Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DO NOT BRING ARGUMENTS OF POLITICS AND OTHER ISSUES ABOUT THE WORLD IN GROWTOPIA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO NOT BRING ARGUMENTS OF POLITICS AND OTHER ISSUES ABOUT THE WORLD IN GROWTOPIA!

TODAY ON GROWTOPIA, SOMEONE HAD BROADCASTED ABOUT GEORGE FFLOYD. THERE ARE ALREADY ARGUMENTS AND CONFLICTS ABOUT WORLD LEADERS, RACIAL ISSUES, AND OTHER CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS IN THE GAME THAT ARE BROUGHT UP FROM PLAYERS. KEEP GROWTOPIA PEACEFUL PLEASE! Please don't allow negativity to spread throughout the game or anywhere else. These are actual players in the game. There are people as young as 10 years old. Let's not let them know about these world events through an online argument but rather, a trusted source like the news or the newspaper that their parents may read. These young individuals may have younger siblings and we don't want a game of telephone to make matters worse. Let them engage on more civil and educational conversations.

I learned that politics are such fragile topics to talk about.
    Last edited by TheGreenBearer; 06-03-2020, 03:32 AM.

Actually I agree. I mean its cool if you wanna talk about it with your friends but using the global chat is annoying. Most people dont know what theyre talking about (which is okay since average age is like 12-14
    IGN: Clarken
    Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

I agree with you, except the part where you called the news a trusted source.. lol.
      IGN: Gesine
      Level: 63
      Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
      Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBearer View Post
        TODAY ON GROWTOPIA, SOMEONE HAD BROADCASTED ABOUT GEORGE FFLOYD. THERE ARE ALREADY ARGUMENTS AND CONFLICTS ABOUT WORLD LEADERS, RACIAL ISSUES, AND OTHER CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS IN THE GAME THAT ARE BROUGHT UP FROM PLAYERS. KEEP GROWTOPIA PEACEFUL PLEASE! Please don't allow negativity to spread throughout the game or anywhere else. These are actual players in the game. There are people as young as 10 years old. Let's not let them know about these world events through an online argument but rather, a trusted source like the news or the newspaper that their parents may read. These young individuals may have younger siblings and we don't want a game of telephone to make matters worse. Let them engage on more civil and educational conversations.

I learned that politics are such fragile topics to talk about.
        I agree with this, although the font is making it hard to read

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Controversial subjects are banned on the forums for specific, well articulated reasons. Agreed!
          IGN: Demystify
          Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
          Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Comment

I disagree. As the embodiment of chaotic-neutral, I say we force people to make political broadcasts.
            Originally posted by tson
            *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
            Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
            The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
              I disagree. As the embodiment of chaotic-neutral, I say we force people to make political broadcasts.
              Stop it, you’re reminding me of my hyper-aggressive debate trigger happy elo phase!!
              IGN: Demystify
              Rare worlds at DEMYSTLIST.

Essayist.
              Protecting the interests of the upperclass since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                LOL .
                IGN: Clarken
                Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

There shouldn't be anything wrong with strictly only discussing conflicts if the discussions are civil and do not incite violence towards anyone.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                  ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                  ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                  ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                  ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
                  Random stuff in GOLA
                  ▲◭△△△◮▲
                  ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

as long as they're respectful and do not offend anyone, I don't think they should be silenced.

also, in my opinion the news is a terrible source of trusted information. They tend to manipulate the story, hell they even faked some news. Who knows what they're hiding.
                    真の幸福を達成.

sigpic

Comment

trusted news source haha
                      IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Issues such as racism and other forms of discrimination are important to talk about - but not in Growtopia. Many of us play games to escape reality for a little while, to have fun. The world is in a very, very bad state right now and a change needs to happen.
                        There are many places for discussions regarding the recent events, and I don’t think Growtopia is one of them.
                        +1
                        sigpic
                        Contact Me:

Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

Comment

I don't see any problem expect If they say racist things such as (I hate .....) or being disrespectful towards anyone. Though I still agree with you, Growtopia is not the right place to talk about politics and such.
                          FAALIYET

Comment

Working...
                          X