Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The History of all Item of the Month's Prices (DATARIO'S PROJECT)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The History of all Item of the Month's Prices (DATARIO'S PROJECT)

    I'm doing a project concerning all the IOTM's prices history (well I kind of started it some time ago but I put it away because I was too busy).

    You may say that I could go to https://growstocks.xyz for all item prices, but trust me, the graph is just terrible: It does not say when exactly the price was modified (day, month, year); it just says ago. Plus, it only records prices for a 1-year maximum. That kinda sucks, right?

    So it comes with the only alternative: search for YouTube videos to figure out the price on a specific date, which is the most tedious one. That's why I'm asking for your help.

    Yes, it sounds exhausting, but here's the thing: I will process data and make a dynamic graph (for those of you who don't know what a dynamic graph is, you can check out this video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_jb7i3-Jf7l ) out of it, and post it on YouTube. Plus I will give credit to all of you who contributed to this project! Sounds cool huh?

    Now it's time to ask your friends to join this project!


    Update: The data research has been done! Now I just need to edit the video, and publish it on YouTube! This thread will be in the credits section of my video! Thanks to Growstocks for improving their website!
    Last edited by Boots of Hermes; 09-27-2020, 02:01 PM. Reason: It is done!
    Not even playing Growtopia anymore. If you DID see me in the game, that's because I am acquiring data in game for a data visualization.
    Latest video on my channel, enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2LlLwfz2w

  • #2
    Bumped. Get it up. This is actually serious.
    Not even playing Growtopia anymore. If you DID see me in the game, that's because I am acquiring data in game for a data visualization.
    Latest video on my channel, enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2LlLwfz2w

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
      Bumped. Get it up. This is actually serious.
      “This video is unavailable”
      IGN: Browg

      Cool videos: https://youtu.be/ndWyXvHSR0M

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
        You may say that I could go to https://growstocks.xyz for all item prices, but trust me, the graph is just terrible: It does not say when exactly the price was modified (day, month, year); it just says ago. Plus, it only records prices for a 1-year maximum. That kinda sucks, right?
        for growstocks prices are mostly accurate and putting exact date and time would be useless especially for popular iotms that get changed once a day it would just get messy and look terrible. also using youtube videos wouldn't be the most accurate source of data some videos get uploaded many days/weeks after they were filmed.
        Hi

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
          I'm doing a project concerning all the IOTM's prices history (well I kind of started it some time ago but I put it away because I was too busy).

          You may say that I could go to https://growstocks.xyz for all item prices, but trust me, the graph is just terrible: It does not say when exactly the price was modified (day, month, year); it just says ago. Plus, it only records prices for a 1-year maximum. That kinda sucks, right?

          So it comes with the only alternative: search for YouTube videos to figure out the price on a specific date, which is the most tedious one. That's why I'm asking for your help.

          Yes, it sounds exhausting, but here's the thing: I will process data and make a dynamic graph (for those of you who don't know what a dynamic graph is, you can check out this video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_jb7i3-Jf7l ) out of it, and post it on YouTube. Plus I will give credit to all of you who contributed to this project! Sounds cool huh?

          Now it's time to ask your friends to join this project!
          This is a nice insight with regards to the service we provide; I guess we could change how the graph displays its data or add a specific date somewhere at the bottom of the graph's tool tip for data researchers (more or less this would probably be a toggleable mode when viewing; like the nerd stats from YouTube). This update would most likely come in the currently in-development 4th version of GrowStocks. With regards to the "1-year maximum" thing, the graph doesn't have a minimum maximum feature, it just happened to start tracking its price a year ago or more than a year ago.

          The Online Stock Market

          Comment


          • #6
            The video is unavailable
            rip me
            IGN: PEPPERISTIC
            IG: vin_hartono
            Shop: EWOHY
            GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

            Comment


            • #7
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200924_064646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	458.6 KB ID:	6907736
              Last edited by Lokean; 09-24-2020, 03:09 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200924_064646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	458.6 KB ID:	6907736
                That's good to hear! Now I can collect the prices faster! Over 50% of progress.
                Not even playing Growtopia anymore. If you DID see me in the game, that's because I am acquiring data in game for a data visualization.
                Latest video on my channel, enjoy!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2LlLwfz2w

                Comment


                • #9
                  can u work as an admin for growstocks
                  this is dumb sorry
                  ign: thiel
                  discord: thiel4usgt#4108
                  ig: thiel4us
                  donate in thieldonate
                  sry if mi bad english

                  Comment


                  • MatteuGT
                    MatteuGT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well we select admins, so you can't technically apply as one.

                • #10
                  Dragoscarf wuz about 18 wls around Jan 2018.
                  Diamond Horn wuz about 26 wls in June 2018 iirc.
                  Golden Razor Wings wuz 11 wls midlate-2017.

                  might be wrong

                  Edit: Wait, I thought u quit?
                  Edit II: nvm read ur post
                  BOTTOM TEXT

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X