Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a right to do this?

Hello there
    So I lended a friend of mine 1dl (I know him in real life) and never gave him any time to return so like take your time paying me back anyways go ahead 3 days he msgs me saying he got scammed 8 DLS and is quitting now instead of giving me his account so I can salvage anything I can to get back my DL he decides to tell me I have no right to ask for the dl back since he got scammed not only that he decides to giveaway his account to another friend of his instead of giving the account to me
    now my question is do I have a right of demanding the account so I can in some way get some of my wls back?
    Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

You have the right to demand the dl back, but giving away accounts is illegal so you probably shouldn't demand that...might get banned for receiving it, not sure though.

Comment

In other words, you're trying to buy your friend's account for 1 DL.
      My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
      I love her so so much eee
      how do I add back my sigpic
      IGN: Dynnie
      Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

To me, your friend seems like a jerk to be honest.

Comment

time to hit that unfriend
          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Nope, you don't have the right to do so.
            Take that as a life lesson: "Trust none other than yourself"

Comment

Originally posted by GrowStone View Post
              Nope, you don't have the right to do so.
              Take that as a life lesson: "Trust none other than yourself"
              What are you saying is sort of true, partially tho. What he did is unethically. The literal definition of lending in English Cambridge dictionary is the following: to give something to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back
              GrowCord - Discord Bot
              The only growtopia discord bot that post DQs, tweets and more into your discord server.
              ==
              Discord: MrAugu#7917
              ==
              Full-stack developer.
              ==
              *Daily Quests, WOTD, Last Two Tweets, Daily News

Comment

i'd beat him up irl ngl
                Thinking about you.

Comment

Steal his money and buy the diamond lock back for real money, if he has a lot of money you can make more diamond locks and profit.

Comment

If you take his account, you will get perma ban. All acc trds are illegal in this game. Can't giveaway accounts. So what you can do, is report his acc and if he gives it to a friend, mods will ban that acc.
                    Level: 125
                    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

hit your friend in his teeth, thats worth a dl
                      sigpic
                      world : VEXESGT
                      got unbanned, growid : vexes

llc

Originally posted by Rush
                      what to heck
                      -Rush, April 21, 2017.

Originally posted by MrMehMeh
                      wat in moderation
                      MrMehMeh, May 9, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                        hit your friend in his teeth, thats worth a dl
                        take his wife
                        "Fun things are fun."
                        -Yui Hirasawa

Comment

Now that is a bad friendship, time to have some new friends
                          Ig Name: Caladrio

Comment

Besides of GrowStone, everybody seems to mutually agree.

If both of you guys both agreed before hand that its a LEND/temporary dl, then yes, you should have access to it.

Here's how real life works(if you borrowed money from the bank or something)

If you can't pay off the debt, you can/must declare bankruptcy. All the debt will go away BUT you can not own any property and money in any banks, that goes to the bank to take. Besides of very important exceptions, this rule is always law.

Lets replace some words in this with your sitiuation. Your friend got scammed and is quitting=bankruptcy.
                            The "property and money" is whats left. You, in this case are the bank..

Unless there is an unknown circumstance we don't know about, you SHOULD have a right to the items. Yes, buying his account is illegal and all...but hey....nobody will know....right?

Serious, everyone here who is partly against it just mentions it is illegal...like growtopia won't know, and if the staff DO somehow find out, it would be from this thread and will probably be nice enough to turn a blind eye.

The argument GrowStone gave is also weak. Yes, you shouldn't trust anyone, but that means he isn't a friend. What I mean is, if his friend were to say "You shouldn't trust anyone"....that sounds rather scummy and makes him sound greedy, not friend worthy. For that reason, I feel the friend has no real arguments to give.

Even if we look at your friend perspective, its stupid. Like...I see he wants to give his leftover hard-worked-for items to the community, to seem nice but he should know promises go first, before the temporary self-satisfaction he will get for giving away items away and being famous for a bit.
                            (P.s. I wasn't too sure how to word that paragraph I just wrote. You may want to read it carefully or feel free to ask what I mean't. )

(If you didn't plan to show this previously to your friend, you should too. He will then see how many people sided with tou compared to him)

Finally, if anyone will say "Who cares, its just a DL". Its not about the dl. Its about a promise being made and broken. If you friend can't fulfill this promise, he should at least try to. If he doesn't even try(I hate to really say this), but he really shouldn't be your friend. Friendship should have effort put in it and he doesn't seem to be putting effort in it.

On another hand, if hes a good friend, and you don't want to lose him(like if hes a schoolmate and it will just affect your social life) just forgive him.

Make sure to update us on what happens! I'm curious too!
                            They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malware View Post
                              Finally, if anyone will say "Who cares, its just a DL". Its not about the dl. Its about a promise being made and broken. If you friend can't fulfill this promise, he should at least try to. If he doesn't even try(I hate to really say this), but he really shouldn't be your friend. Friendship should have effort put in it and he doesn't seem to be putting effort in it.
                              Thx for that Really appreciate the fact you wrote all of that

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
                              In other words, you're trying to buy your friend's account for 1 DL.
                              I would call it closer to a mortgage than buying his account

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bozoe977 View Post
                              Steal his money and buy the diamond lock back for real money, if he has a lot of money you can make more diamond locks and profit.
                              I will be adding this to my to-do-list soon enough
                              Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X