Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	6719395

Click image for larger version

Name:	things you need to know.png
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	6719398
    1. Don't panic. This virus is infectious, but the death rate is only between 2-5%. It is mostly people who have previous health problems (or currently) such as Heart Diseases, Lung Diseases, etc.
    2. DO NOT PANIC BUYING. You might think... you should buy supplies in a large amount in case it will run out in the future. NO NO NO, that's wrong. Don't. Think of other people too. They probably short on money at the time.
    3. As long you can keep yourself clean, regularly washing your hands in the correct way is already helping you not to get infected by this virus.
    4. Wear a mask only when you are sick. Unless the government or your locals tell you to (or you had to in some circumstances). If you do, please use the mask properly.
    5. Wisely use social-medias. Don't be fooled by fake news (hoax).
    6. It is best that you know better about the virus. Be updated every time.
    7. Making jokes about the COVID-19 is not recommended.
    8. Don't be too focused on how many confirmed cases increase each day, also look at how many recoveries increase each day.

Name:	endline.png
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	6719399

Name:	about the virus.png
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	6719400

COVID-19 is the name of the disease. The virus is named SARS-Cov-2. The virus is named after a virus in 2002 which is SARS or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. The disease is called COVID-19 because it is a Coronavirus disease that was discovered in late December of 2019.

Name:	taxo.png
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	6719396

Kingdom: Virus
    Ordo: Nidovirales (Viruses that infects Animals and Humans)
    Family: Coronaviridae
    Upafamily: Orthocoronavirinae
    Genus: Betacoronavirus
    Species: Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus 2

Name:	taxo2.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	6719397

Coronaviruses are named for it's crown-shaped and spikes on their surface. It is divided into 4 types: Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma
    Out of all coronaviruses, only seven of them can infect humans namely 229E(alpha), NL63(alpha), OC43(beta), HKU1(beta), SARS(beta), MERS(beta), and SARSCOV2(beta).
    This virus has holds RNA Genome. Means it is harder to control compare to DNA Viruses such as varicella-zoster(chickenpox)

Based on Wikipedia, the virus has sufficient affinity to the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptors of human cells to use them as a mechanism of cell entry. WHAT IS THIS? Think of it as a lock, with the correct key, you are able to open the door.

Name:	ace2.png
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	6719401

Name:	risk.jpeg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	6719375
    (credits: eturbonews)

Still, no one is safe. Take Italy for example, based on the data we got, it has 51%. But the current infections have reached 9000 as of March 10th, 2020.

One thing that you need to know that viruses cannot live if there are no cells. This means that the viruses can not spread through the air. THEN WHY DO WE NEED MASKS? The virus infects through droplets (a very small drop of water). Every time you speak, there are 100 droplets coming out of your mouth. Every time you cough, there's 1000 droplets coming out of your mouth. Every time you sneeze, 500000 droplets coming out of your mouth. The mask absorbs water. So like, there's no use buying gas masks.

So whenever someone sneezes (sarscov2 positive) in a room and you're like 5 meters away. You are less likely to be infected. Droplets usually travel up to 2 meters. A more deadly virus, such as the TBC, can travel through the air. You will more likely to be infected if someone positive TBC sneezes in a room with you. TBC kills 11 people per hour. However, people paid more attention to the COVID-19 without researching any other existing viruses.

Name:	washinghands.png
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	6719403

It does. The virus won't start infecting from your hands. It will start on the mucous membrane. Where? Your mouth, your eye, and your nose. Oh.... which part of your human body usually touches those things? Your Hand.
    1. Washing our hands at least 20 seconds using water + soap or hand sanitizer (alcohol). Please use the correct method while washing your hands. Just keep your body healthy, I don't think I need to explain more about this one. Y'all are smart peeps.
    2. You must also know the correct way to sneeze or cough. Always cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
    3. Avoid close contact (1~2 meters or 3~6 feet) with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.

But the other stuff you must know are the symptoms

Name:	symp.png
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	6719404
    • Runny nose
    • Sore throat
    • Cough
    • Fever
    • Difficulty breathing (severe cases)

Usually, symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.

If you have any of these symptoms and you are getting worse. Please go to the doctor.

Name:	sowhat.png
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	6719405
    1. It is best to avoid going somewhere crowded. Even though wearing masks for non-sick people is recommended. But it's not wrong to wear masks to a public area which has many people you don't know.
    2. Read posters or articles about the coronavirus in a trusted site is also good to increase your knowledge.
    3. Just don't panic too much. As a good person, you should be telling others about the Virus that they didn't know about.

Name:	compar.png
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	6719406
    • Compare to the Dengue virus (DENV), the death rate of DENV is much higher.
    • Compare to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB), the symptoms are much more painful and death rates are even higher.

SARS-COV Chronology (links):
    December 2019 - January 2020
    February 2020
    March 2020

SARS-COV Infections by countries(links):
    2019–2020 coronavirus outbreak by country and territory

Name:	growvid19.png
Views:	2
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	6719407

Video by Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell that would help you understand more.

Editor's Note: Typeface that is used on the graphics is "TT Norms" by TrueType. This design is not for Commercial Use.

I HAVE UPDATED THE THREAD TO BE MORE... BIOLOGY-ISH. Compare to the previous one which was too common and everyone should know already.
    Any information that might be wrong, please let me know. Trashy Grammar I know.
    (sources: Wikipedia, UKRIDA, Google, CNBC, Indozone, Aljazeera, Popular Mechanics, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, BBC, Channel News Asia, New York Times, Twitter, Instagram, LINE TODAY)
    Last edited by GEN; 03-20-2020, 12:48 PM. Reason: UPDATED THREAD
    GenSEAF
    Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
    Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
    I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
    Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

damn.. i know about this outbreak but it spreads faster than i thought.. i guess people in Asia better wear a face mask and well.. 2020 started off bad real bad.

Stay safe Gamers.
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Lovecraftian
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Originally posted by Her
    i want to break up..

Comment

Damn!
      I was so lazy to actually google about this.

And you came up with this thread!
      NOICE.
      "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
      Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
      sigpic
      *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

Comment

Hope they find a cure fast many posts related to this one, I'm very scared now.

Comment

I've been wondering (my dad too). This year we have Japan's 2020 Summer Olympics, happening in July , is it gonna be postponed until this virus been settled or least not contagious. My least safe bet is that It'll probably been gone anyways.
          IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
          - Tall Boi
          - Professional Candy Crusher
          - Completely Straight
          - Funky Hair
          - Never Got Featured On YIAY
          - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
          - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

how everyone in Asia be right now

Name:	Screenshot_20200126-234342-01.jpeg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	6596673
            IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
              how everyone in Asia be right now
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]230890[/ATTACH]
              it is too big~!
              "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!" - Seth, Ex-developer of Growtopia
              Wheeee~~~~ I wheeeee for no reasons so don't mind me!

Alliances
              sigpic
              *Paarthurnax pouts at Alduin*

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeyBoy View Post
                I've been wondering (my dad too). This year we have Japan's 2020 Summer Olympics, happening in July , is it gonna be postponed until this virus been settled or least not contagious. My least safe bet is that It'll probably been gone anyways.
                I actually do some research and stumbled on this site. I think Japan hasn't made any changes to the Olympics Games' main schedule. The virus hasn't become serious yet to Japan. WHO did say that "it has not yet become a global health emergency". So, the game still go on. I'll keep an update on how the coronavirus outbreak affects events such as these.

Well, hopefully, they will figure it out hot to end this outbreak.
                GenSEAF
                Graphic Designer

I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)

Comment

I've heard there's 1-3 infected people in Russia too & that's heartbreaking to know that someone's suffering from Coronavirus at the moment, stay safe
                  Hi.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
                  Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Comment

Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
                    I've heard there's 1-3 infected people in Russia too & that's heartbreaking to know that someone's suffering from Coronavirus at the moment, stay safe
                    If you like, you can give a link that has a statement about Russia has confirmed a case about the coronavirus.
                    GenSEAF
                    Graphic Designer

Comment

Originally posted by GEN View Post
                      If you like, you can give a link that has a statement about Russia has confirmed a case about the coronavirus.
                      I've found some information about infected people in Russia here & they've talked about that in the news before
                      Hi.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
                      Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1123236

I hope that link works but there’s 4 cases now apparently

Also it’s in california
                        After like a year I figured out where this was. I’m an idoit

I have nothing else for this area!

Comment

Originally posted by dramabomb View Post
                          https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1123236

I hope that link works but there’s 4 cases now apparently

Also it’s in california
                          Yes. US has 5 cases now

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
                          I've found some information about infected people in Russia here & they've talked about that in the news before
                          I'll research more about russia.
                          GenSEAF
                          Graphic Designer

Comment

Ty for spreading awareness
                            Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

If iam not wrong, one people in my country got infected by Corona Virus.
                              And iam live in asia, Indonesia ;.;
                              Iam not really scared about it, i know if Corona Virus is so dangerous, but, i'll take care myself and others.
                              The Sky is Happy~

Comment

Working...
                              X