Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childhood Flashback: What's your most memorable Cartoon show ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childhood Flashback: What's your most memorable Cartoon show ?

Dam Online school make me flashback when I'm using tv all day when I'm a kid, anyways I ever Like to watch "Phineas & Ferb, Kim Possible, Barney and other stuff like Bananas in pajamas

Little einstein

How about you? what do you watch the most and what's your most memorable cartoon show ?
    ”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

sigpic

From the age of six, I watched a lot of the Cartoon Network shows. Tom and Jerry, Courage the Cowardly Dog — I remember those distinctly. Occasionally I would catch Pokémon and not really think twice about watching it with no context to what was occurring plot-wise. Nickelodeon had Spongebob, which is a given staple to basically anyone’s childhood.

I believe when I was eight-ish, I was still perusing Cartoon Network. I mentioned this before, but I stumbled upon the Funimation channel my family had at the time, and what would become my favorite anime, xxxHOLIC, was on. I watched it despite it containing very abstract plots, complex characters, and copious symbols and allusions to Japanese folk lore. I understood none of it as a child, but I was enthralled by the animation and the unique artistic choices. This was my first exposure to anime, really.

After my family switched cable packages, we no longer had too many channel options. I think during this time, I watched more of the Disney shows than anything else. I took a liking to Phineas and Ferb that did not really last too long. As I got even older, I only really wanted to watch the Cartoon Network cartoons that were geared toward an bit of an older audience, like the Regular Show.

Then, I came full-circle twice. Joining an massive online forum that I eventually was able to moderate at the age of twelve, I rediscovered that “anime” was the name for the spaghetti-noodle characters that mesmerized me years ago. I began to watch the really mundane recommendations like SAO and AoT, but then, when joined Growtopia and I met my forum friends here, I would watch basically anything they decided to speak highly of.

Here I am years later, still occasionally looking for an anime to watch or sitting down to catch one of the more nostalgic episodes of Spongebob.
    Originally posted by tson
    *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
    Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
    The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

• A3GTs
      A3GTs commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that AOT I believe it was "Attack on Titan" very popular right now, but I never watch it

I often watched Disney Junior (Cartoon Network sometimes) when I was a very young child with my sisters...

Oldest ones (Which is not exist anymore in TV) : Little Einstein (Yup, I watched that too), Handy Many, Henry the hugglemonster (I forgot the name lolz), Dibo the gift dragon, Oggy and the cockroaches (Idk if this still exist), Tom and Jerry, Phineas and Ferb, Spongebob (literally a MUST), Teen Titans GO! (Still exist, only some times I watched this) and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Still exist, and it's very memorable.)

Old shows that still exist (And still watching!) and newest ones I just watched in this pandemic :
    Sofia the First (Oof, this show first air date on 2012 and still showing now in Disney Junior this 2021!) Elena of Avalor (Watched first time in 2016, 2017-2019 didn't watch, 2020-2021 started watch again, and remembered the old times), Bluey (New show, LOVE IT AT THE 4TH TIME watching lol) Mickey and the roadster racers (2020, no interest in watching it again Btw this is Mickey Mouse), Mira the Royal Detective (Also new.) and Club Mickey Mouse.

Yes, I have VERY MUCH MUCH spare time to watch TV, like Ohlid , changing TV cables changes everything, that's why I didn't watch Disney in 2017-2019.

For the answer the most watched show, hm, EOA most time, I watch it EVERYDAY, while the most memorable one is STF, that both shows are connected to each other lol.

Wew, I never think I could type these simple thing this long...
    Last edited by A3GTs; 01-20-2021, 12:51 AM.
    But it is never too late
    To say you made a mistake
    Find the will to try again
    'Cause even now you ache
    If you find what went wrong
    And sing a new song
    You can change your fate
    It's never too late...

[ForumQuest] - An interactive webcomic
    CLICK LINK!

Comment

Adventure time, gravity falls, regular show, and clarence

but lately I've only been watching anime

Comment

• A3GTs
        A3GTs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes! I also remember watching adventure time

Regular Show
      IGN: Haphazardly (previously GodApollyon)
      I love reading, and I love myself

Click me:

Comment

喜羊羊与灰太狼, Journey to the west, avatar the last airbender, transformers prime, code lyoko, teen titans, Arthur, metal fight beyblade.
        [ IGN ]: PandoRika
        [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Comment

• Deftera
          Deftera commented
          Editing a comment
          Beyblade is classified as an anime though, it's made in Japan

• Recreate
          Recreate commented
          Editing a comment
          It should be considered a cartoon tho, just a different style and different country. They fall under the same category.

Like how manga, manhwa, manhua should be under comic.

Tom and Jerry, Codename: Kids Next Door, Skunk Fu, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Powerpuff Girls, Spongebob, Teen Titans (THE ORIGINAL), Ben 10, Camp Lazlo, Lilo and Stitch

There might be more but I forgot
        Last edited by Deftera; 01-19-2021, 03:40 AM.
        IGN: Deftera

My web novel (Japanese):
        https://www.pixiv.net/users/42148533 (pixiv)
        https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816452218907544325 (Kakuyomu)
        https://www.reddit.com/r/Shingenkai/ (Subreddit)

Comment

There's a lot so I'll name the most iconic ones:
          Tom and Jerry, Powerpuff girls, dexter's lab, Johnny Bravo, Camp Lazlo, Ben 10, FlapJack ah good ol' days

Modern era: Gumball, adventure time, regular show

I used to watch a lot of CN and Nick

Nickelodeon felt like a fewer dream

And CN right now is a whole warzone full of trash cheap shows

Comment

• myLocation
            myLocation commented
            Editing a comment
            did you ever watch I carly?

• Dzez
            Dzez commented
            Editing a comment
            yes, but I found it kinda boring

A lot of them somehow managed to get their theme songs stuck in my head, when I grew I had all forgotten everything but those songs.

It was a thrill searching for those shows based on whatever I could hum and remember.

Comment

• myLocation
            myLocation commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever watch bill nye the science guy

• A3GTs
            A3GTs commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, theme songs smtimes stuck in ur head. But hey, the show's theme song that I watch everyday (EOA, still watch until now) never gets stuck, Usually the normal songs stuck.

I watch alot of show. But spongebob is my favorite (not the current episode, it's not even funny anymore)
          Ign/GrowID: Artlos
          Just be yourself don't try to be others
          And don't give up to reach your dream.

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Comment

The cartoon I most associate with my childhood is probably the original Teen Titans.
            Awesome art by Aquarious:

Comment

• A3GTs
              A3GTs commented
              Editing a comment
              Well yes, I watched ori Teen Titans when I was a child, following my dad's channel choice lol

OK sure none of you watch Disney Junior? Just me? OK
            I'm tryna gettin' a chat mate about some shows especially EOA XD
            But it is never too late
            To say you made a mistake
            Find the will to try again
            'Cause even now you ache
            If you find what went wrong
            And sing a new song
            You can change your fate
            It's never too late...

[ForumQuest] - An interactive webcomic
            CLICK LINK!