Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social worlds - more monitoring required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social worlds - more monitoring required?

Hello dear Forums,

I am writing this thread due to a behavioral pattern that I have noticed, a problem even, one might say. Taking into basis the social worlds I am most familiar with, Estonian social worlds, worlds where Estonian youth come together to socialize, the problem is the following: the worlds do not get monitored enough. They have become a place where kids openly discuss drug and alcohol use, where they share their misdeeds and stories. I am not a regular of the worlds, but such behavior has still caught my eye.

Another problem of such worlds is the potential risk of a child falling victim to a hunter. Growtopia provides excellent anonymity, but that could become a double edged sword. In a scenario where the child gives away their information due to the scheming of another player, the other player will get the personal information without having to reveal their own information. This can place the child into an extremely vulnerable state where the child has no way to protect themselves. This can lead to severe cyberbullying if not worse.

Having probed the topic of cyberbullying already, several problems arise from such worlds. One, the conversations in the worlds are often in a foreign language, meaning the child might not even know how to ask for help in English, and even if they did, the whole conversation would probably be in another language, thus assessing the situation is extremely difficult for moderators.

I believe I am incapable of revealing all that is problematic in the worlds by myself, and only having used the worlds of one country as an example, I probably still lack a complete picture of the worlds, however, I am still confident that the problem exists, even if only in the Estonian worlds.

I would like to hear your input from your local social worlds if possible, and perhaps someone might even provide a few possible solutions. I myself could not think of any currently, but as they say, 3 heads are better than one.

PS, sorry if my message is slightly unclear, it is 3 am and I am not at my best writing shape currently.

-Kranken

#Kranken4Mod2k19
    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
    I love her so so much eee
    how do I add back my sigpic
    IGN: Dynnie
    Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Same problem in Finnish world. They also sell accounts and dls in fin world and they know that as long as they speak finnish, they are safe. Ppl also are extremely rude, mean and toxic in fin world so i assume they are mostly kids, age of 8-14.
      Level: 125
      Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
      My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
      Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
      Instagram: QueenChloeGT
      How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Ubisoft should hire mods that speak other languages in addition to English (are there even any Indonesian mods?)

Comment

Originally posted by m456 View Post
          Ubisoft should hire mods that speak other languages in addition to English (are there even any Indonesian mods?)
          Yeah, that looks like the only solution. Same goes for Turkish worlds.
          Discord: TobyLerasco#7386

Comment

Originally posted by TobyLerasco View Post
            Yeah, that looks like the only solution. Same goes for Turkish worlds.
            Pangloss' a Turkish mod. Yeah, definitely agree, should hire trustworthy moderators from around the globe (if possible, of course).
            GrowID: PokeNotPoke
            Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
              Same problem in Finnish world. They also sell accounts and dls in fin world and they know that as long as they speak finnish, they are safe. Ppl also are extremely rude, mean and toxic in fin world so i assume they are mostly kids, age of 8-14.
              As a finn I can agree.

Comment

Theres a filipino world with people selling load for dls. My cousin stumbled into the world by accident
                Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
                suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

Originally posted by RipNut View Post
                  As a finn I can agree.
                  As another finn I can agree.

Secret Santa 2020

Comment

it's okay i guess, nothing against it. it is the internet, it's bound to get kids to learn these things sooner or later.

bottoms up on clorox.

MTV Catfish awards for GT?

Comment

Originally posted by Devours View Post
                      it's okay i guess, nothing against it. it is the internet, it's bound to get kids to learn these things sooner or later.

bottoms up on clorox.

MTV Catfish awards for GT?
                      The problem does not lay in the fact that such topics exist, but rather that such topics are discussed freely in such worlds. The problem isn't even about kids learning about these things, but that they may become involved directly with these things due to the worlds.

Comment

just remove chat

but yeah, language barrier is being exploited and it is difficult to get mods for every single language
                        #smallsignaturegang
                        Check out my services here: Click me!.
                        Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

Comment

This is the Internet.

It's beautiful but scary.

Parents should monitor their children.
                          New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
                          http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Comment

I think the team should be alarmed that there are actual sexual predators out there masked by language barriers that places young players at risk and in danger.

Some of these kids link their real social media account to the game
                            IGN: CandleJack

Comment

It should be partially world owner's job to monitor what happens in his/her world, and to hire admins to ban people if needed. When locking a world, you take the responsibility of what might happen in it. If an owner is clearly aware of an issue ongoing in his world and chooses to ignore it, he is apart of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X