Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you donate? ( Weekly Discussion 11/8/19-18/8/19 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you donate? ( Weekly Discussion 11/8/19-18/8/19 )

Do you donate?

A common question.

Just share your personal experiences and answer the question if you want to.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4BE76BEA-3B59-4B9B-ACD6-E621857180F5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	6715579

I donate when I get the chance to. When I donate, I would think how it could change the player’s life. How about you?
    Instagram:@kyeosi.gt

depends⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    真の幸福を達成.

Comment

I like going random worlds and meeting with new people. If they're nice and not asking for stuff I give them some items and world lock, but I can tell I almost never give donations to anybody asking for it.
      Forumers Guild: BETA GUILD

Comment

I usually donate to people above level 15, so I know they’re not on an alt account. Also I won’t donate unless you aren’t annoying, don’t ask for a donation, and can speak proper English.
        Sup
        IGN: Rovie
        Discord: rovvvie#4588

pfp by topazi

Comment

I barely meet anyone anyways. Here's how it usually goes:
          someone enters : omg u pro
          me : thanks?
          him : donate 1wl plz me nub
          me : no
          then he leaves. Also, not to upset you or anything, but if you find a real noob who isn't asking for donations and you give them a wl, they'll most probably get it scammed in the same day.
          "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Comment

Occasionally

Comment

When I am happy I donate maybe 3 wls max
              Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

never, except people who actually started the game and i can tell by how they act and talk. In that case i teach them how to play and earn wls, how not to get scammed and sometimes toss in a world lock for them to lock their world. But most of the time i ignore them to the best of my abilities because some are stupid greedy, "PLS ONLY 25WL" they think we print world locks out of thin air or something.
                | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Originally posted by Seth
                Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
                Originally posted by DynPlaysGT
                "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
                Originally posted by AsteroidSpam
                and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Comment

Lmao KennV_gt seriously just stole this meme by Galastiz by CLEARLY overlaping his watermark with his own and the official growtopia instagram didnt even notice and credited KennV_gt instead of Galastiz.... what a joke
                  Hey there!
                  IGN / TheFlyingE

GIVEAWAY TIME!

Click here to follow the giveaway instructions!
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyE...QQfrByqQ7b9Aqw

Farewell!

Comment

Most of the time I don’t donate because I believe players should earn their own items, and if they ask how they do that, then I help. At least I know those types of ppl who ask are legitimately new, rather than the scammers running around saying they’re new and asking for donations, but even when you say no politely they tell you to eff off and stop being so greedy. I would also donate to someone if I talk to them for a little bit, and they seem like a genuine person with good intentions.
                    In Game Name: TheArctic
                    Main World: THEARCTIC
                    Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!
                    Achieved Legendary Robot on April 26th, 2020!
                    Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Comment

Are they Canadian? Then maybe.
                      Are they a bunny? Yes, definitely.
                      Are they a Canadian and a bunny? Yes, I’ll give them something decent.

If they want something else, then not my problem.
                      Team egg lost the splatfest

Comment

I occasionally go to random worlds with a small lock, or not locked at all, chat and hang out with the newbie, and if they ask for donations within the first 1 minute or so, I'll leave, but if they are cool people who seem over the age of 14, I'll donate a wl to them, add as friends etc.

But if they beg, I'll just leave. Fake noobs usually have a "bad" bad grammar. And they beg, wear no clothes, etc. Real noobs wear all clothes they have and type with decent-good grammar, and are nice and don't beg.

Comment

I only donate new players,< I can detect on which fake and which is not >. And probably will give them my farmables ( ex: 200 peppers, 50 chands,200 ftanks ) and some SSPs also a small lock to start that game.
                          And oh yea, I'll also tell them to never rulebreak the game or else you'll get arrested irl

I rarely donate my friends too.

Comment

this is probably my personal opinion but i feel extremely disgusted by people who ask for donations. i feel that there is absolutely no reason why you cannot progress without any donations because i managed to get to where i am today with very little help from others (i’ve already paid back almost all of what has been given to me by other players). one of them even said directly to me that he is so lazy that he can’t be bothered to work for his own wls and instead leeches off the richer ones in this game. i’d give some credit to him for being honest but to think that this mentality is present in a significant number of people in this game never fails to surprise me.
                            IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
                            Achievements completed: 152/167

Comment

I always do. But they cant ask more than 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BladeGamer View Post
                              this is probably my personal opinion but i feel extremely disgusted by people who ask for donations. i feel that there is absolutely no reason why you cannot progress without any donations because i managed to get to where i am today with very little help from others (i’ve already paid back almost all of what has been given to me by other players). one of them even said directly to me that he is so lazy that he can’t be bothered to work for his own wls and instead leeches off the richer ones in this game. i’d give some credit to him for being honest but to think that this mentality is present in a significant number of people in this game never fails to surprise me.
                              Thats how people do in the growtopia world. Ta ta now.
                              I love 美波 and ヨルシカ!

I wish I can sing and play like them
                              and I'm just your average friend!

Comment

Working...
                              X