Any tips for soccer/football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for soccer/football?

I'm planning on doing soccer this year for my school with my friends, but I've never played soccer before and know little about it. Do you have any tips on how I can improve and the important aspects of the game? The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm well conditioned, I do cross country and track. I'm a skinnier/smaller type of guy and I don't know any skill moves. What position should I be at?
    My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Originally posted by FuryTurtleGT View Post
    I'm planning on doing soccer this year for my school with my friends, but I've never played soccer before and know little about it. Do you have any tips on how I can improve and the important aspects of the game? The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm well conditioned, I do cross country and track. I'm a skinnier/smaller type of guy and I don't know any skill moves. What position should I be at?
    If you are good at defending like tackling players/getting the ball from their feet, I suggest you being a defender. Size does not matter in Soccer, I know some very “tiny” friends being good Soccer players. Good luck. Tip is to keep looking at the ball, communication is also very important in Soccer, so ask your friends to form a strategy.
    GrowID: PokeNotPoke
    Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

aim for the ball wether the enemy player or the football both'll work
      Annie shot JFK
      Annie is evil
      don't be like Annie
      Be like Oswald

Comment

First of all, NEVER ever kick the ball just because it comes to you. If you don't believe in your skills, then just pass the ball to a teammate. Sometimes when the opponent comes to steal the ball from you, do not panic, don't freeze. calmly find someone to give the ball to. If you find no one, believe in yo skill and try to dribble or something to get the ball ahead.

IGN:StarByte

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
        There's this thing called life.
        Originally posted by Cahtster
        my tum tum hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by effanx11 View Post
          First of all, NEVER ever kick the ball just because it comes to you. If you don't believe in your skills, then just pass the ball to a teammate. Sometimes when the opponent comes to steal the ball from you, do not panic, don't freeze. calmly find someone to give the ball to. If you find no one, believe in yo skill and try to dribble or something to get the ball ahead.
          You should if you are the defending your opponent or if the ball is getting close to your team's goalpost.
          GrowID: PokeNotPoke
          Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

I rarely play soccer but i know something or two
            Firstly ALWAYS PASS if your not confident you can score from your current location
            Also keep a pretty big gap between you and your friends so you can cover up the field the more you cover the longer your passes and thus easier to intercept so don't go too large or too small
            And no matter what happens dont show off thats an instant lose for you
            I recommend having a referee cuz alot of fights will happen if you dont have kne
            Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pokekid123 View Post
              You should if you are the defending your opponent or if the ball is getting close to your team's goalpost.
              you should know what I mean. when the ball just rolls over to you, and you don't know what to do. so u act like a scared nerd and try to get it away from you, as if its an insect.

IGN:StarByte

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
              There's this thing called life.
              Originally posted by Cahtster
              my tum tum hurts.

Comment

stay calm, know your surroundings and know your teammates, obviously
                真の幸福を達成.

sigpic

Comment

I would avoid midfield unless you are very confident in distributing the ball quickly and under pressure. Midfielders have to want to receive the ball constantly, have good field vision, and be able to check on and off the ball in most formations.

Defense is very positional and boring — take it from me, I played the position for thirteen years. You do not need to do much skill-wise, but you need basic skills and some decent speed. It would be a good place to start if you have almost no prior experience; however, if I were to have my first choice for a position, I am not choosing center-back.

Honestly, juggling is one of the best things you can practice solo. It will help with a gentler touch on the ball. You are well-conditioned, so as long as you practice the actual game, you should be fine.
                  Originally posted by tson
                  *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                  Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                  The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                    I would avoid midfield unless you are very confident in distributing the ball quickly and under pressure. Midfielders have to want to receive the ball constantly, have good field vision, and be able to check on and off the ball in most formations.

Defense is very positional and boring — take it from me, I played the position for thirteen years. You do not need to do much skill-wise, but you need basic skills and some decent speed. It would be a good place to start if you have almost no prior experience; however, if I were to have my first choice for a position, I am not choosing center-back.

Honestly, juggling is one of the best things you can practice solo. It will help with a gentler touch on the ball. You are well-conditioned, so as long as you practice the actual game, you should be fine.
                    Hmm... Thanks. My friends told me to practice getting my touch down

Comment

Skinner/Smaller? If you're speedy, try midfielder. They have to do a lot of running back and forth.
                      "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

IGN: allywrites
                      LEVEL: 66/125

POSITIVE. MENTAL. ATTITUDE.

Comment

pro tip

don't
                        My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
                        I love her so so much eee
                        how do I add back my sigpic
                        IGN: Dynnie
                        Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

i can't play soccer🤣
                          Ign: RimUwU

Comment

Originally posted by AllyCat22 View Post
                            Skinner/Smaller? If you're speedy, try midfielder. They have to do a lot of running back and forth.
                            I heard mid fielder needs a lot of skill though. I legit haven't played soccer in my life. Only kicked around here and there.

Comment

kick a ball and pretend to be hurt.
                              growid: slinkyman

im losing my sanity

Comment

Working...
                              X