Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOTD.GA | World of the Day, by Growtopians

Greetings!

I've been seeing more and more complaints about Ubisoft picking bad WOTDs. And, suddenly, while browsing Phemus's discord server (BETA), I've thought of that:
    Why not create a website where people submit their worlds for WOTD?
    And, to make this even cooler, why not even let Growtopians decide which world is the coolest, by implementing an upvote feature?
    The winner would receive a World Lock as a motivational gift, and we could let Ubisoft staff really discover the nice worlds roaming out there!

Interested in helping out? We're in need of a designer, to design the website (should have knowledge in HTML & CSS)

Want to post feedback? Do so by replying!

The thing is, there are no nice worlds. There are a rare few who can actually build and are unmotivated by the treatment WOTDs get and building itself. It's as if there are so many people wanting to be good builders, but very little good builders to help guide them.
    37 World of the Days won.
    4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Techy View Post
      The thing is, there are no nice worlds. There are a rare few who can actually build and are unmotivated by the treatment WOTDs get and building itself. It's as if there are so many people wanting to be good builders, but very little good builders to help guide them.
      But if we could somehow get their worlds to be popular, they would get motivated

Comment

I've contacted NekoRei regarding the possibility of implementing a WOTD Selection Team. However, while she did acknowledge this idea that I suggested to her, she still hasn't exactly provided me with any further details. As I've stated in other threads, I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

Moving on to your idea of having the community vote, I'm definitely against this. You know how most people are. The minute they see a pixel art, their eyes light up. That doesn't go for us builders, though. I'm talking about the other part of Growtopia.

Anyway, the selections haven't been too bad lately if I'm honest... We'll see how this plays out going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Techy View Post
        I agree with your point that there aren't many people out there to help guide newer builders, but the thing is, creating quality worlds isn't exactly something that you can teach. It's just something that takes a lot of time and practice.
        You can contact me if you have any questions or concerns, whether it be in-game or via forums. I'm commonly occupied with creating worlds and socializing with players!

Growtopia Username: Lewius

Comment

+99999999999
          Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
          suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

Aight! I’ll help with the HTML/CSS. 2-3 weeks of development will
            not hurt my music career. Taking a break from music actually.

The Online Stock Market

Comment

I really like the idea of this. Just gotta remember on how we are going to put these worlds up for voting. Should it be a render? Are you allowed to visit the world? What happens if the world has a story line? Really interested into what you guys could come up with.
              Come Join Secret Santa 2019!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josh289 View Post
                I've contacted NekoRei regarding the possibility of implementing a WOTD Selection Team. However, while she did acknowledge this idea that I suggested to her, she still hasn't exactly provided me with any further details. As I've stated in other threads, I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

Moving on to your idea of having the community vote, I'm definitely against this. You know how most people are. The minute they see a pixel art, their eyes light up. That doesn't go for us builders, though. I'm talking about the other part of Growtopia.

Anyway, the selections haven't been too bad lately if I'm honest... We'll see how this plays out going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with your point that there aren't many people out there to help guide newer builders, but the thing is, creating quality worlds isn't exactly something that you can teach. It's just something that takes a lot of time and practice.
                Yeah, it says all.
                MEEP MEEP I'M A SHEEP
                IGN: MeepTheSheep

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Sorry, team of players or ubi staffs?
                  may my demise be a promise to you.

Comment

they could have just created lots of alts or bribe people to upvote, ya know.....
                    sigpic

Comment

I dont know HTML & CSS but maybe I can help about other things

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

A website man, not one that makes official decisions

Originally posted by Crunchyy View Post
                        +99999999999
                        Yay!

Originally posted by MatteuGT View Post
                        Aight! I’ll help with the HTML/CSS. 2-3 weeks of development will
                        not hurt my music career. Taking a break from music actually.
                        Glad to hear that!
                        Originally posted by CanYaNot View Post
                        I really like the idea of this. Just gotta remember on how we are going to put these worlds up for voting. Should it be a render? Are you allowed to visit the world? What happens if the world has a story line? Really interested into what you guys could come up with.
                        1. They post their world
                        2. Nope, they just input the world's name
                        3. Yes, the world should be visitable
                        4. It will be said in the editor's notes
                        5. Thanks!

Originally posted by KVLEE View Post
                        they could have just created lots of alts or bribe people to upvote, ya know.....
                        1 vote per device

Originally posted by GQLDEN View Post
                        I dont know HTML & CSS but maybe I can help about other things
                        Sure!

Comment

1 vote per device..
                          You do know that spammers have lots of devices right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KVLEE View Post
                            1 vote per device..
                            You do know that spammers have lots of devices right?
                            As far as I know spammers create multiple accounts. Not use many devices. They would be broke if they buy a lot of devices

The Online Stock Market

Comment

+99999999999999

<description of this thread, in your own words>
                              [/CENTER]

IGN: RasseGoPro
                              Set this up in your forum signature and help us spread word GrowStocks over the Growtopia's Community.

The Online Stock Market

Comment

Working...
                              X