Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your 'time'? Your 'health'? Or your 'lifespan'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 'time'? Your 'health'? Or your 'lifespan'?

Inspired by a manga I read recently.

Let's say you're this one guy/girl. You're on your 20s. You're very short on cash. You haven't done anything really interesting at all on your life. You haven't even confessed to your crush you have in high school.

When you're selling your cds you're told by the shopkeeper there's a shop that buys your 'time', 'health', or 'lifespan'. You think at it as a joke made by an old geezer but he gave the address to you anyway. You walked out of the store, talking to yourself how weird the shopkeeper was. Then, you went to a bookstore to sell your books, and you're told by the shopkeeper the same too. She even gave the same address as the old shopkeeper do. Believing it's true, you go to the address they gave you. Now you're in a room that looks like an empty shop, greeted by an office lady who seems to be the shopkeeper there. You're asked "Your 'time'? Your 'health'? Or your 'lifespan'?" Now, you're curious of how much your life worths so you choose lifespan. After counting your worth of your lifespan for two hours she said you can walk out of the store with 300k yen (about 2790 usd) and three months left on your lifespan. You're shocked. You thought your life will be more precious than that. She explains that the value of your lifespan depends on what you're doing on your lifespan, what you've achieved, etc. She's basically saying you'll have a very boring life. Now, would you sell 30 years of your boring lifespan for 300k yen and three months left or declines the offer and decides to live the boring life you're fated to live? Or even sell some of them at the rate of 10k yen a year and keep some? And why?

Tl;dr sell your entire lifespan for 300k yen or keep them or sell some at the rate of 10k yen per year? And why?
    Originally posted by Oma357
    I am an anime trap

-Oma357
    Currently is addicted to a gacha game, discord is the best place to contact. Forums are boring nowadays anyway.
    Usually on Forumers United. Or Oma's server, if you know it.

please tell me that manga i NEED TO KNOW..

Comment

Originally posted by Devours View Post
      please tell me that manga i NEED TO KNOW..
      I Sold My Life for Ten Thousand Yen per Year

Quite depressing, but i haven't finished it yet. So maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: i have finished it. It sort of have a happy ending/sad ending depending on how do you look at it
      Last edited by Critical; 09-22-2019, 04:15 PM.
      I am an anime trap

-Oma357
      Currently is addicted to a gacha game, discord is the best place to contact. Forums are boring nowadays anyway.

Comment

My time is shortening, my life is boring, my health is deteriorating, better to end it myself
        Annie shot JFK
        Annie is evil
        don't be like Annie
        Be like Oswald

Comment

Why selling soul for money makes me thinking about satan. Hmmm?
          There's a lot thing we can do tho. Think positive before negative.

Comment

hm, fascinating

真の幸福を達成.

Comment

Not really worth it on the other hand your kidney is 100k+ dollars using black market price so pretty sure that's a much better deal
              Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Critical View Post
                I Sold My Life for Ten Thousand Yen per Year

Quite depressing, but i haven't finished it yet. So maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: i have finished it. It sort of have a happy ending/sad ending depending on how do you look at it
                whaaaaaattt i'm 100% gonna check it out rn, also have you heard MangaRock is shutting down and pairing w/ another company?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma357 View Post
                  Not really worth it on the other hand your kidney is 100k+ dollars using black market price so pretty sure that's a much better deal
                  That’s in US dollars, 100k, that’s about 10,755,600 Yen
                  Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

Originally posted by Devours View Post
                    whaaaaaattt i'm 100% gonna check it out rn, also have you heard MangaRock is shutting down and pairing w/ another company?
                    Yes i know. I can still use mangarock app definitive edition as usual though. If you can't, use mangadex.
                    I am an anime trap

-Oma357

Comment

i'm halfway thru it, i really ship Kusunoki and Miyagi. frick that childhood crush bro.

Comment

I would yeet myself off the building instead to save time
                        IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Working...
                        X