No announcement yet.

Any tips for soccer/football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any skill moves I should worry about?
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Comment

Originally posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
      Are there any skill moves I should worry about?
      Learn 1-on-1 defending. It is a very simple concept, and once you are able to grasp it, any striker will generally need to pass instead of taking you on. You basically just do not poke at the ball until the attacker messes up, keeping him in a tight space.
      Originally posted by tson
      *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
      Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
      The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Alright, first, you'll suffer since you've never kicked a ball before.
        Before the ball is passed to you, look around you and if there are no threats around you, do something with the ball (pass, cross etc..), if there's an opponent nearby, I'd suggest clearing the ball away the moment you receive it.

Of course, all of this is possible after you've learned ball control, shooting basics, ankle locking etc.., I would suggest you join a football club to teach you football.

Positions? I myself am a left-back, I've got reflexes and probably just a good defender by heart. If you've got insane reflexes, become a goalkeeper. If you've got great vision, a midfielder. If you're pacey, become an attacker. But most importantly, you should pick a position that is on a side taking care of your strong foot (your main foot) and of course a position that you like.
        ~Chemmie
        Discord: Chemmie #7714

Comment

I heard mid fielder needs a lot of skill though. I legit haven't played soccer in my life. Only kicked around here and there.
          You get better every time you play and practice.
          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

IGN: allywrites
          LEVEL: 66/125

POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyCat22 View Post
            You get better every time you play and practice.
            Simply do this ^^^^^^^^^
            ~Chemmie

Comment

Originally posted by Chem View Post
              Alright, first, you'll suffer since you've never kicked a ball before.
              Before the ball is passed to you, look around you and if there are no threats around you, do something with the ball (pass, cross etc..), if there's an opponent nearby, I'd suggest clearing the ball away the moment you receive it.

Of course, all of this is possible after you've learned ball control, shooting basics, ankle locking etc.., I would suggest you join a football club to teach you football.

Positions? I myself am a left-back, I've got reflexes and probably just a good defender by heart. If you've got insane reflexes, become a goalkeeper. If you've got great vision, a midfielder. If you're pacey, become an attacker. But most importantly, you should pick a position that is on a side taking care of your strong foot (your main foot) and of course a position that you like.
              I forgot to add in soccer tryouts are in 2 months. My strong foot is my right foot so should i be right or left field. Also I'm not goalie material or interested in that position.

Comment

I forgot to add in soccer tryouts are in 2 months. My strong foot is my right foot so should i be right or left field. Also I'm not goalie material or interested in that position.
                Left if you're a winger, right if you're a defender. It also depends on the team, modern strategies include right-footed attackers on the right side to participate in crossing.
                ~Chemmie

Comment

Originally posted by Chem View Post
                  Left if you're a winger, right if you're a defender. It also depends on the team, modern strategies include right-footed attackers on the right side to participate in crossing.
                  Any tips for 1v1 on offense?

Comment

Any tips for 1v1 on offense?
                    Whenever you have the option not to solo, don't. It's easier to pass the ball over to someone who has a better position. Besides if you lose it you practically get hated on rest of the game.

Also by means of Shooting the ball. It took me nearly 8 months to get the tactic on how to shoot the ball. It varies though on how good you are. Besides if you love it it doesn't really matter how long it takes. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy it.
                    Discord: Recheh#0001
                    Instagram: RechehPW

"insert a deep quote here"

Comment

Update: Just played my first game with a couple of friends for fun, a 5v5. I got 3 goals, but they were all from crosses or deflections. I find it kind of hard and don't know how to catch a ball that is getting passed to me from far away (when the ball is in the air). Also how do you avoid getting nut-megged.

Comment

Update: Just played my first game with a couple of friends for fun, a 5v5. I got 3 goals, but they were all from crosses or deflections. I find it kind of hard and don't know how to catch a ball that is getting passed to me from far away (when the ball is in the air). Also how do you avoid getting nut-megged.
                        1-on-1 defending practice will teach you how to defend the correct way so you do not have your ankles broken by everyone.

Trapping a flighted ball is literally just putting your body in front of the ball and deflecting it downward (usually with the chest).
                        Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.

Contact Info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                          1-on-1 defending practice will teach you how to defend the correct way so you do not have your ankles broken by everyone.

Trapping a flighted ball is literally just putting your body in front of the ball and deflecting it downward (usually with the chest).
                          What about when a winger crosses the ball into the goal for you. Is there any other option other than a header or just to kick it in. Anyway to catch it then shoot?

Comment

Comment

What about when a winger crosses the ball into the goal for you. Is there any other option other than a header or just to kick it in. Anyway to catch it then shoot?
                              If you have a cooperative team, there should a midfielder making the run around the 18…you could drop it if they have a better shot than you do. Headers or deflections are almost always more reliable than prolonging the attack though.

Contact Info:

Comment

There r 2 ways to catch balls from high up. I don't know about how you would take the ball when its being shot straight, cos thats super annoying as the ball usually deflects off your foot.

If they're coming from high up, you need to extend your chest forward, calculate where the ball is going to end up and hit it with your chest, this takes practice thought, and once you learn how to do it, the ball will hit your chest and fall right in front of you to do with it as you please. Also remember this works only when the ball is moving vertically downwards and there shouldn't be much horizontal movement from the ball when its falling.

Another harder technique is to position yourself a feet ahead of where the ball is going to land from high up, fully bend your leg backward such that the sole of your foot makes contact with the ball at an angle which would allow the ball to come right in front of you. This requires practice.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                                If you have a cooperative team, there should a midfielder making the run around the 18…you could drop it if they have a better shot than you do. Headers or deflections are almost always more reliable than prolonging the attack though.
                                This is true, because once the attack is prolonged, the mid of the opposing team will most likely fall back to cover the goal. Once that happens, getting a goal is purely up to chance and that chance is quite low.

IGN:StarByte

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
                                There's this thing called life.
                                Originally posted by Cahtster
                                my tum tum hurts.

Comment

Working...
                                X