New forumers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forumers

It is sad to see that some new forumers still do not know how to post in the right subforum.

New forum layout, most OGs left. Peer pressure is gone. What a time to be necroing threads.
    [ IGN ]: PandoRika
    [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Comment

You said it yourself - they are new. Over time they should learn where things get posted.

Ideally they would read the sub-forum descriptions, but most do not. Just have to hope they catch on.
      IGN: Cloverlord
      Current level: 115
      Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
      Instagram: @cloverlordgt
      My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Comment

And the attitude

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

• Crunchyy
          Crunchyy commented
          Editing a comment
          Well swagweed is pretty fun fho lol

Here are some examples:
        - Some topics in Update Discussions should be in Everything Else
        - Some topics in Everything Else should be in Growtopia Tavern
        - Some topics in Growtopia Tavern should be in Everything Else

Comment

• Chem
          Chem commented
          Editing a comment
          There's also the confusion between Update Discussions and Suggestions Box, those are pretty common.

of course new forumers will get confused where to post their thread and surely, they're gonna post their thread in any thread that they think fits the most. and if a new forumer made a mistake and posted on a wrong sub-forum they should be warned by other forumers or forum admins/guardians saying that they posted on the wrong sub-forum. by that, they can learn from their mistakes and in a matter of time they'll know where to post their thread
        ign: thiel
        discord: thiel4usgt#4108
        ig: thiel4us
        donate in thieldonate
        sry if mi bad english

Comment

I feel like most of the accounts that are necroposting are someone's alts. They look to only be posting on old threads with similar types of messages. They aren't spam bots though as they don't advertise anything

Jedaki

Comment

Originally posted by Thiel4us View Post
            of course new forumers will get confused where to post their thread and surely, they're gonna post their thread in any thread that they think fits the most. and if a new forumer made a mistake and posted on a wrong sub-forum they should be warned by other forumers or forum admins/guardians saying that they posted on the wrong sub-forum. by that, they can learn from their mistakes and in a matter of time they'll know where to post their thread
            Uhh... Would that be considered mini-modding?

Comment

• Crunchyy
              Crunchyy commented
              Editing a comment
              Not really. Its just giving them a heads up.

Unless they make it so formal lmao

No one is perfect, pretty sure all of us have posted in the wrong sub forum before. Anyways there are stricter rules rn... I guess > https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...s-on-the-forum, so it should really urge new forumers to quickly get the hang of the forums and post in the right sub forum.
            GrowID: PokeNotPoke
            Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

• Dzez
              Dzez commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a brave man built out of steel. I have NEVER posted on the wrong sub forum. Should I be praised and looked upon? Yes.

It's sad that new forumers are sometimes new forumers but doesn't know how to post on the right forum

Comment

Originally posted by Axist View Post
              It's sad that new forumers are sometimes new forumers but doesn't know how to post on the right forum
              I mean when the first time I created forum account I also posted a thread on wrong sub forum. And made duplicate thread because of it lmao

Comment

hmm yes how strange children who have no understanding of an internet forum new to them have difficulty posting correctly like people who already have experience do. strange indeed.

Comment

To be fair, there are newbies that really pay attention to what a sub-forum is about and make sure they read all of the "READ BEFORE POSTING" threads, and there are newbies that simply don't pay as much attention, the latter stand out, while the former go unnoticeable.

If you focus hard enough, you will always post in the correct sub-forum, it's not rocket science. It could be hard or easy, it depends on the person.

Of course, it's tolerable for newbies to make mistakes here or there, they're new after all, but I think what Grate wants to point out here is the fact that there are people that don't learn from their mistakes (repeatedly posting in the wrong sub-forums), those guys should really pay more attention.
                  ~Chemmie
                  Discord: Chemmie #7714

Comment

I mean, they're called new forumers for a reason.
                    のけてって、あの山椋尾まで

Comment

Well hope i just remember where to post stuff lol, kinda works like discord

Comment

• NotSeedTopian
                        NotSeedTopian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please keep memes out of #general.

• Daennon
                        Daennon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        huh what do you mean
                        is it an example?

• NotSeedTopian
                        NotSeedTopian commented