Bfg / Autofarmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Wilson View Post
    If people wanted they could intentionally sabotage BFG owners.
    This is what mainly concerns me, say you catch an auto-farmer in your bfg as the mag runs out, you ban him ofc, the next day you have to leave your bfg unattended, the same autofarmer unleashes 20 bots on your world and gets your world nuked.

I also feel the same is for spammers, EG, bot owner gets annoyed at u, advertises ur world instead of their own, you get your world nuked and you get banned, bot owner gets off free as a bird...
    Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

I don't know if you are aware but with steam blocks you can set up a BFG that players can enter without the need to pull them. I also would like to see in the rules where it says a person is responsible for other people auto farming in your world. Also like I said before Growtopia has offered no information to the players on how to detect auto farmers at all. So if the player is responsible Ubisoft has not offered any information to help them.

I don't see the difference between monitoring your world for auto farming and spammers or generally anybody who is breaking rules. If you hold BFG owners accountable for the actions of players in your world then every player should also be held accountable for players in their worlds.

The only way I think a BFG owner should be accountable is if the auto farmer flat out tells the owner "hey I am auto farming." That is the only way to guarantee the owner is aware of an auto farmer. You can set up a BFG so that you don't have to be in the world to advertise it and maintain your Mag.

You can't say that BFG farmers are the only ones responsible for players actions in their worlds. They honestly have more to lose than to gain from auto farmers in their world.

Now if a person has messaged a mod knowing auto farming is going on in their world then I assume they are aware and they should just ban them out of the world for good measure. I can't expect them to be aware of it at all times. That is asking too much and I think even mods know you can't catch everyone.

If you expect BFG owners to always be present to monitor then I expect every world owner to be present to monitor all the worlds they own at all times. If they can not be then they should close off the worlds.

I was in a BFG that I could enter a secure area and farm without the owner in the world. A few people were there. If someone auto farms your saying it's the owner's fault for just owning a mag plant BFG world.

If Ubisoft wants BFG owners to be responsible for auto farming then they need to give BFG owners information on how to detect it or give them a sure-fire way to detect it. It would be a lot easier if auto farmers start glowing red or something if they are farming beyond normal limits.

If people wanted they could intentionally sabotage BFG owners.
      This doesn’t apply to BFG only... I’ve already gave you one example of the same concept but in different scenario with Hotel Worlds. You are fully responsible for your own world. I don’t think this requires a rule of its own because it’s literally common sense.

If you see someone hacking in your world, you should ban that person otherwise they’ll take it that you’re encouraging this behaviour. Autoclickers don’t lose anything, only gain. But they only gain if you give them access to. Autoclicking is by far the most harmful crime every alongside with exploiting. This should give you a good idea why they’re taking this very seriously.

As for now, they don’t have the system to detect autoclicking. Nobody does, it’s not just a “Growtopia thing”.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RaySia View Post
        This doesn’t apply to BFG only... I’ve already gave you one example of the same concept but in different scenario with Hotel Worlds. You are fully responsible for your own world. I don’t think this requires a rule of its own because it’s literally common sense.

If you see someone hacking in your world, you should ban that person otherwise they’ll take it that you’re encouraging this behaviour. Autoclickers don’t lose anything, only gain. But they only gain if you give them access to. Autoclicking is by far the most harmful crime every alongside with exploiting. This should give you a good idea why they’re taking this very seriously.

As for now, they don’t have the system to detect autoclicking. Nobody does, it’s not just a “Growtopia thing”.
        If the world owner is present and has witnessed somebody in thier world doing something they shouldn't be, the world owner should be responsible and act upon it. I agree with that sentiment. I've already said it. Messaging a moderator isn't enough if the world owner isn't going to ban the auto farmers he is aware of being in his world.

You agreed they don't have a system to detect auto farming. How do you expect a person to monitor for something without a guaranteed way to detect it? I've never seen auto farming and don't know how it's done.

I can't expect you to build a house without a blue print and tools. If you or anybody wants BFG owners to hunt auto farming in thier worlds then give them the tools to detect it. Give them a PSA on what to look for.

When that happens I will believe it's taken as seriously as you think it is. If BFGs are going to be a problem then remove functionality of Magplant because no owner is going to sit in thier world when they can set and forget and come back only to maintenance a magplant and advertise for BFG.

Comment

If the world owner is present and has witnessed somebody in thier world doing something they shouldn't be, the world owner should be responsible and act upon it. I agree with that sentiment. I've already said it. Messaging a moderator isn't enough if the world owner isn't going to ban the auto farmers he is aware of being in his world.

You agreed they don't have a system to detect auto farming. How do you expect a person to monitor for something without a guaranteed way to detect it? I've never seen auto farming and don't know how it's done.

I can't expect you to build a house without a blue print and tools. If you or anybody wants BFG owners to hunt auto farming in thier worlds then give them the tools to detect it. Give them a PSA on what to look for.

When that happens I will believe it's taken as seriously as you think it is. If BFGs are going to be a problem then remove functionality of Magplant because no owner is going to sit in thier world when they can set and forget and come back only to maintenance a magplant and advertise for BFG.
          When they announced this rule there was guides in forum. You need basically pull them out or kick all in every 10 minutes. You can use adventure things, and any other killing things what has timer, so you don't even need pull them. What you need to do, is stay in world and monitor. When you pull player and he continues farm air, you can ban him/her. And you can now take bots gems. So you win actually. Remember report before ban!
          Level: 125
          Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
          My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
          Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
          Instagram: QueenChloeGT
          How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
            When they announced this rule there was guides in forum. You need basically pull them out or kick all in every 10 minutes. You can use adventure things, and any other killing things what has timer, so you don't even need pull them. What you need to do, is stay in world and monitor. When you pull player and he continues farm air, you can ban him/her. And you can now take bots gems. So you win actually. Remember report before ban!
            I was unaware of this information. It's good to know they did have guidelines. I'm just going to avoid ever making a BFG. It's not worth it to me if I have to stay in the world.

Comment

I was unaware of this information. It's good to know they did have guidelines. I'm just going to avoid ever making a BFG. It's not worth it to me if I have to stay in the world.
              yes. I farm my blocks myself too. It is slow, but cause seed price is low too, it doesn't matter. I farm some while every day if i have time and that's enough. Can't get rich by this method for real, but at least i can do events and some other activities.

Comment

+1

Update world ban to 24hrs.
                [ IGN ]: PandoRika
                [ Instagram ]: @pando_rika

Comment

Originally posted by Recreate View Post
                  +1

Update world ban to 24hrs.
                  No. Then example buypristine owner can ban all other guilds members for one day, 3 times per event and make sure that only his guild can contri. This was just example, but you understand the picture.

Comment

Well it's already self explanatory what autoclicking is as it's in the name. This nuke should be an eye opener for you that crimes do happen under your nose with your permission without you realising.

Now that you're more vigilant, autoclickers will start giving up relying on free BFGs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RaySia View Post
                      Well it's already self explanatory what autoclicking is as it's in the name. This nuke should be an eye opener for you that crimes do happen under your nose with your permission without you realising.

Now that you're more vigilant, autoclickers will start giving up relying on free BFGs.
                      I never owned a BFG world or a magplant 5000. I definitely could if I wanted. It looks like to me that owning a BFG puts you at risk for the actions of another player who decides to use a world to auto farm. So if you have to put yourself at risk it's not worth it to me. If you have to be present in the world and monitor everyone it's not worth it.

I would much rather get a few Tesseract Manipulator and feed them gems. Its something I don't have to monitor. It is something that doesn't put me at risk. I own 3 Tesseract Manipulator and will most likely get more.

Magplant 5000 will attract auto farmers and you can potentially pay a price for their actions. You have no choice but to deal with auto farmers just because you made a BFG. I don't agree with it but I can accept it because that is the reality.
                      Last edited by Shawn Wilson; 09-21-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Autofarmers killed GT. Why I should pay or play if so many guys have everything without doing anything.

Comment

Regarding ops way to figure out whether someone's auto or not you just plain ask them if they're auto. If they don't reply you quickly pull them out of the room and if they're auto they will just continue breaking like nothing happened. If it was an innocent player you simply apologise and give back the room to them.

But either way running 140 bfg worlds at once is simply absurd you just can't have it all nor in the game nor in life
                          IGN:EerieGt

Contact me via Dm on Instagram: EerieGt

Comment

Originally posted by EerieGt View Post
                            Regarding ops way to figure out whether someone's auto or not you just plain ask them if they're auto. If they don't reply you quickly pull them out of the room and if they're auto they will just continue breaking like nothing happened. If it was an innocent player you simply apologise and give back the room to them.

But either way running 140 bfg worlds at once is simply absurd you just can't have it all nor in the game nor in life

Did he say at once? It would be impossible to run 140 at once.

Also no matter how many signs you put (my bfgs have 10 signs each saying *NO AUTO) people still can't read and come to autofarm..

The bfg nuking rules 100% need a change..

Comment

Originally posted by Vandaler View Post
                              Did he say at once? It would be impossible to run 140 at once.

Also no matter how many signs you put (my bfgs have 10 signs each saying *NO AUTO) people still can't read and come to autofarm..

The bfg nuking rules 100% need a change..
                              Once? Nah!... Daily 20 worlds only

Comment

Originally posted by EerieGt View Post

Yep, however if you see a slight delay (Eg, 1-2 Punches) Before they stop they are likely auto farmers, however since it is not obvious, give them their gems, then ban them from your bfg.

Also I run Between 1-6 Bfg’s A day, in the beginning catching autofarmers was easy, nowadays they rarely run AFK, so you have to be vigilant, meaning anyone who you think is an auto farmer, just ban them. (If your not entirely sure let them get their gems since you might me banning someone innocent)
                                Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

Working...
                                X