Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is converting RTTEX to readable formats legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is converting RTTEX to readable formats legal?

This would have belonged to Guidebook, but this is not a question to any player but to a moderator. No player would know this, that's why.

Anyways, this question is more important especially because
    1) The next update support had already been updated, that means new items are in the game files.
    2) It's very easy to convert RTTEX to png or etc.

Also as a bonus, how prohibited would it be to make a post about the new images if at all it is prohibited, also is it? Example: Uploading the image itself or writing hints.

Lastly I think it was a very stupid idea to add in support beforehand. It's just so exploitable, and I am not claiming to have done anything. I haven't converted RTTEX files ever, but I know in theory it is very possible.
    Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
    -heth mumu

Originally posted by your0ruler
    also.....
    sigpic

This cute teddy bear will cry if I get an infraction.
    Pic removed, please refrain from using naked women in your signature

To answer the second part,
    Of course you can’t share anything it would be counted as data mining and your post will be deleted asap so spoilers won’t be given out.
    IGN: Tycan
    Discord: Tycan#0745
    PSN IG: Tycan_x
    Level 118
    (ง'̀-'́)ง

Comment

Originally posted by Tycan View Post
      To answer the second part,
      Of course you can’t share anything it would be counted as data mining and your post will be deleted asap so spoilers won’t be given out.
      Need not only be making a new post. Could also be spreading the word through broadcasts or other forms of media. Obviously Growtopia does not give a COOKIE about what happens outside Growtopia and it's forums like they have always said, but what about broadcasts.
      Even if you are at the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.
      -heth mumu

also.....
      sigpic

Comment

I think we can't do it

Rttex format are fully encoded with the developer software, trying to convert it means given out the fully code with greatly confused symbol or even with another surprise

So, we can't read it unless we knows the dev source, it's very impossible
        Signatured.

Comment

Originally posted by dcArmy View Post
          I think we can't do it

Rttex format are fully encoded with the developer software, trying to convert it means given out the fully code with greatly confused symbol or even with another surprise

So, we can't read it unless we knows the dev source, it's very impossible
          It's possible my dude, RTTEX is a texture format not code. Remember Cernodile's app?
          -heth mumu

also.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by your0ruler View Post
            It's possible my dude, RTTEX is a texture format not code. Remember Cernodile's app?
            you're acting like this is some super secret technology, you can literally just google rttex to png and find what you're looking for in seconds

either way - sharing images of unreleased items or features is certainly illegal

Comment

Originally posted by HXZN View Post
              you're acting like this is some super secret technology, you can literally just google rttex to png and find what you're looking for in seconds

either way - sharing images of unreleased items or features is certainly illegal
              rrtex is not a public format. It is made mainly for Growtopia (and maybe other Robinson’s technology game) and it isn’t famous at all. I tried to google it now and all you can easily see is the thread cernodile made. Prior to that thread, it was complicated/hard to change the file type.

Into the topic, sharing the images is prohibited. I’m not sure about doing it, as the thread made by cernodile didn’t even got deleted nor locked by a moderator. (It might be locked now due to inactivity but then again not by a moderator).
              Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

Originally posted by your0ruler View Post
                This would have belonged to Guidebook, but this is not a question to any player but to a moderator. No player would know this, that's why.

Anyways, this question is more important especially because
                1) The next update support had already been updated, that means new items are in the game files.
                2) It's very easy to convert RTTEX to png or etc.

Also as a bonus, how prohibited would it be to make a post about the new images if at all it is prohibited, also is it? Example: Uploading the image itself or writing hints.

Lastly I think it was a very stupid idea to add in support beforehand. It's just so exploitable, and I am not claiming to have done anything. I haven't converted RTTEX files ever, but I know in theory it is very possible.
                “Is data mining legal”

Answer: no, use some common sense.

Cern’s “Tool” was literally a datamining tool thst he released to the public trying to play it off as something innocent.
                IGN: Noodle (previously Noodle905)

Just your average dude who enjoys playing the game and solving riddles

Originally posted by NekoRei
                Damn I clicked on it... I was Luis Fonzied

Comment

Originally posted by HXZN View Post

Excuse me? What part of what I said made it look like "super secret technology"? I even said that it was easy.

You can't post pictures in the forums but what about broadcasting? Converting RTTEX files should also be illegal because it gives PC users an upper-hand, but still it's not detectable so you can't enforce such a rule..

Adding to that flaw, Growtopia has no control over social media so obviously it will be flooded with these images.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Noodle905 View Post
                  “Is data mining legal”

Answer: no, use some common sense.

Cern’s “Tool” was literally a datamining tool thst he released to the public trying to play it off as something innocent.
                  If they were so concerned about people datamining then why did they release a support for the update in the first place! And that's why I made the thread. Because the developers need to fix their priorities.

Now obviously when we talk about whether it is legal or not to convert these images, we are also talking about distributing them. And social medias can be such a platform.
                  -heth mumu

also.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X