Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need advice..

    So lately I’ve been feeling very disconnected with creating music, one of my passion.

    It might be because I feel like the music I create and the songs I write are not good enough. Many of the people I know also say the same. I do understand that to get better, you’ve got to practice. But how do you practice when you feel like crap every time you try to?

  • #2
    If you feel that you cannot do good music, take a rest, too much stress just makes it worse
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
    Latest Youtube Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDOY...DefteraGetsuyo


    Subreddit of my manga: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shingenkai/

    Comment


    • #3
      Don’t push yourself too hard. Instead of forcing yourself to create music, take time to listen to it, and by ‘it,’ I mean other pieces of music out there. Keep on finding inspiration, and when you do, use it to fuel yourself to practice until you reach your goal. You’ll get there eventually.

      Also, what instrument/s do you play?
      IGN: Onan
      Discord: Onan#1401

      FREE BFG @ LGRIDBFG



      Profile Picture by Crunchyy and Electrolava9
      God I hate my forum name

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Deftera View Post
        If you feel that you cannot do good music, take a rest, too much stress just makes it worse
        I have a project and a competition which I need to finish though u-u”, the deadlines are drawing near. Thank you, anyway~

        Originally posted by Skywalker11 View Post
        Don’t push yourself too hard. Instead of forcing yourself to create music, take time to listen to it, and by ‘it,’ I mean other pieces of music out there. Keep on finding inspiration, and when you do, use it to fuel yourself to practice until you reach your goal. You’ll get there eventually.

        Also, what instrument/s do you play?
        Thank you~ I’ve discovered a new band lately and have been listening to them.

        I play the guitar.

        Comment


        • #5
          Find an inspiration.

          I'm so GLAM,
          I sweat GLITTER.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kindcoco View Post
            I have a project and a competition which I need to finish though u-u”, the deadlines are drawing near. Thank you, anyway~



            Thank you~ I’ve discovered a new band lately and have been listening to them.

            I play the guitar.
            That’s great! I play the guitar too
            IGN: Onan
            Discord: Onan#1401

            FREE BFG @ LGRIDBFG



            Profile Picture by Crunchyy and Electrolava9
            God I hate my forum name

            Comment


            • #7
              Ask for feedback from someone else, preferably if it's an honest feedback and if it's from more than one person. Then work on it based on that feedback.

              In fact, I'm personally willing to help you out if you want.
              This is Sumo. He's just a random level 74 Growtopian.

              That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

              Comment


              • #8
                My main advice is don't push yourself when making a song, that simple.
                Don't stick to making a song when you don't feel like it's going to turn out great, you're simply gonna stress yourself.

                Another thing is when practicing just improvise as you go and learn from previous experience, it's all about what you think and feel.
                You could also try to open up your music taste to have an idea on what you could do with your songs or how you could write your songs, I always listen to songs from the 60s-2010s and that's how I learned how to appreciate different kinds of music.

                Also don't overthink, there's no bad music/songs, it's all about yourself, express your story freely.
                Anyways, check out my Youtube Channel . I make beats

                Comment

                Working...
                X