People who use fullstops/periods at the end of their sentences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who use fullstops/periods at the end of their sentences

Those (except mods or staff) who use fullstops/periods at the end of their sentences when they aren't required to (like daily Discord chatting etc) are really cringy instead of formal, what's the point of being formal online when you aren't required to or if you don't even like using proper punctuation??

It just makes my hair stand

This thread is sponsored by TobyLerasco (well not exactly)
    IGN: Deftera
    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
    Latest Youtube Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6FSSJGRPc

Join the Trumpet Smelling Gang by doing /dab with a trumpet!

I just like to use proper punctuation.
    IGN: Cloverlord
    Current level: 111
    Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
    Instagram: @cloverlordgt
    My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.
    Looking for perfect fish? Visit CLOAQUARIUM!
    WIP Garbaway Discord server: https://discord.gg/mNDndHM

Comment

Originally posted by Cloverlord View Post
      I just like to use proper punctuation.
      People like you are an exception too, I think it's fine
      IGN: Deftera
      Just a Touhou fan and otaku
      Latest Youtube Video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6FSSJGRPc

Join the Trumpet Smelling Gang by doing /dab with a trumpet!

Comment

It depends on context though, like I prefer to properly-punctuated my sentences while I post on the Forums, but I'm usually more casual on Discord.

- - - Updated - - -

This video might interest you:

Comment

You know it's really not that big of a deal.. I think you'll come to find it's a waste of time being annoyed by everyone's little quirks.

I've seen 3 threads like this in the past few days and in my opinion it's just so overly negative. What's wrong with using periods exactly?
          IGN: Clarken
          Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

sometimes happens by reflex... I either don't put it or I put it and don't realize it...

Sometimes my phone just puts it by itself too, I think...

Also I have an addiction to writing triple dots...
            <Insert a temporary placeholder signature>
            M e n a c i n g. . .
            ゴゴゴゴゴ. . .

IGN - D00DofSilver

Comment

Sometimes i think that the players who don't use punctuation haven't learned it yet.
              It's always a good idea to use punctuation. Otherwise you might even forget to use them in your school projects.
              Hate/love growtopia? Why not leave a review in Play Store/App Store?

Comment

Hi, it's me.
                I have no idea what I'm doing.

hi do u like maths
                www.coolmathgames.com
                www.mathsisfun.com

Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)
                sigpic
                ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

Comment

Personally it just depends on the situation and on my mood.
                  Like in games I won't ever use ponctuation stuff or even on discord or instagram or Whatsapp chat. But for example on my GT's posts captions I 99% of the times use ponctuation cause it's a bit more formal but if it's a funny post I won't use it.

Sometimes i just use ponctuation to add feelings to my sentences like "ok." "Bye." Ok byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrerreeplswlsmepoorwwww wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                  Real woof-woof king.
                  I own BUYUPGRADE
                  (Upgrade your ancestrals/starship for cheap there).

Pufferfish is cute.

Comment

People who use punctuation marks seem to be more intelligent. They tell the reader where to pause, breathe, raise their voice, change their voice, etc. Those little marks are powerful. They aren't to be ignored.
                    I stan One Piece.
                    Nobody cares about your in-game accomplishments so don't put them here.

Imagine being rattled by me.

Comment

i use punctuations (mostly comma) cuz it helps easily getting the context when i sent something, a cool example is the Time to eat Grandma sentence but since this is a thread all about the period, let me end this post with a period cuz im funny.
                      IGN: MadMewMew

Master 💩poster

Comment

It felt wrong whenever making a post or anything in general without using a period.

Same as DDPBG, it just happens to be a reflex or habit.
                        This is not a spoiler for movies or any tv show..

Comment

Originally posted by blakadder View Post
                          They tell the reader where to pause, breathe, raise their voice, change their voice, etc. Those little marks are powerful. They aren't to be ignored.
                          Beautifully, well said.
                          IGN: Gesine
                          Level: 63
                          Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
                          Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Periods/full stops are actually incredibly important for communicating ideas. Not only is typing properly habitual, but it communicates a segmentation of ideas and removes nebulosity caused by things like dangling participles (which are very common among forum users). This clarity is good for readers and makes it a lot easier to digest.

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
                            You know it's really not that big of a deal.. I think you'll come to find it's a waste of time being annoyed by everyone's little quirks.

I've seen 3 threads like this in the past few days and in my opinion it's just so overly negative. What's wrong with using periods exactly?
                            ^
                            Whether it is a slight discomfort or a vehement vexation, it is not really worth it.
                            Originally posted by tson
                            *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                            Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                            The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

I use fullstops in my forum posts because these are the forums, serious discussions take place here, you've got to be formal (exception: jokes & non-serious discussions).

Of course, in Discord chat, there's absolutely no need for fullstops or any other sort of formality, unless it's serious or just needed in a sentence. Let's not also forget the importance of fullstops, they might be needed even in some stupid Discord chat between you and a that one dumb friend.
                              ~Chemmie
                              Discord: Chemmie #7714

Comment

Working...
                              X