Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my respect to Growtopia today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost my respect to Growtopia today

    My country Finland is today 100 years old. This day is day is one of the most important days in Finlands history. Growtopia is also full of Finnish players, and our world SUOMI is the most popular world in Growtopia which isn’t a place to buy things (example TRADE etc.) SUOMI is currently 14. Most popular world of all time, beating TURK and INDONESIA. Keep in mind Finland has 5,5 Million citizens and Indonesia 261 million (2016.) What is Growtopia doing during one of the most important day to us?

    Balloon wars. Yep balloon wars. We can celebrate by throwing balloons at each other. Finnish people are divided to different teams, just like our civil war!

    I would have been happy with a small mention. We didn’t even get that. We got nothing.
    I can’t even show my nationality of a country i love because in front of my name is now a sign of team Grow.

    Well. At least i can go to SUOMI to celebrate this day with others right? No. Today the limit of worlds is 70 people, while hundreds try to get in.

    If someone has made a world of this day, please just give it a WOTD. Our world SUOMI deserves it too.

    Thank you

    #Suomi100
    IGN: OZI :whistling:

    Visit ScaredOfScammers! :D

    sigpic

  • #2
    Maybe they didn't know.
    IGN: MrStreak

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrStreak View Post
      Maybe they didn't know.
      Even if they didn’t know, this is just so annoying
      IGN: OZI :whistling:

      Visit ScaredOfScammers! :D

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        But do you know that Growtopia avoids any kind of issue

        *Growtopia mentions Finland's anniversar*
        *Indos complain because they were never mentioned and must be mentioned for their 54 year, 6 months anniversary(jk)*
        *all countries follow*

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.
          Pick a card, any card

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by iCro View Post
            I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.
            Yeah! I'm still waiting for the devs to consider TACO DAY!


            Click image for larger version

Name:	adsdaw.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	6557722


            This isn't a fake holiday by the way, look up google for those skeptical people
            This is my comment. They're are many like it, but this one is mine! :D


            Account Info

            Comment


            • #7
              Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Balloon Warz is just meant to be for fun: splashing your friends and having a fun time together!
                It's just like playing hide and seek at the playground, Balloon Warz is just a friendly battle between three groups that everyone around the globe playing Growtopia is divided into.
                I'm sure you will have no hard feelings or anything against the other players in other teams innit

                Good luck and have fun!
                Happy Independence Day too
                IGN: kyejeh
                Social Media:
                Instagram
                YouTube

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GTLighty View Post
                  Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.
                  Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GTLighty View Post
                    Growtopia deliberately doesn't have any holidays that celebrate a certain country. If we celebrate Finland, why not Indo? or Singapore? or any other country? It's not fair to celebrate for one country, and not for another. It doesn't matter how many player are playing Growtopia from a certain country, it's not fair to the others.
                    I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
                    Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.

                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Originally posted by TheArctic View Post
                    Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday
                    Yep, in Finland we don’t celebrate:
                    Thanksgiving
                    Cinco de mayo
                    The leprechaun thing
                    Halloween
                    Harvest festival

                    And those are included in the game
                    IGN: OZI :whistling:

                    Visit ScaredOfScammers! :D

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OZI! View Post
                      I didn’t say that Growtopia should celebrate but with a few words in GT gazette would have been nice.
                      Also of course i want that other countries will be celebrated too, but there haven’t been many 100 year anniversaries for awhile.
                      In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
                      We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
                      I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.
                      Pick a card, any card

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by iCro View Post
                        In my country alone, there are already a few, Bonifacio Day is an example (I think?).
                        We appreciate your love for your country but seriously? Considering Ubisoft has to work to earn money, they won't become sensitive to the other countries' celebrations (unless it's universally known).
                        I'm laughing how you lost your respect on a simple thing the Growtopia team has a high chance not to do.
                        I am happy to make someone laugh today, even if he laughed to the most important day of our history
                        IGN: OZI :whistling:

                        Visit ScaredOfScammers! :D

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheArctic View Post
                          Technically, Thanksgiving is an American-Only holiday
                          Well, there's still at least a few popular countries that celebrate it, not just one. Also, it's a popular holiday despite not celebrated worldwide.

                          For the whole Finland's 100th birthday thing, of course you guys aren't mentioned because they have never mentioned any other country's independence nor celebrated it as well. If only someone had built a world related to that, geez... because I recall in 2016 that during SG50 (or 51? CMIIW) and ID71 people actually built adventure worlds to commemorate their countries' independence day.
                          IGN: ElectroDream (now suspended)
                          Discord: Dreamy#2149
                          IG: @electrodreamy / @edr.eamy
                          WOTD count: 25

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There are literally lots of countries that don't celebrate the events that Growtopia hosts. This game is played in hundreds of countries so you can't expect them to make a whole new event dedicated to your country.. If you lost your respect because the team didn't waste their time making some dumb event 80% of the players won't even care about then it's best for you to leave, no one will miss you and I'm glad you lost your respect for them

                            Also even if an event is made/ words are wrote in the Gazette, people will be expecting THEIR country to be mentioned every damn time their country celebrates something too, and the team doesn't have the time to do that

                            if YOU want to celebrate the event, make a world dedicated to it and do a few sbs like ElectroDream mentioned, don't put more work on the team for some pesky stuffs
                            IGN: Brienne
                            –––––––––––––– – ––––––––––––

                            –––––––––––––– – ––––––––––––

                            Originally posted by ExeCutie
                            :D LOL!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by iCro View Post
                              I don't recall saying other countries getting mentions. There are other countries similar to you that have important events and are worth celebrating. Imagine if Ubisoft was sensitive to EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY'S HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS.
                              Maybe they shouldn't celebrate any country's holidays. Let the country celebrate itself.
                              IGN: MrStreak

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X