Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gapt is here to combat phishing [2019 report released]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    you said pp
    Oh no, I guess I'll just punish myself
    Gone with the wind, faded from records

    sigpic

    I've finally caught up with you



    Discord:Lucklife#3726

    Comment


    • #17
      Well okay...
      Smh why my signature not gif

      Comment


      • #18
        Pointless idea, it wont really change anything since the scammers will get the accounts from the sb until their sites are closed, and open a new one after that.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by annesizpic View Post
          Pointless idea, it wont really change anything since the scammers will get the accounts from the sb until their sites are closed, and open a new one after that.
          Correction: It's not an idea. It's already in effect.
          If you look at it from a macro viewpoint, yes such low costing sites are certainly easy to get into and replace.

          On the other hand, it is just as easy to take it down. Rather than just sitting back, we are making a change by raising the effort needed to re-enter the field. It's an endless loop, but at least we have made it into a loop instead of it spiraling out of control.

          The same concept follows for your game moderators, is there really no point in banning casinos and scammers?
          There are so many of them too, and they too can find ways to circumvent their ban.
          Gone with the wind, faded from records

          sigpic

          I've finally caught up with you



          Discord:Lucklife#3726

          Comment


          • #20
            Isn't there REPORTPHISHING or what it was called
            IGN: TheGodHere

            Pm me in forums if you need a friend!

            Join Forumers United.

            All for one and one for all, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.


            https://discord.gg/2pKjUsQ

            Comment


            • #21
              Yup REPORTPHISHING by atkinssj, that formed the earliest basis of our operations.

              The world tells you the basics of how to report, however it's not very relevant regarding the current sites flying around, mostly hosted by freenom. Plus, surveymonkey's abuse form link is outdated there.

              So without knowing on how to takedown the other sites apart from weebly and wix listed there, or if one is just too lazy to try filing a report, they can report it to us, and we'll go through all necessary procedures
              Gone with the wind, faded from records

              sigpic

              I've finally caught up with you



              Discord:Lucklife#3726

              Comment


              • #22
                Bump

                This is a really cool program though! I love being able to work for them!
                GrowStocks
                The online item price checker for Growtopia.


                IGN: ChickenF1sh (GL)
                World: DEZ33
                Discord: Chicken#8757

                Comment


                • #23
                  As a tech savvy person myself, kudos to the people who are running this, and thank you for making our internet safer

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ColderMan View Post
                    As a tech savvy person myself, kudos to the people who are running this, and thank you for making our internet safer
                    No problem
                    Just remember to call in whatever you see using the website
                    Gone with the wind, faded from records

                    sigpic

                    I've finally caught up with you



                    Discord:Lucklife#3726

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      GTPP to GATP wow

                      RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

                      "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                      - Eleanor Roosevelt

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Don't you guys have in-game ways for us to report. Maybe a world where we can mail the URL of the claimed website. I'm most of the time in mobile and would like to be involved but lazy enough to exit the app, check out the URL (if it really is phishing), then go to your site and file a form.

                        Pardon me.
                        IGN: CandleJack

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                          GTPP to GATP wow
                          ehe we're changing a bit, hopefully done by the new year

                          Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
                          Don't you guys have in-game ways for us to report. Maybe a world where we can mail the URL of the claimed website. I'm most of the time in mobile and would like to be involved but lazy enough to exit the app, check out the URL (if it really is phishing), then go to your site and file a form.

                          Pardon me.
                          AH... I didn't consider that. That's a pretty interesting view, can't believe I overlooked it.
                          I'll start building the world, don't expect anything grand though~
                          Gone with the wind, faded from records

                          sigpic

                          I've finally caught up with you



                          Discord:Lucklife#3726

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
                            Don't you guys have in-game ways for us to report. Maybe a world where we can mail the URL of the claimed website. I'm most of the time in mobile and would like to be involved but lazy enough to exit the app, check out the URL (if it really is phishing), then go to your site and file a form.

                            Pardon me.
                            Alright the basics functions of the world are up! GAPTXYZ
                            Gone with the wind, faded from records

                            sigpic

                            I've finally caught up with you



                            Discord:Lucklife#3726

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              How do you prevent those website makers from not taking down their own sites or a friend from another site etc. I. E your team has been compromised? What would u do in that case if it hasn't happened yet that is, it's it is alr happening and ydk yet.
                              Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
                              Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
                              IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Zynek3 View Post
                                How do you prevent those website makers from not taking down their own sites or a friend from another site etc. I. E your team has been compromised? What would u do in that case if it hasn't happened yet that is, it's it is alr happening and ydk yet.
                                Why would they want to take down their own sites?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X