Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetence in removing duped items

​​​​​​

At the time I'm posting this thread, BUYGHC has 10 GDS ( GOLDEN dragon Statue, 14 - 20 BGL) and 20 PWINGS (6-9 BGL) sellers..
    ​​​ ​​​​​​For reference, GDS is so rare, only 12 are obtained every year​​​​​​, and its used up immediately for Dragon Knight Wings Legendary quest.

These are NOT COMMON items , these are extremely rare.
    The fact that these DUPED items, being THIS Expensive, are breaking out in the game ,
    will do nothing BUT harm to economy.

Let's face it now , how do people who dedicate and spend thousands of hours to get their items and wealth legally, fairly.. how do they feel when they see someone breaking though with a dupe item, and GETTING TO KEEP IT ​​​​​​..

This following paragraph has been quoted :

" This amount of resurfaced duplicated items means that their methods of catching duplicated items are extremely ineffective and shows that they are not competent in dealing with these kinds of issues "

I find this true. They locked gaia and ut for 2 weeks, before offering the 80% more gems IAP deal , to encourage purchases, WHILE HAVING gaia and ut locked. After the end of the IAP gem purchase buff, they unlocked every item , letting duped items resurface again. What can we take from this? They hurried. Instead of taking the time to remove ATLEAST all of the expensive dupes , they made sure to giveaway 3 times in Official Gt Discord Server, cause that's what really connects a community, right? Giveaways!!

Let's remember something. They " removed over 400k duped items" in summer fest in less than 2 weeks but they couldn't remove 1k items in 3 weeks, this time? What????

Anyways, this thread is not meant to offense anyone, this is just my opinion. Any different opinion is welcome. Please vote in the poll or reply and let's discuss this matter.
    ​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​
    I think they're doing a bad job in managing duped items
    47.22%
    I think they're doing a good job in managing duped items
    12.50%
    I don't even know what's going on
    20.83%
    I think they don't care about managing duped items
    19.44%

Ofcourse they hurried. Have you seen all the players complaining about how long it took? I don't blame them.
    Please do support my quest to justice:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nd-support-now

Profile picture by Joni2

Comment

Originally posted by ZeoFire View Post
      Ofcourse they hurried. Have you seen all the players complaining about how long it took? I don't blame them.
      Now they'll complain about duped items. Not their fault tho.

Comment

Remember when people want locked items to be unlocked faster?
        sup...
        Discord : gato#9996

Comment

Its harder to trace items the longer the time lapse

anyway, support should really keep track the amount of those limited rare items. Such as IOTMs and the like.
          they should conduct a count every now and then that computes how many of these said items are in the game. If it exceed, then thats a red alert and they should start an investigation immediately,
          This will identify dupe before it go crazy

the cons of this is i think this will take too much computer power and its not feasible to be conducted daily
          Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

• Jday
            Jday commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool idea. But if not daily, weekly.

The criers wanted them to hurry up so I guess this is what they get.
          Arguing with a fool proves there are two

Comment

The team works very hard to removed duplicated items, but sometimes they tend to sneak by. If I recall correctly, the team had to MANUALLY search for all of these items (I could be wrong). I remember back in the 2019 duplication glitch not all of the pwings were removed. It's really unfortunate that these issues happen, but it's also nearly impossible to remove ALL of the duplicated items as some will slip through still.
            IGN: ShadowGraal
            Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
            Legendary Dragon+Bot Owner
            Owner of BuyEvilBricks
            Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Comment

• Jday
              Jday commented
              Editing a comment
              Everything is effort.

Originally posted by Jday View Post
            ​​​​​​

At the time I'm posting this thread, BUYGHC has 10 GDS ( GOLDEN dragon Statue, 14 - 20 BGL) and 20 PWINGS (6-9 BGL) sellers..
            ​​​ ​​​​​​For reference, GDS is so rare, only 12 are obtained every year​​​​​​, and its used up immediately for Dragon Knight Wings Legendary quest.

These are NOT COMMON items , these are extremely rare.
            The fact that these DUPED items, being THIS Expensive, are breaking out in the game ,
            will do nothing BUT harm to economy.

Let's face it now , how do people who dedicate and spend thousands of hours to get their items and wealth legally, fairly.. how do they feel when they see someone breaking though with a dupe item, and GETTING TO KEEP IT ​​​​​​..

This following paragraph has been quoted :

" This amount of resurfaced duplicated items means that their methods of catching duplicated items are extremely ineffective and shows that they are not competent in dealing with these kinds of issues "

I find this true. They locked gaia and ut for 2 weeks, before offering the 80% more gems IAP deal , to encourage purchases, WHILE HAVING gaia and ut locked. After the end of the IAP gem purchase buff, they unlocked every item , letting duped items resurface again. What can we take from this? They hurried. Instead of taking the time to remove ATLEAST all of the expensive dupes , they made sure to giveaway 3 times in Official Gt Discord Server, cause that's what really connects a community, right? Giveaways!!

Let's remember something. They " removed over 400k duped items" in summer fest in less than 2 weeks but they couldn't remove 1k items in 3 weeks, this time? What????

Anyways, this thread is not meant to offense anyone, this is just my opinion. Any different opinion is welcome. Please vote in the poll or reply and let's discuss this matter.
            ​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​
            Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but usually there would be a lot of panic sellers after something gets re-released.
            At the same time, I do think this isn't incompetence. The players are literally crying over in Twitter to unlock the items, so I'd assume that they focused on the UT and Gaia fixing and let this one slide or not taking this one seriously

Comment

I agree, its like they dont care

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
                Its harder to trace items the longer the time lapse

anyway, support should really keep track the amount of those limited rare items. Such as IOTMs and the like.
                they should conduct a count every now and then that computes how many of these said items are in the game. If it exceed, then thats a red alert and they should start an investigation immediately,
                This will identify dupe before it go crazy

the cons of this is i think this will take too much computer power and its not feasible to be conducted daily
                I think it'll be even easier for IOTMs. Since none more would be introduced into the game after it is removed from the store at the end of the month, the quantity of said IOTM should only remain constant or decrease over time.

The same can be applied for Phoenix items, or any limited items that have a cap.

Comment

• Jday
                  Jday commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely true.

the only programming effort they ever do is increase the gem amount on IAP.

never seem to care about economy.

Y'all cried that it took so long so they did it rather faster than professionally. Reminds me when people had been asking ubi to make more bug fix than general updates, they listened and then after this people cried and complained

Comment

• Jday
                  Jday commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They shouldn't sacrifice economy over some autofarmers. Gaia and ut locked? Buy a mag or a tesseract. Messed it all up..

• Dzez
                  Dzez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, they completely ruined my plans on selling my exp items. Most of them dropped due to bgls being locked and I need to sell them this month plus I am afraid that the dls that I sell them for would be duped

It is fustrating, yea. I planned to recycle as many phoenix pacifiers as I could to make them rare for no other reason but just trying to 'be epic'. Cause of this, I have camped at BUYPHOENIX before and the price of pacifiers before the dupe was 50 dls and almost unexistant. Hard to find.
                Dupe ends and I see like 10 people with it online...maybe I don't have a good sense of judgement, maybe all 10 of those people just panic-sold or really needs the dls, but I think it is more likely they are duped...

After I bought one from someone they litterally said they got two for 10 dls and it was not removed....

A note for Ubisoft.

Foundation is essential when constructing a building. I get it, Growtopia is old and the code is old, it is not easy to build around. Instead of adding so many new items, how about work on the code? A dupe glitch happened from a coding error from the seth and hamumu era, ok, I got that, but why don't you rewrite the whole entire code, finding bugs on the way? You guys even stated the codegt is written on is haed to code. If you wrote it with easier and simplier code, this could not only reduce server lag, but make adding future updates easier.
                By no chance is this an easy feat, I know, it will probably take 2 or more months, but with all the bugs and problems in the system, I feel it will be well worth it.
                There are currently speed hackers in the game who take all the world locks in a giveaway.
                There is currently some sort of ghost effect partical spam bug.
                Instead of patching up a broken wall, take the time to make a new wall.
                Plenty of online games have anticheat software. After making the code add new bits that detect for touch patterns/intervals. Maybe make a code that would report a world after a roulette is spun over 1000 times in a day or if over 100 different people drop a diamond in that world per day. There will be easy loopholes to get around this feature, if you coded everything well enough, implimenting and removing that type of code would be simple enough.
                No pixel art would even be needed as it wouldn't be seen by players.

​​​​​​
                ​​​​​​Please. The direction Growtopia is going is downhill and only the minimum amount of effort needed seems to be used to make sure the game and economy is in a barely runnable okay state.

​​​​​​Many people have suggested a sort of code that would track the amount of items that exist in the game.I don't know how hard or expensive adding and managing that will be, but if it is done, Growtopia will surely have a surg in players, or at least not as fast of a decline of players.
                They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Comment

• Jday
                  Jday commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank u for taking the time to state your thoughts!

Im pretty sure that they can remove 400k items within 2weeks because those item were stacked together ,which make it easily to eliminate.Anyways,Im happy with my rollback VII trees
                IGN : Tious

Comment

Bumping this because I'm seeing a lot of phoenix wings than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by spotch View Post
                    Bumping this because I'm seeing a lot of phoenix wings than usual.
                    I agree..........

Comment

Working...
                    X