Phishing. The enemy. What you can do against it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phishing. The enemy. What you can do against it

First off, this thread is about phishing in general, not limited to growtopia, thus my choice of the tavern. Also, this isn't a troll guide thread, we've had those in the past yeah. let's get started!

Phishing

Background on a website

Identifying who the site belongs to

Taking down the site

Miscellaneous

There have been other community organisations that are dedicated to stopping phishing.

The Anti phishing working group allows you to report sites to them and they will help you mail the relevant authorities to take it down.

The Phishtank maintains a database that keeps track of all phishes.

Finally

People may say that phishing will never end, and that is indeed true. But if you can mess up their lives a bit, why not take the chance?
    Spreading awareness on the threat of phishing is not enough. Spreading awareness on how to counter it is the best way to go.

On a personal note, the anti-phishing working group is a useful tool, even for adults, as it works to take down the phishing sites hosted on paid domains, generally the hardest to take down. You can literally paste in a phishing email into their report box and they'll handle it. Keep this in mind for your future

I'll humbly ask you to keep this in mind, even if you don't have an interest in taking down sites. If possible, if you ever enter another game where phishing runs rampant, I ask of you to share this with them. Thank you!

Note
    Extra: Google too has a site to report phishing. However, this site does not actually help you to take the phishing page down. In fact, it places the warning page over the phishing page.
    [The warning page is the red one that claims it's unsafe and you have to open advanved details to bypass]
    Site: https://safebrowsing.google.com/safe.../report_phish/

Any questions, feedback, criticism, I'll do my best to handle
    Last edited by lucklife; 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM. Reason: Added the note
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

sigpic

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

Very informational. Thank you lucklife for sharing this. This is also how GTPP works.
    MyAnimeList (updated!) ChickyBro
    I'm just an apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickyBro View Post
      Very informational. Thank you lucklife for sharing this. This is also how GTPP works.
      Thanks chicky~

Also to all you viewers, I added the extra note at the bottom, it slipped my mind before.
      Gone with the wind, faded from records

sigpic

I've finally caught up with you

Discord:Lucklife#3726

Comment

oooo this is out of topic but i love how you type in color.

Comment

Working...
        X