[Merged] Banning of Illegal SBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merged] Banning of Illegal SBs

Is it just me or are you guys seeing an increase on illegal sbs (RIP GT! I JUST DUPLICATED 200DIRT)? I have noticed this for 4 days straight now and haven't seen one of them banned on an instant like before. This is a serious matter how are we to gain new players if this is all they see?

I always see these kind of sbs...
    rencently they have been more active.... like they open many alt and sb about hack, duplication and so on

Comment

• spotch
      spotch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea... Decided to turn my sb notification off as it is entirely useless.

• iDruid
      iDruid commented
      Editing a comment
      It's probably all the accounts of the people who fell for the "hack" in the first place.

Mods should host The cleaning day. One day every now and then, when they focus on one problem. Like one day day monitor more than ever just SBs, one day they focus on random world list (they must see same list as us, so why not ban those before reports, every now and then) etc. Ik that they can't do this often, but even every now and then, gives some message to rule breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
      Mods should host The cleaning day. One day every now and then, when they focus on one problem. Like one day day monitor more than ever just SBs, one day they focus on random world list (they must see same list as us, so why not ban those before reports, every now and then) etc. Ik that they can't do this often, but even every now and then, gives some message to rule breakers.
      I think by that way people especially illegal ones can actually try to sb on the day when mods won't look at sbs. Splitting them is better IMO so everyone have their own main jobs. Also every single aspect needs to be filled equally, also they need to work out so that all or most of the time zones are filled in with some mods and guardians
      IGN: VINNNNNNNNNNZ

Comment

• QueenChloe
        QueenChloe commented
        Editing a comment
        welp as u see when they do everything every day, it wont work and it looks like, that no one is working

• PEPPERISTIC
        PEPPERISTIC commented
        Editing a comment
        QueenChloe because what I can observe is that everyone does everything. When everyone did every aspect it will be inefficient and also more stressful for them.

But they said that making sbs more expensive will help us to prevent illegal sbs

Comment

• spotch
        spotch commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't. It just makes poor players hesitate to spend 30wls on sb.

• A2GTs
        A2GTs commented
        Editing a comment
        even those illegal sb bots have more bgls than we have

Hi,

I've seen SB's advertising being a 'NAZI', one world even being named 'IRA*EDAKID' and 'IRA*EDAMINOR'.
      I think these sort's of things are disgusting and unsavoury and some people will actually get offended.
      I do think there is only so much that can be done in terms of super broadcasts. If further restrictions are put in place, eventually it'll be a service that only the incredibly 'wealthy' can afford and it's sad to see a major aspect of the game and meeting friends, ruined by the insolence of other people.

SmallBurrito
      Last edited by SmallBurrito; 01-21-2021, 01:20 PM.
      Visit Hurritocan in-game and Let's socialize!

Comment

• spotch
        spotch commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea imagine being a new player and seeing this stuff.

• LadyCyborg
        LadyCyborg commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thats absolutely disgusting. Why are these not blacklisted words??

I got tricked by those sb before because i just returned from the game that time. I got hacked and the hacker use the hacked account to sb. my friends saw me sb things like that then i immediately change my name (cuz i cant change pass. i forgot my email) to stop the hacker doing sb using my account. so mods who ban those players is just kinda sad. because they got hacked and now will get banned because hackers use their accounts to sb. mods need to do something like investigating the real source or real user instead. its hard but. I think its possible or.. not? 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Hello,

It's upsets me that so many broadcasts are regularly appearing now that seem to spread hate and use nasty language; sometimes racial.
        I get that this can be filtered down as the user want's but It just shouldn't be accepted in this game which many younger children play.

The world 'NAZISM' hasn't been banned and I've SB-ED more than 10 times about the Hitler-praise and Anti-Semitic behaviour going on there.
        There was also a Swastika Built there.

It doesn't annoy me that much and I'm not one to complain but when I have friend's coming to me, upset that they've been banned for being Jewish and having the Israeli Flag, I think it is disgusting that nothing has been done about it. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone because collectively, more people should've spread awareness about it and thankfully, a couple of other's also SB-ED.
        Too many people were in that world, chanting Hitler, Himmler's and Goebbels name as though it was something to glorify and respect.

A full examination should be done on the traffic log for that world today as the people that actively went there to spread hate, should be dealt with and removed or warned. That sort of community is not the one I joined or one that I would want to join.

nPlus1 has been visibly online for quite a while but it would seem that worlds and people are being banned only when Fournos comes online.
        I'm sure you're all busy but when people are discriminated in such a way as they were, something needs to be done.

I reported the worlds 'IRA*EDAKID' and 'IRA*EDAMINOR' at the same time as I did, 'NAZISM' yet They've both been banned ('IRAP...) but 'NAZISM' hasn't.

Thank you,
        SmallBurrito

Visit Hurritocan in-game and Let's socialize!

Comment

• UkyoKuonji
          UkyoKuonji commented
          Editing a comment
          Just what happened to "family friendly" rules???

​​​​​​

• A2GTs
          A2GTs commented
          Editing a comment
          very annoying when someone sb about RIP GT! DUPLICATED 100DL and blablabla. Idk why but why dont they duplicate more, like it really effects new players. Also, so sad seeing our own country just war sb, useless thing. Fake websites, it all matters to new players. At the end, no new players can live the game becoz of getting hacked.

• Ohlid
          Ohlid commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, moderators cannot sufficiently deal with the volume of illegal activities, so there is a lack of attention toward hateful speech and harassment. This will remain true until Ubisoft makes changes to more efficaciously divert their resources toward things that actually improve the game.

However, to misconstrue the reality of the situation is not helping. These people spamming this crap (and spamming is quite an ostentatious word for what it really is: a modicum of broadcasts within an hour) are edgy fourteen year-olds parroting whatever vapid “dark humor” they saw someone else doing. These are not existential threats; they are unscrupulous players.

What can be controlled is the amount of players under the age of thirteen playing this game. I am not sure what a family-friendly MMO looks like, but it is definitely some brand of utopic oxymoron. If a player does not have the wits to report and ignore the situation, they really should not be playing an MMO. There is a certain level of accountability a player must have when they choose to engage with the community. If players are actively seeking out these “hateful” worlds to go give the owners a piece of their mind, they are unwittingly contributing to the problem themselves.

RIP GT! JUST DUPLICATED 200 PHOENIX WINGS! CHECK YOUTUBE!!

Hello hello please attend to this issue it's unhealthy for new players.

Comment

• A2GTs
          A2GTs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes I hate that thing

• iDruid
          iDruid commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not going to stop no matter how many accounts get banned, the only way is to hit the problem at the source, and it requires measures that would go as far as what Epic Games did cracking down on the people who provided hacks.

• spotch
          spotch commented
          Editing a comment
          Nonetheless, they should at least ban and do what they can for the time being. At this point, it's looking like they're just free to spam illegal sbs with no repercussions. iDruid

RIP GT! I JUST DUPED YOUR MOM! CHECK YOUR HOME
        and why don't let those guardians punish them? in case if those Mods are so "busy" with their works
        Last edited by Staanley; 01-21-2021, 06:18 AM.
        Being Growtopian since August 9, 2017
        also known as Raadana and StaanLey

Comment

• LadyCyborg
          LadyCyborg commented
          Editing a comment
          Im crying at this lol

Maybe is it true that they need first to enter where the players are before they ban them. 🤔
        that is why they cant ban them instantly.

What if we start hunting them? Players who Sbs like that will be post in one world full of mailbox.???
        So the mods can check all the names hand time they Sbs????

Aaaaahhh I hate this... My brain just committed suicide. 😵
        “We do not stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.” – Sora

Account created: December 17 2017

Comment

Hello. The mods are actively banning the illegal super broadcasts but we don't publicly ban these broadcasts as doing so could spam the chat. And there are several factors too that affect the banning of these broadcasts. But rest assured we are doing our part to ban them as we see them.

Comment

• SmallBurrito
            SmallBurrito commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello,

Thank you to whoever merged the threads and also, I think we all agree with the methods which are taken to punish those responsible.
            It is just such a shame to see such a genuinely nice and yet complex game, being tainted my the unsavoury nature of some of the broadcasted messages.
            My point's about xenophobia, racism, anti-Semitism and general Discrimination, I would still like to be addressed.
            I am never one to chase something so much but It is so frustrating to see people that I care about, upset because they've been discriminated against for being Jewish or baring the Israeli flag.

Thank you so much,
            Small Burrito

why not remove the sb and replace it by "this sb was removed" something like that
          it woudn't spam the chat, just change the sentence
          the ppl were banned, but the sb still there, ppl still can see that sb

Comment

• Eheng
            Eheng commented
            Editing a comment
            I have made a thread about this too ''https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/forum/other/everything-else/6986088-fake-duplication-glitch-on-the-super-broadcast''.However,the thread was moved to ''everything else'',pretty sad about that.
            I tried to raise the awareness,but still doesn't work yet.

Originally posted by Material View Post
          But they said that making sbs more expensive will help us to prevent illegal sbs
          yesss the only reason of they rise gems of boradcasts is illegal SBs.
          lmao it is silly one.. i have a hacker friend which send that kind of SBs he never using gems lol no one use gems for illegal sbs
          imagine that u hack a account u have to be fast, sb before account's owner login and u need earn 90k gems for sb HOW nice..
          ty for rise broadcast prices ubi keep that kind usefull work.
          i can bet now tons people thinking about spend 25 dollar to become super supporter lol

Comment

• Eheng
            Eheng commented
            Editing a comment
            So you don't even know what is megaphone ?They can just use megaphone to sb bro,not even a minute,and they hacked the accounts normally are more than 20 levels which able to Super broadcast on the public.

• More69
            More69 commented
            Editing a comment
            bruh that was what i am saying..
            sorry i am littleary bad at english/type

In my opinion,it's better to just make the words like ''DUPE,DUPED,DUPLICATION,AUTOFARM'' unable to super broadcast in the general messages as i mentioned in the thread .

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...uper-broadcast
          "One day you leave this world behind,so live a life you will remember." - Avicii

Level:125/125.(6 June 2020)

Comment

• PEPPERISTIC
            PEPPERISTIC commented
            Editing a comment
            They can simply bypass them in TONS of ways it's inefficient

• UnraisedPanda37
            UnraisedPanda37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dup3, Dup3d, Duplic4tion, 4utofarm

• Crystex
            Crystex commented
            Editing a comment
            They could compare words above a certain length (To avoid comparing words like 'can' to 'csn') to blacklisted words based off the levenshtein/edit distance and then stop the sb from going through if it contains too many words similar to blacklisted words. There are ways to detect those changes to some extent
        Working...
        X