[POLL] Reverting the Valentines pack change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [POLL] Reverting the Valentines pack change

As you all know, as of 2019, they changed the Valentines pack to give you 5 Golden Booty Chests instead of the 5 valentines items straight up.
    This was to stop people from filling their inventories up with valentines junk, and repeatedly buying the pack.
    I don't really agree with this, and I hope they would revert the changes and they would just make it so you 100% can not buy the pack if you're maxed on at least 1 of the valentines items.
    The reason I hope they bring back the 5 valentines items straight up is because of how much work buying all the chests, then having to place and break them all, then collect the items is. Especially if you're opening a TON of Golden booty chests (thousands). Golden booty chests also take 5 hits to break (4 with pickaxe).

This topic might be controversial, so I'm leaving a poll.
    (Again, I'm not too sure about this. If you disagree, let me know why! )
    Revert the Valentines pack, but it blocks you from buying if you are maxed on an item.
    25.29%
    Keep the system we have now, 5 Golden booty chests.
    32.18%
    Keep the system, 5 Golden booty chests, change hardness of block to 1-2 hits
    42.53%

I really don't understand the change either, from what I know if you want to get a GHC by doing that method you would have to guess all 5 of the rewards that 1 pack is going to give which should be impossible unless really lucky ( I think )
    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

No If you don't like breaking. Never participate in Valentines
      Originally posted by Yasuo
      *Hasagi*
      Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
      *Soryegadon*

Comment

Originally posted by TeachMeHow View Post
        No If you don't like breaking. Never participate in Valentines
        Sooooo, where've you been for the other 5 years of valentines? Where you didn't have to break?

Comment

• JimIzPro
          JimIzPro commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They could just do a simple route and make a new item that is just like a GBC but consumable. Even then that's pretty stupid. Might as well just make GBC 2 shots

Comment

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
          They could just do a simple route and make a new item that is just like a GBC but consumable. Even then that's pretty stupid. Might as well just make GBC 2 shots
          If what you're proposing comes true, we would have went from Heartstones to Golden Booty Chests to a new consumable.

I don't think any other annual event has had their system tweaked that much over the years.

Comment

if they do this gems will be more useless not everyone likes to gamble with current one you can buy the pack for others to gamble

also whole gem selling market uses auto clicker

Comment

Golden Booty Chests are super fine. No need to change anything. You get fun while breaking gbcs.

Comment

People who voted for 5 Golden booty chests trying to make profit from selling gbcs
                Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

• Komando
                  Komando commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GrowPixel also if they change the system every farmer start selling normal packs and if that economy crashes guess what then we will see the real wl inflation if farmers really start to buy world locks from store it will be end of the economy for sure right now we only seen duplicated world locks causing the issue

• GrowPixel
                  GrowPixel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Komando Selling tons of gbc wasn't a thing until last year, and since pack items economy didn't crash before 2019.. Reverting it back shouldn't be a problem..

• Komando
                  Komando commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GrowPixel they wont change it anyway but your whole point is wrong reseller wont get effected by this, farmers will and it is definitely effect the economy maybe it didn't crash before but it can crash now because pack prices are getting cheaper constantly you cant say in 2019 gem value was the same as now

This would negate the ability for Valentines “items” to be sold as an RNG commodity, which means participating in the event could solely be accomplished by having full coffers of gems.

If the people that are buying thousands of GBCs cannot be bothered to lift a finger to actually open them, then it seems it would be the wrong investment to make. The change is a convenience to a lot of the seller intermediaries, not the people hoarding thousands of gems from possibly questionable sources.
                Originally posted by tson
                *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Don't !!!
                  I know maybe you like Old valentine pack. But Gbc is a good idea too. If we change back to old valentine pack, Gbc will Rare and To Be LIMITED ITEMS, after that to be collection item.
                  I want ask something here. Only me never get GHC from Valentine pack-Gbc here?? 😂

Comment

Or just change/make the item in the shop to a consumable rather than a block(like ssp)? Like golden booty sandwich
                    This will literally fix your concern without affecting players
                    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

Originally posted by B3RT
                      It's very annoying for some people, especially when you have MILLIONS of gems ready to "gamble" on those packs. I, personally, preffer the old pack system but I also don't really mind that they changed it - I'm okay with breaking GBCS... but I think making the packs give 5 GBCs also lowered the chance of getting GHC five times (or maybe my math is terrible) therefore also adding new items to the game which makes the GHC even harder to get. Those make GHC something even more special and getting it will get closer and closer to impossible every year if they keep that system and add many new items avaiable from GBC. Maybe they just keep the same chances of getting GHC every year, but I doubt. I don't think autofarmers would mind losing few millions of gems if they don't get the GHC but it would be very sad for real farmers. It's also pretty bad cuz autofarmers can just sell the GBCs for easy WLs if they change their minds. Summarizing, I think the old system is better - they just have to fix/change something and bring it back if possible
                      your math is terrible and the chance of getting a ghc has remained the same. They just change the loot pool of the "noob" items, without touching the golden crystal's chance.
                      oh, and the new system is better
                      honk
                      insta: @limechickengt

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post

your math is terrible and the chance of getting a ghc has remained the same. They just change the loot pool of the "noob" items, without touching the golden crystal's chance.
                        oh, and the new system is better
                        Whatever I say is always wrong, ill just shut up and not post here again. Guess im just too retarded to post on forums

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
                          People who voted for 5 Golden booty chests trying to make profit from selling gbcs
                          haha probably.. i am still not sure..
                          i can buy gbc with 5m gems and sell 1/1 at first day.. then b uy 200/120 at last day BOOM brain is free

Comment

Working...
                          X