty Chest for them to should have gotten a Golden Heart Crystal, but not getting one after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Moi View Post
        I can see how revealing probability percentages could backfire though.

Let's say someone broke enough Golden Booty Chest for them to should have gotten a Golden Heart Crystal, but not getting one after all.
        That's not how chances work though, not really their problem.

Reason they aren't releasing percentages is that sales would go down as people would find out the gambling isn't worth it. (GHC is estimated to be around 1 in 100k golden booty chests, which would make it a large loss on average)
        LURD

Comment

• ChuanmingXD
          ChuanmingXD commented
          Editing a comment
          IMO honesty will lead MORE player to buy the gacha boxes since there's a chance to reference it to, instead of blind luck of "oOH BoxEs oPeN GhC WHeN"

Originally posted by ChuanmingXD View Post
        Recently GT has been going towards a heavy gacha side of life, almost ALL event having to rely on luck to get the actual expensive item

This got me thinking, Games that has the title "Gacha games" can be sued for not providing an actual percentage for the prize pool. Assuming Growtopia isn't technically a gacha game BUT all of the event is Gacha based.

Just a question and asking all of you forumers opinion, should they provide us an actual percentage of the prizes, or just let it be the way it is.

also fk all the gacha mechanic I have no luck since i was born
        While many things in the game are RNG based, they aren't really Gacha like. Unlike actual Gacha games, this game only has one primary currency, while you can buy said currency, it isn't necessary if you put the time into the game, that's where they can't be required to give us the rates. Now if the game required us to pay actual money to get a chance to acquire an item which is unobtainable any other way, then they'd be required to give us the rates.
        IGN: Lekard
        Level: 124

Comment

• ChuanmingXD
          ChuanmingXD commented
          Editing a comment
          Gacha games are video games that implement the gacha (toy vending machine) mechanic. This is somewhat similar to loot boxes, inducing players to spend in-game currency to receive a random virtual item. Most of these games are free-to-play mobile games, where the gacha serves as an incentive to spend real-world money.[1][2]

Source: Wiki

So yes this is technically called a gacha game/mechanic

• iDruid
          iDruid commented
          Editing a comment
          The main problem here is that it doesn't incentivise you to buy them though, the main difference with Growtopia and many of the actual Gacha games out there.

For instance, lets look at a fairly new Gacha game out right now, Genshin Impact:

- Genshin Impact uses Primogems as the premium currency, which if you play daily you can earn up to 60 (not including events that provide Primogems after completing specific tasks), now you can either buy a single pull which is 160 Primogems (which requires you to play 3 days to earn them in game), but if you want to to get a guaranteed 4-Star or higher, you can pay 1,600 Primogems (which heavily incentivises you to spend more Primogems, but which will also require you to play a total of 27 days).

- And with every need update, there are new characters and weapons introduced which are only obtainable through it's Gacha system, they will evidently release a banner which gives you a chance to obtain one of these new characters or weapons, and they will plaster the new character/weapon on the banner (further incentivising people to buy more of it)

- And then there's the system that gives another "sort of premium" currency you obtain after spending Primogems on a banner, which you use in Paimon's Bargains which is called Masterless Starglitter and Masterless Stardust, which you can use to buy Intertwined/Acquaint Fate (which can be used on the banners as well with Primogems), ascension materials, Mora (the games regular currency), or a monthly rotation of characters and weapons.

Now with Growtopia, there is nothing like that, while the items you can acquire through certain things that have RNG implemented into it, most of them don't require you to pay with the games primary currency which is Gems, and not to mention while you know what you can get from them, you don't necessarily see what you can get from them before opening/breaking them. It should also be pointed out that there is no incentive to spend real money on this game either as it's primary currency is easily obtainable (some people might think otherwise, but that's really just their opinion). While you might also think that because with the Growtokens and Megaphone bonuses to some of the Gem purchases further incentivises it, while it does to some, most people aren't as you can earn up to the same amount of Growtokens in a day, and Megaphones aren't at all necessary as you can spend Gems to broadcast.

So, while the system might be comparable to a Gacha sytem, it isn't close enough to it as there is not much incentive as an actual Gacha game has.

Any online gambling is highly illegal in my current country, so if they added any form of lootboxes for IAP again, this is an easy report to the local authorities.

Comment

• Vale0203
          Vale0203 commented
          Editing a comment
          Black boxes were like that, but I was in living in another country at the time

• Crunchyy
          Crunchyy commented
          Editing a comment
          StellyGT they can also drop from the cashbacks with like a 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% chance, prob how they evaded the rules

• StellyGT
          StellyGT commented
          Editing a comment
          Crunchyy That is so trashy...

Originally posted by LURD View Post

That's not how chances work though, not really their problem.

Reason they aren't releasing percentages is that sales would go down as people would find out the gambling isn't worth it. (GHC is estimated to be around 1 in 100k golden booty chests, which would make it a large loss on average)
        You make a fair point there, people may just sought to buy the item itself rather than to earn it through legalized "gambling" (as per your words).

Comment

I would sue them for 100000000 bgls
          Arguing with a fool proves there are two

Comment

I'm no lawyer or anything, but I do know that places have cracked down on loot boxes/gachas. Big game companies have been hit with fees because of these laws in certain places. All I know is that Belgium and China have outlawed loot boxes from some big game companies.
            IGN: ShadowGraal
            Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
            Legendary Dragon+Bot Owner
            Owner of BuyEvilBricks
            Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Comment

They turned most of the special event into luck based event. Halloween for example.
              Ign/GrowID: Artlos
              Just be yourself don't try to be others
              And don't give up to reach your dream.

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Comment

• Justforthis
                Justforthis commented
                Editing a comment
                halloween been luck based since it was created

• ArtloS
                ArtloS commented
                Editing a comment
                Justforthis The item itself is not really expensive like the Dark King's Offering. And there were other item such as devil wings which you can get by sacrificing 4 angel wings (totally not a luck based item)

BRB about to sue mojang and microsoft for not telling me the drop rates of ender pearls

Comment

• JimIzPro
                JimIzPro commented
                Editing a comment
                https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Bartering

but

• LURD
                LURD commented
                Editing a comment
                As Minecraft's source code is open, these rates are actually public. Plus the problem is with purchasing something for real money and then gambling ti get an item. I agree that for most things it's not a real loot box. But the black friday boxes actually were.

• JimIzPro
                JimIzPro commented
                Editing a comment
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No you can't really cash out plus its just a bonus gift when buying gems

Comment

I am all fine with all the gacha boxes that could be bought using gems, it's all good since it's technically free.

But stuffs like the Surgery Gacha and World lock Gacha, Black friday boxes is litterally bought using real money, at least they should specify the chances of big stuffs like those?

They could provide the chances for FINALEPARKOUR but why not those?
                IGN: Ricklyne

Bring back 2015 GT pls

But holy sheet Ubisoft sure is making effort for this game in 2020

I take it back

Comment

• BigBootyLuigi
                  BigBootyLuigi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Black Friday yea. But the other 2 boxes you get for free through a 10 second ad

• JimIzPro
                  JimIzPro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Black friday boxes is a bonus gift from in-app purchases tho, you're not buying the black friday boxes itself

they can in the Netherlands I think (not sure, but probably yes) because now thats lootboxes

Comment

Working...
                X