Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial GrowCon 2020 | Information

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by YumYumCookie View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, this whole thing seems a little bit sketchy to me. I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but you appear out of nowhere and announce that you’re hosting some sort of game meetup. I understand it’ll be hosted at a public location, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be completely safe. No matter your intentions, it’s still dangerous, for you and for people who might show up. Not to mention your co-host’s username happens to be Ski Mask, which doesn’t help the situation, no offense. Unfortunately, the world happens to be a scary place and I just needed to voice my concerns.
    my thoughts exactly, good luck with your event though
    Knowledge is power
    Manners Maketh Man

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by rrix View Post
      For everyone saying "oh, what if no one comes?"

      In worst case scenario, it wouldn't be an awful thing if op could just invite some friends last minute and have fun with them instead
      You are absolutely right, in fact we did that already. Me and Kartosh have a few friends who play Growtopia and will show up. So if anyone is worried they will be the only person comming and it’s going to be awkward, it won’t. I am sure everyone will have fun and make lots of friends.

      Comment


      • #33
        I’m so happy to see something like this be held. Even though I can’t attend, just seeing a thread like this exist fills me with some sort of odd, shimmering catharsis.
        Cheese accounts for around 75% of my diet...
        Feta and Camembert are my lifeblood at this point

        Comment


        • #34
          Will this be a DashCon or a Rainfurrest? We shall see!

          I won't attend, but here's a free bump.

          (Someone vlog the whole thing and put it on a CD.)
          Currently working for free in a Touhou doujinshi TL group.
          Living the Dream.

          IGN: Areodax
          Discord: Areodax#4384

          Comment


          • #35
            The place looks really nice and modern.
            Discord: TobyLerasco#7386

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Areodax View Post
              Will this be a DashCon or a Rainfurrest? We shall see!

              I won't attend, but here's a free bump.

              (Someone vlog the whole thing and put it on a CD.)
              I'm going just to get an extra hour in the ballpit.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by topazi View Post
                I’m so happy to see something like this be held. Even though I can’t attend, just seeing a thread like this exist fills me with some sort of odd, shimmering catharsis.
                Thanks a lot.

                Comment


                • #38
                  A bump by deleting the previous post — so rare to see proper bumping etiquette. Quite laudable!
                  Originally posted by tson
                  *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                  Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                  The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

                  Contact Info:

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                    A bump by deleting the previous post — so rare to see proper bumping etiquette. Quite laudable!
                    Finally found someone like me lol.
                    MyAnimeList (updated!) ChickyBro
                    I'm just an apprentice.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      nope. nope. nope.

                      HUGEEEEE NOPE.

                      As much as I love this idea, it's extremely unsafe for the hosts and for the guests.

                      Also it's like $200 for me to even fly to Miami so no.

                      If anyone wants to host a Growtopia meetup at a large convention like AX or PAX, i'll do that instead.
                      keeping it short and sweet
                      Discord IGN: Kimbelina #5496
                      A.K.A. Kimi <3

                      originally known as Chibiusa

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Bubblegumz View Post
                        nope. nope. nope.

                        HUGEEEEE NOPE.

                        As much as I love this idea, it's extremely unsafe for the hosts and for the guests.

                        Also it's like $200 for me to even fly to Miami so no.

                        If anyone wants to host a Growtopia meetup at a large convention like AX or PAX, i'll do that instead.
                        It's fine if you don't wish to attend (and I don't advise anyone to spend that much just to get here). Regarding the safety, it's completely safe. Like I mentioned in the previous reply, it is being held in a public place with constant surveillance and security. Not only that, both me and my co-host are CPR Certified by Red Cross, and have over 100 combined volunteer hours with underage children supervision.

                        That being said, we do require parental consent if you are under 18. We also require a parent to be present if you are under 13.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          BRUH.............
                          Instagram: Footballape gt
                          follow me pls

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            *peeks*
                            ...
                            *hides*
                            "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
                            Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

                            Alliances
                            sigpic
                            *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              While I do think that this is a way to engage with the community more, it’d be very unsafe for those willing to attend. I’m not implying that this is sketchy, but think about the risks involved. Not only that, players are scattered all over the world and most of them wouldn’t be able to afford a ticket to Miami. If I were you, I’d contact & partner with Ubisoft themselves.
                              Growtopia IGN: Festivity
                              Discord: Festivity#3737

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                WE ARE THE CONQUER!!!
                                Originally posted by tson
                                *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                                Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                                The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

                                Contact Info:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X