Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sombodi
    replied
    My main advice is don't push yourself when making a song, that simple.
    Don't stick to making a song when you don't feel like it's going to turn out great, you're simply gonna stress yourself.

Another thing is when practicing just improvise as you go and learn from previous experience, it's all about what you think and feel.
    You could also try to open up your music taste to have an idea on what you could do with your songs or how you could write your songs, I always listen to songs from the 60s-2010s and that's how I learned how to appreciate different kinds of music.

Also don't overthink, there's no bad music/songs, it's all about yourself, express your story freely.

Leave a comment:

• Sumotravis30
    replied
    Ask for feedback from someone else, preferably if it's an honest feedback and if it's from more than one person. Then work on it based on that feedback.

In fact, I'm personally willing to help you out if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker11
    replied
    Originally posted by Kindcoco View Post
    I have a project and a competition which I need to finish though u-u”, the deadlines are drawing near. Thank you, anyway~

Thank you~ I’ve discovered a new band lately and have been listening to them.

I play the guitar.
    That’s great! I play the guitar too

Leave a comment:

• Aeios
    replied
    Find an inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• Kindcoco
    replied
    Originally posted by Deftera View Post
    If you feel that you cannot do good music, take a rest, too much stress just makes it worse
    I have a project and a competition which I need to finish though u-u”, the deadlines are drawing near. Thank you, anyway~

Originally posted by Skywalker11 View Post
    Don’t push yourself too hard. Instead of forcing yourself to create music, take time to listen to it, and by ‘it,’ I mean other pieces of music out there. Keep on finding inspiration, and when you do, use it to fuel yourself to practice until you reach your goal. You’ll get there eventually.

Also, what instrument/s do you play?
    Thank you~ I’ve discovered a new band lately and have been listening to them.

I play the guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker11
    replied
    Don’t push yourself too hard. Instead of forcing yourself to create music, take time to listen to it, and by ‘it,’ I mean other pieces of music out there. Keep on finding inspiration, and when you do, use it to fuel yourself to practice until you reach your goal. You’ll get there eventually.

Also, what instrument/s do you play?

Leave a comment:

• Deftera
    replied
    If you feel that you cannot do good music, take a rest, too much stress just makes it worse

Leave a comment:

• Kindcoco
    started a topic Need advice..

Need advice..

So lately I’ve been feeling very disconnected with creating music, one of my passion.

It might be because I feel like the music I create and the songs I write are not good enough. Many of the people I know also say the same. I do understand that to get better, you’ve got to practice. But how do you practice when you feel like crap every time you try to?
Working...
X