Lets share what you learnt or gotten from playing Growtopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets share what you learnt or gotten from playing Growtopia

Some of you reading this probably have played the game for about 1-2 or even 4-5 years.Tell me,what have you actually learnt from the game or how have it affected you.

Make a long story or essay if you want,people will read it if they are willing to so don't be afraid to share your mind.

IGN:xolotyl
    Hello,I am an artist who knows how to draw but can’t draw.

contact me on discord if you need anything
    Xolotyl#2579

Surgery is easy in Growtopia, good luck trying it in real life. Makes me feel like a surgeon.

IGN: Creano
    Level: 101
    YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
    Discord: iCreator#8781
    Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
    I SEE YOU

Comment

An introduction to the internet, and interacting with people on the internet.
      "Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing."

Thanks to Topazi for the avatar

Discord: Hunt2man#3305
      Steam: Hunt2man
      Switch Friend Code: SW-8230-0945-3907

Comment

Don't trust people so easily. Almost everyone is waiting for an opportunity to scam you.
        IGN: Weaked
        I always have grammatical errors so please don't be bothered.

Comment

Very basic explanation of how the economy works.
          ADD PLUNGERS INTO THE GAMEEEE: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-more-plungers

Comment

In my six years playing this controversial game, It taught me:

- How does the economy works. I sell items and services in exchange of currency, or world locks, so that I can buy other person's items and services.

- Investing on the right things. In Growtopia, people invest on something that is in demand, unstable, and very expensive such as proper English world names, Magplants, and Growscans in hopes that they can sell it at a much higher price than before. Before I invest on something that is in demand and very expensive, I intensively research the item first and how does this item benefit other people too. This gave me an idea of how investments work and how I can invest responsibly in the future.

-That you must not trust people/friends easily. I made about 40 friends in Growtopia in those six years and 20 of them scammed/asked me to borrow frequently of my belongings. I also experience this in-real-life, one of my friends in school is always asking me for money for bogus reasons. When I say that I don't have money, he/she will not talk to me, or hang out.

- Hard work. Growtopia taught me that all things are not free and you must work hard to get what you want. I need to farm and break thousands of blocks to get gems, I need to spend world locks to complete daily quests so I can get enough Growtokens to buy a digger spade. Those experiences taught me in real life that I must work hard to get what I want.

Sorry for my bad English

hi

Comment

Originally posted by Jeo View Post
              In my six years playing this controversial game, It taught me:

- How does the economy works. I sell items and services in exchange of currency, or world locks, so that I can buy other person's items and services.

- Investing on the right things. In Growtopia, people invest on something that is in demand, unstable, and very expensive such as proper English world names, Magplants, and Growscans in hopes that they can sell it at a much higher price than before. Before I invest on something that is in demand and very expensive, I intensively research the item first and how does this item benefit other people too. This gave me an idea of how investments work and how I can invest responsibly in the future.

-That you must not trust people/friends easily. I made about 40 friends in Growtopia in those six years and 20 of them scammed/asked me to borrow frequently of my belongings. I also experience this in-real-life, one of my friends in school is always asking me for money for bogus reasons. When I say that I don't have money, he/she will not talk to me, or hang out.

- Hard work. Growtopia taught me that all things are not free and you must work hard to get what you want. I need to farm and break thousands of blocks to get gems, I need to spend world locks to complete daily quests so I can get enough Growtokens to buy a digger spade. Those experiences taught me in real life that I must work hard to get what I want.

Sorry for my bad English
              It told me that monopoly is yes

░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
              ░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
              https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

I may repeat some stuff already said, idk

1) Limited items are good, useful limited items are good. Investing in limited metals like iron is good(?)

2) It is hard to get rich if you are poor and you can get rich easily if you are rich. People with buy worlds like BUYFOOD can get rich easily and use those funds on other investments while it is a lot harder to do things without funds.

3) There are more genuine good people than I though. People tend to act more realistic online and I did not expect much from the community.

4) Unexpected events can destoy you. Getting bad RNG. Getting scammed. Getting hacked. Unfair things. You always need to be prepared in case something happens. At least I can gurentee I most likely won't get scammed now...

5) People judge people on wls/level/experience etc. and act differently when facing these people. I never realized this until right now writing this, but people REALLY treat others very differently depending on how you look....I never noticed if it happens as obviously in real life(in gt, you could just zoom out or read the chat log to easily see the difference of character) but...this is something I need to try to see in real life......
                They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Comment

Firstly, I learnt many things about English. As I get into a better community, I get to learn more about English (even tho I'm still bad, but I'm still trying to improve)

Secondly, never trust others. As I get scammed several times back in the past, I've learnt that never trust other people you don't know.

Thirdly, maybe, basic economy and possibilities.

That's it I guess.
                  IGN: mewaa
                  i like anime yes

Try out my parkour in FINORZA

good song
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJ8VCWFabA

Comment

Growtopia really made me good in English. I was way ahead in English at school than the others, solely due to using English in Growtopia.

It also taught and showed me how economy works and that you shouldn't trust people too much too soon.

Comment

- Learnt how economies work.
                      - Learnt some random English words and phrases.
                      - Learnt not to easily fall for scams.
                      BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

Basically, it thought me that laziness isn't a thing here if you wanna get hella rich. Since this is a game, you can just go casual and relax and chat with some strangers.
                        IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
                        - Tall Boi
                        - Professional Candy Crusher
                        - Completely Straight
                        - Funky Hair
                        - Never Got Featured On YIAY
                        - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
                        - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

that I've wasted my time on things which are worthless like this game
                          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Communication and the values of producing content/gaining an audience.
                            Since I started making recipe posts in like what - 2017? 18? I learned that making things for a group of people is something I really want to do. Maybe not as a full-time thing, but definitely something I want to keep in my life.
                            It's just a fun process to realize that you have to come up with something new/good to get ahead in that scene - it's pushed me to try new things, and I've had fun with it all.

Besides that, a lot of lessons in regards to economy and value of saving, etc etc.

Comment

How the economy works, the modern society full of fake friends, Hardwork
                              IGN: Haphazardly (previously GodApollyon)
                              I love reading, and I love myself

Click me:

Comment

Working...
                              X