Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why are male players treated so differently than females players?

    Hi, Mistie here. I'd like to know why male players in growtopia are treated so differently than females. Like the other day I was in a 'BUY+' world, looking for a specific item, and these 3 players came up to me wouldn't stop crowding and following me. They said AWFUL things. LIKE EXTREMELY AWFUL. Just imagine the worst things you could say/say you'd do to a female and that's what they said. I wanted them to stop, so I tried something. I put on some 'male' hair (messy brown hair), and told them I was a guy. They said "oh you gay" and left me alone finally. I've experienced countless situations like this & don't understand why some guys have to be so rude and immature. I've been told to go back into the kitchen and make a sandwich, or go back to cleaning the house, etc. It's probably just where I live there's a lot of freedom for women, but I just hate how common it is to encounter these toxic players in Growtopia. Most of the time I just report or ignore their rude remarks, but it's just so common now. Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult. ._. Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT. It's disgusting how these are both used as insults.
    -
    Leave opinions below please <3
    hi i like dragons and dyn

    note: I AM a FEMALE

    -
    Instagram: @mistrella.gt

  • #2
    Lesson number 1 in the new GT

    Never take anyone seriously. At all. Their IQ is too low it’s not even worth it to waste energy on them. All you can do is chuckle at their feeble attempt and move on. Because you’re the goddess of your own life.
    Hi I'm Romai Mori! You can call me Mori for short
    IGN: Morianna

    Come to ITZY for (hopefully) reasonably priced Startopia Tools!

    I have now been reborn as a Koreaboo who is only loyal to ITZY.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Romai Mori View Post
      Lesson number 1 in the new GT

      Never take anyone seriously. At all. Their IQ is too low it’s not even worth it to waste energy on them. All you can do is chuckle at their feeble attempt and move on. Because you’re the goddess of your own life.
      that is extremely 100% true
      hi i like dragons and dyn

      note: I AM a FEMALE

      -
      Instagram: @mistrella.gt

      Comment


      • #4
        I’m a guy. I think you’re right but I never experienced what you did (obviously). I had a friend who was a girl and didn’t tell me before being friends for over a year, then she did. She told me it’s because she feels like girls are always made fun of in the game and this broke my heart. She liked frogs a lot
        🇨🇦Your fellow Canadian meme guy.🇨🇦
        sigpic
        Meme account :https://www.instagram.com/gt.yummemes/

        Comment


        • #5
          Well first- gamer girls are like not treated well in general

          Second-growtopia has a pretty toxic community if u couldnt tell :,)
          do you wanna build a snowman?~

          Originally posted by being able to change the person saying the quote shouldn't be a thing but ok
          i wanna die but like i dont
          Originally posted by u/language-enthusiast
          TEACH ME ALL THE LANGUAGES AHHHHH
          Originally posted by if yer in missouri pm me i need friends
          MAMA MIA

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NekoWolf View Post
            Hi, Mistie here. I'd like to know why male players in growtopia are treated so differently than females. Like the other day I was in a 'BUY+' world, looking for a specific item, and these 3 players came up to me wouldn't stop crowding and following me. They said AWFUL things. LIKE EXTREMELY AWFUL. Just imagine the worst things you could say/say you'd do to a female and that's what they said. I wanted them to stop, so I tried something. I put on some 'male' hair (messy brown hair), and told them I was a guy. They said "oh you gay" and left me alone finally. I've experienced countless situations like this & don't understand why some guys have to be so rude and immature. I've been told to go back into the kitchen and make a sandwich, or go back to cleaning the house, etc. It's probably just where I live there's a lot of freedom for women, but I just hate how common it is to encounter these toxic players in Growtopia. Most of the time I just report or ignore their rude remarks, but it's just so common now. Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult. ._. Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT. It's disgusting how these are both used as insults.
            -
            Leave opinions below please <3
            Just remember that it's probably just some random kids who have nothing better to do than bother a fellow pixel.....

            (coming from your friendly kermit...)

            I dont get spoken to outside of friends on gt and I am glad that I dont (am dude if wanted to know )

            also I have never seen someone talk about my little ol' mother but if they do........
            (just fill this in with something not disney friendly)




            Tediore is a good company change my mind.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's actually just guys in puberty, there have been many papers made on this topic, but what they all can agree on is that some guys will try to get a female's attention with negative things. The best thing to do is just to ignore them even if it is hard


              ⎛⎝Deus Vult⎠⎞

              Comment


              • #8
                Kids will be kids, you can decide for yourself if it's your problem. If you take it too seriously, you get offended, but if you don't take seriously, nothing.

                It isn't just females. It happens to everyone, don't think that your gender affects anything here. The kids are just jealous.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NekoWolf View Post
                  Hi, Mistie here. I'd like to know why male players in growtopia are treated so differently than females. Like the other day I was in a 'BUY+' world, looking for a specific item, and these 3 players came up to me wouldn't stop crowding and following me. They said AWFUL things. LIKE EXTREMELY AWFUL. Just imagine the worst things you could say/say you'd do to a female and that's what they said. I wanted them to stop, so I tried something. I put on some 'male' hair (messy brown hair), and told them I was a guy. They said "oh you gay" and left me alone finally. I've experienced countless situations like this & don't understand why some guys have to be so rude and immature. I've been told to go back into the kitchen and make a sandwich, or go back to cleaning the house, etc. It's probably just where I live there's a lot of freedom for women, but I just hate how common it is to encounter these toxic players in Growtopia. Most of the time I just report or ignore their rude remarks, but it's just so common now. Also, what's up with using 'id do something to your mom' as an insult. ._. Also, the word 'gay' should NOT BE AN INSULT. It's disgusting how these are both used as insults.
                  -
                  Leave opinions below please <3
                  I’ve played GT for a long time and have honestly never seen anything like this, which makes me shocked to hear it happends often. Maybe with an exception for dating worlds. Anyways, I bet almost all are dumb kids, so keep reporting or ignoring them.
                  Hey, I'm Anton0202!
                  I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
                  16 WOTDs and counting...
                  Creator of the Swedish Start world.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
                    Kids will be kids, you can decide for yourself if it's your problem. If you take it too seriously, you get offended, but if you don't take seriously, nothing.

                    It isn't just females. It happens to everyone, don't think that your gender affects anything here. The kids are just jealous.
                    Actually, my gender does affect alot of the things said to me. You're a guy right? Anyone ever tell you to go back to the kitchen because that's where you belong? And that women are supposed to be servants to men?
                    hi i like dragons and dyn

                    note: I AM a FEMALE

                    -
                    Instagram: @mistrella.gt

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Disgusting...

                      Originally posted by NekoWolf View Post
                      Actually, my gender does affect alot of the things said to me. You're a guy right? Anyone ever tell you to go back to the kitchen because that's where you belong? And that women are supposed to be servants to men?
                      Of course not. I believe that most people grow up civilized. So technically we don't do that. Gender equality is a thing, yes. Also, I try to respect every woman I see irl and in-game so I don't offend them of course.
                      ~~~~ SixFace

                      Important words to consider:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just remember you're being berated by young kids. Kids are stupid.
                        IGN: Clarken
                        Since July 2, 2014

                        Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

                        Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          you know 80% of gt players are children don't u i actually wish i would get treated like that, its fun seeing people get salty

                          also my advice to you is to use this mustache to chase away all the boys who might be following you, try it
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	best mustache ever.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	6596196
                          Ign : Netrex
                          Level : 77
                          Guild leader of : LeagueOfLegends
                          Originally posted by ZeoFire
                          Odd how moderators always show up so fast, except when they know they're wrong.
                          Originally posted by Yasuo
                          Don't worry, I will...
                          Windwall that lux ult

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by astinotrix View Post
                            you know 80% of gt players are children don't u i actually wish i would get treated like that, its fun seeing people get salty

                            also my advice to you is to use this mustache to chase away all the boys who might be following you, try it
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]230114[/ATTACH]
                            IGN:DragonicYT
                            IG:@dragonicyoutube

                            very mysterious.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
                              Kids will be kids, you can decide for yourself if it's your problem. If you take it too seriously, you get offended, but if you don't take seriously, nothing.

                              It isn't just females. It happens to everyone, don't think that your gender affects anything here. The kids are just jealous.
                              Kids are never jealous whenever things are like that. Some kids are just influenced to be like this or that, making them to believe that it is entertaining or funny for them to do so even if it is hurtful or offending. Kids dont often realise theyre wrong and they just go with whatever their nature nourishes them to act like. If a kid is nourished right, then there are no cases of these happening.

                              And yes, this happens to everyone but there are levels where surperiority takes a lot, therefore giving them advantage to say things that they can do that the person cant.
                              I love 美波 and ヨルシカ!

                              I wish I can sing and play like them
                              and I'm just your average friend!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X