X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressproof
    replied
    Originally posted by blakadder View Post
    People who use punctuation marks seem to be more intelligent.
    Lol. I think you're very smart. Your brain is so big. You have a very big brain. Your family. Their kid is smart. They're very proud of the kid. There the kid has proteins. Lol I am laughing so hard right now.

Leave a comment:

• Jeo
    replied
    I only use fullstops/punctuation and formal grammar if I'm chatting with people that I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Kuishie
    replied
    grammar is very nice to look at

Leave a comment:

• ChickyBro
    replied
    Am I getting called out too?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    You know it's really not that big of a deal.. I think you'll come to find it's a waste of time being annoyed by everyone's little quirks.

I've seen 3 threads like this in the past few days and in my opinion it's just so overly negative. What's wrong with using periods exactly?
    This tbh. Really worth making a thread y'a'll. /s

Well, I don't mind not using periods but at least you have to separate your sentences in some way you want.

Leave a comment:

• DynPlaysGT
    replied
    Originally posted by Chem View Post
    serious discussions take place here
    lol when has there ever been a serious discussion here?

Leave a comment:

• Chem
    replied
    I use fullstops in my forum posts because these are the forums, serious discussions take place here, you've got to be formal (exception: jokes & non-serious discussions).

Of course, in Discord chat, there's absolutely no need for fullstops or any other sort of formality, unless it's serious or just needed in a sentence. Let's not also forget the importance of fullstops, they might be needed even in some stupid Discord chat between you and a that one dumb friend.

Leave a comment:

• Ohlid
    replied
    Periods/full stops are actually incredibly important for communicating ideas. Not only is typing properly habitual, but it communicates a segmentation of ideas and removes nebulosity caused by things like dangling participles (which are very common among forum users). This clarity is good for readers and makes it a lot easier to digest.

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    You know it's really not that big of a deal.. I think you'll come to find it's a waste of time being annoyed by everyone's little quirks.

I've seen 3 threads like this in the past few days and in my opinion it's just so overly negative. What's wrong with using periods exactly?
    ^
    Whether it is a slight discomfort or a vehement vexation, it is not really worth it.

Leave a comment:

• gesine
    replied
    Originally posted by blakadder View Post
    They tell the reader where to pause, breathe, raise their voice, change their voice, etc. Those little marks are powerful. They aren't to be ignored.
    Beautifully, well said.

Leave a comment:

• Ziasne
    replied
    It felt wrong whenever making a post or anything in general without using a period.

Same as DDPBG, it just happens to be a reflex or habit.

Leave a comment:

• Kfbun
    replied
    i use punctuations (mostly comma) cuz it helps easily getting the context when i sent something, a cool example is the Time to eat Grandma sentence but since this is a thread all about the period, let me end this post with a period cuz im funny.

Leave a comment:

• blakadder
    replied
    People who use punctuation marks seem to be more intelligent. They tell the reader where to pause, breathe, raise their voice, change their voice, etc. Those little marks are powerful. They aren't to be ignored.

Leave a comment:

• LBForce_GT
    replied
    Personally it just depends on the situation and on my mood.
    Like in games I won't ever use ponctuation stuff or even on discord or instagram or Whatsapp chat. But for example on my GT's posts captions I 99% of the times use ponctuation cause it's a bit more formal but if it's a funny post I won't use it.

Sometimes i just use ponctuation to add feelings to my sentences like "ok." "Bye." Ok byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrerreeplswlsmepoorwwww wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Leave a comment:

• NotSeedTopian
    replied
    Hi, it's me.

Leave a comment:

• TiiG
    replied
    Sometimes i think that the players who don't use punctuation haven't learned it yet.
    It's always a good idea to use punctuation. Otherwise you might even forget to use them in your school projects.

Leave a comment:

• DavidDoesPBG
    replied
    sometimes happens by reflex... I either don't put it or I put it and don't realize it...

Sometimes my phone just puts it by itself too, I think...

Also I have an addiction to writing triple dots...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X