Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend games like Undertale and Doki Doki Literature Club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend games like Undertale and Doki Doki Literature Club.

I unfortunately didn't play Undertale and DDLC when it was popular, and I just found out how stellar those games are. Also, I only watched gameplay so my experience is spoiled as well. What other games are like them? What "fad" games are there that are actually good? I kinda want horror/psychological horror, and indie, but none/minimal jumpscares, because I'm too scared of them. Jumpscares don't keep me up at night, shock does (i think)

also how do i convince my friend to play DDLC
    Last edited by HairyPother; 09-23-2019, 05:13 AM.
    hello
    Discord: Chedman6#5055

Yo, I found a horror game on Steam

Click image for larger version

Name:	1569214854128.png
Views:	1
Size:	753.9 KB
ID:	6590550
    IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
    - Tall Boi
    - Professional Candy Crusher
    - Completely Straight
    - Funky Hair
    - Never Got Featured On YIAY
    - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
    - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

Stray Cat Crossing

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
        Yo, I found a horror game on Steam

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224789[/ATTACH]
        what.
        the.

is this?

Originally posted by Devours View Post
        Stray Cat Crossing

Looks like there's jumpscares, this will probably be too scary for me lol
        hello

Comment

I heard Higurashi ni Naku Koro ni is good. Idk though.

Convince them DDLC is just a normal dating simulator
          Originally posted by Oma357
          I am an anime trap

-Oma357
          Currently is addicted to a gacha game, discord is the best place to contact. Forums are boring nowadays anyway.
          Usually on Forumers United. Or Oma's server, if you know it.

Comment

So you want games with terrible fandoms?
            Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

Toby Fox has made a (somewhat) sequel to Undertale named Deltarune. He's working on the 2nd part as of now, though at this point you probably have finished it.

Not sure what you mean by "fad" games though to be honest, since there are barely any good ones. However, if I were you I would stay far away from that god awful KFC VN. As far as I've heard, it's an insult to what VNs are built upon as a genre.
              Currently working for free in a Touhou doujinshi TL group.
              Living the Dream.

IGN: Areodax
              Discord: Areodax#4384

Comment

Give "Crypt of the Necrodancer" a try. It's extremely fun. It's pretty much a roguelike rhythm game.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma357 View Post
                  So you want games with terrible fandoms?
                  Uhh I guess. I don't care about the fandoms as much I do for the quality of games.

I read these suggestions and they interest me a bit.
                  hello

Comment

If you can use emulators, I highly recommend Earthbound, Mother 3, and if you can stand 1980s JRPGs, Mother 1. (I can send you some of the stuff.)

In addition, if you want a challenging rom hack. The Earthbound Halloween hack is also made by Toby Fox.
                    IGN: Tlaloc1
                    Level 97 / 125
                    1,000,000 gems / 1,000,000 - achieved 7/1/2020
                    Steam
                    Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

Comment

What do Undertale and DDLC have anything in common other than the fact that both were very popular? By that logic, you could group them with games such as Minecraft, Fortnite, Five Nights at Freddy's, Skyrim, etc just because they were/are really popular.

As for indie horror games with minimal/no jumpscares, I can't really think of many, but perhaps Pony Island might be up your alley. It's a quite short game, but I think it fits what you described pretty well. Amnesia might possibly suit you, it was quite popular at some point, but I can't guarantee if there's jumpscares or not since I've never played it myself.

Originally posted by HairyPother View Post
                      I unfortunately didn't play Undertale and DDLC when it was popular
                      It's never too late to play a game you want to play, just because it's no longer popular doesn't make it no longer good. That being said, DDLC never was a good game to begin with and was just bait to scare horny perverts.
                      hi I'm dyn and I love mistie 💘
                      IGN: Dynnie
                      Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
                        What do Undertale and DDLC have anything in common other than the fact that both were very popular?
                        They're both 'meta' games - they both interact with the player directly. But yeah, they're also both really popular and have bad fandoms lol.

---

As recommended above, Pony Island does this. I can't really think of other similar games but I've heard OneShot and The Stanley Parable do similar things.

Baba is You is also kind of similar to a meta game but it's more of a puzzle game.

Out of the ones I've mentioned, Pony Island is the closest you'll get to meta horror game, although it is significantly less horror than DDLC.

There are a few other games like this but I can't think of them on the spot. Try searching around for meta games. I've linked some useful Reddit posts:
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/creepygamin..._horror_games/
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/DDLC/commen...you_recommend/
                        Follow the above link to have a nice animated avatar on the forums.

INGAME NAME: Sckaeth
                        MAIN WORLD: LAW

Comment

It's not really a "fad game", but if you're looking for a psychological horror game with minimal jumpscares and an excellent story (seriously, it's the best story I've ever seen in a game), try SOMA. It's by the same people who made Amnesia, but it's less scary and there are way less chase sections. I seriously can't recommend it enough.
                          Last edited by m456; 09-27-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Heat View Post
                            I can't really think of other similar games but I've heard OneShot and The Stanley Parable do similar things.
                            Ah yes, as far as meta games go, Stanley Parable is probably one of the best. As for OneShot, I've yet to try it myself, but it also seems like a really neat game.
                            hi I'm dyn and I love mistie 💘
                            IGN: Dynnie
                            Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Deltarune, similar to undertale

Comment

Working...
                              X