This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KVLEE View Post
    Don't except a multiplayer game to be a disney game. Profanity and toxicity are always a problem for every multiplayer game. You either become one of it or ignore it.
    Expect*

And no, I will not ignore it. Moderators ban people for saying the N word in a demeaning way. Why can’t we ban those who say “gay” in a demeaning way as well?

Not only does it stop minority-bashing, but it stops that trend of humiliation from spreading, which makes LGBT people feel safer.

LGBT people already fear harassment on a day to day basis, and shouldn’t have to deal with it in a pixel game made for children.

It’s not that hard to understand.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

Comment

Originally posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
      Expect*

And no, I will not ignore it. Moderators ban people for saying the N word in a demeaning way. Why can’t we ban those who say “gay” in a demeaning way as well?

Not only does it stop minority-bashing, but it stops that trend of humiliation from spreading, which makes LGBT people feel safer.

LGBT people already fear harassment on a day to day basis, and shouldn’t have to deal with it in a pixel game made for children.

It’s not that hard to understand.
      As mentioned earlier, this is the world. A cold, cruel world. There's nothing much you can do about it.
      You mentioned the fact that this is a pixel game made for children, which also meant 90% of the insults are from them. Imagine that! Children swearing, cursing at their on will. Do you now understand how screw up this world is?

Afterall, it is just a joke. Have you seen people who sb block called as 'gay'?. I do understand that this is an uncivilized act, but the world has changed, a lot. Nothing is perfect.
      sigpic

Comment

Don’t act as if “gay” isn’t being used as an insult in that scenario. Don’t even try to say that. You know damn well it’s not being used in a good way.

Good to know who’s homophobic on this thread. We don’t need you here.

- - - Updated - - -

You should look up “First they came for...”

And in this scenario,

“First they came for the LGBT community, and I did not speak out — Because I was not gay.”

In case you didn’t know, standing up for others that are getting harassed because of the way they were born and comforting them is a good thing. If this type of behavior is going to be ignored, it might as well be encouraged - because that’s what’s happening. People use “gay” as if it’s bad and the trend spreads.

You may not give a damn if you’re insulted based on the way you were born, but others do. Especially LGBT people, who have a higher rate of suicide than literally any group on the damn planet. Cyber bullying is not something that should be ignored in this scenario.

You’re not part of the LGBT community, so obviously, you would never understand that. Don’t speak unless you know what you’re speaking about.
        Good luck standing up for every single harassed group in the damn world. As KVLEE said, the world is no perfect, neither can you make it. Growtopia is a little model of the world, and you can’t filter the people that harass others, thats just how this rolls.

Thancc DavidDoesPbg

Comment

I am adult woman who has actual gay friends, so.. And no, we can't just ban all who say gay in growtopia cause then we should ban everyone and then gt is gone. So what we can do is just ignore it, or you can go ask from them, why they said gay word. Do you even know how many times ppl has said to me that i'm gay or noob? Do i cry myself to sleep? No. I just say ok i'm noob, pls donate me. Sadly there is so less girl players and even less woman players so i can't say that ok i'm gay, bring me gf here as easily as i can say that i'm poor noob, so that isn't effective way to make others feel them selfs idiots while they try annoy me.

But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking. So if i would take every single joke to myself and cry myself asleep, my life would be super sad. But cause i can see the difference of joking my life is actually very good. If we feel offended from every bad word what hear against us, our life will be tragic. Do you want make your life sad? Or could you just take kids jokes as a jokes? Idk why gay is most used word in gt, but it is and i can accept it and i'm actually sure that even my gay friends could accept it if they would play this game. So why you can't? Why it hurt you? Are you gay? If are, why it hurt you? Can you explain so we could understand it better.

And if mods would ban all who use gay word, do you think that gt would be there after 1 month? So then what? We go play pw? I just want understand what you actually want in here? They aren't homophobic, they joking, so have you seen actual homophobic? I have. One of my close friend is homophobic and oh boy, there is no way that he would call others as a gays, in a million years. Cause after all, he is homophobic, if he calls someone gay, then he need run, cause he doesn't want be anywhere near of gays. This is why i don't think gt is homophobic. They doesn't call others as a gays so easily as those call, who actually accept gays completely.
          Level: 125
          Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
          My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
          Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
          Instagram: QueenChloeGT
          How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

It would be funny to see your guys' reaction to modern warfare 2 lobbies.
            I make low-quality content.

Most Recent video: (My videos aren't usually like this)

IGN: SeaAce
            Instagram: Spades.gt

Comment

Originally posted by KVLEE View Post
              As mentioned earlier, this is the world. A cold, cruel world. There's nothing much you can do about it.
              You mentioned the fact that this is a pixel game made for children, which also meant 90% of the insults are from them. Imagine that! Children swearing, cursing at their on will. Do you now understand how screw up this world is?

Afterall, it is just a joke. Have you seen people who sb block called as 'gay'?. I do understand that this is an uncivilized act, but the world has changed, a lot. Nothing is perfect.
              Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?

We don’t need children growing up with the mindset that being gay is some kind of disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Selim149 View Post
              Good luck standing up for every single harassed group in the damn world. As KVLEE said, the world is no perfect, neither can you make it. Growtopia is a little model of the world, and you can’t filter the people that harass others, thats just how this rolls.
              You gonna accept the way the world is or actually try to change it? Choose.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?

We don’t need children growing up with the mindset that being gay is some kind of disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude see what Seth says about this game. Start from 3:15

Start watch little earlier if want hear whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                  I am adult woman who has actual gay friends, so.. And no, we can't just ban all who say gay in growtopia cause then we should ban everyone and then gt is gone. So what we can do is just ignore it, or you can go ask from them, why they said gay word. Do you even know how many times ppl has said to me that i'm gay or noob? Do i cry myself to sleep? No. I just say ok i'm noob, pls donate me. Sadly there is so less girl players and even less woman players so i can't say that ok i'm gay, bring me gf here as easily as i can say that i'm poor noob, so that isn't effective way to make others feel them selfs idiots while they try annoy me.

But reality is, kids talk and kids use all kind of words and most of them are joking. So if i would take every single joke to myself and cry myself asleep, my life would be super sad. But cause i can see the difference of joking my life is actually very good. If we feel offended from every bad word what hear against us, our life will be tragic. Do you want make your life sad? Or could you just take kids jokes as a jokes? Idk why gay is most used word in gt, but it is and i can accept it and i'm actually sure that even my gay friends could accept it if they would play this game. So why you can't? Why it hurt you? Are you gay? If are, why it hurt you? Can you explain so we could understand it better.

And if mods would ban all who use gay word, do you think that gt would be there after 1 month? So then what? We go play pw? I just want understand what you actually want in here? They aren't homophobic, they joking, so have you seen actual homophobic? I have. One of my close friend is homophobic and oh boy, there is no way that he would call others as a gays, in a million years. Cause after all, he is homophobic, if he calls someone gay, then he need run, cause he doesn't want be anywhere near of gays. This is why i don't think gt is homophobic. They doesn't call others as a gays so easily as those call, who actually accept gays completely.
                  I would respond if I could understand your grammar.

I’ll try my best to respond to what I can actually understand;

1. “I have gay friends so I’m not homophobic”. Anyways, you’re straying from what you originally said. You said something along the lines of “How do we know that it’s being used badly?” and you knew you were wrong so now you’re moving onto the “Well, it is being used as an insult, but it’s just a joke” phase.

2. LGBT people are more likely to commit suicide than anyone else. They’re more likely to have depression and other mental illnesses. You may be able to shake it off, but others can’t.

3. Yes, let’s move to the “Who hurt you? You must be gay if you’re standing up for gays” argument. That looks real good for you.

4. Moderators already ban you these days if you even insinuate that Ubisoft isn’t good, or if you ask people their opinions on Ubisoft. Why not ban people who use “gay” as if it’s bad? Banning people who use “gay” as if it’s bad will not cause EVERYONE to be banned. It will stop people from doing it. When drop games started, people did them all the damn time. Now that you can be banned for a hell of a long time for doing a drop game, people don’t do them. Believe it or not, if you make something illegal, people stop doing it as much. So yes, I do believe that there would still be players in this game if the moderators banned people for shaming minorities.

5. Every time I message someone who broadcasts homophobic stuff, they tell me I’m gay and need to kill myself and that being gay is unnatural. It’s anti-LGBT bullshit being passed off as a joke. Making it into a joke is how it spreads, in case you didn’t notice. The worst part is that moderators are online, see this stuff, and don’t do anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude see what Seth says about this game. Start from 3:15

Start watch little earlier if want hear whole thing.
                  Yes, he’s acknowledging that people can be asses and harass people in this game without limits. That’s why the /rules forbid it now - and the moderators are ignoring those rules. What’s your point?

Check Rule 4 on the /rules.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Yeah try lifting 72 tons of pure and utter . Good luck.

Thancc DavidDoesPbg

Comment

Originally posted by Selim149 View Post
                      Yeah try lifting 72 tons of pure and utter . Good luck.
                      People like you who are content with the world they live in are the reason nothing changes.

Quest for Honor

Comment

I would respond if I could understand your grammar.

I’ll try my best to respond to what I can actually understand;

1. “I have gay friends so I’m not homophobic”. Anyways, you’re straying from what you originally said. You said something along the lines of “How do we know that it’s being used badly?” and you knew you were wrong so now you’re moving onto the “Well, it is being used as an insult, but it’s just a joke” phase.

2. LGBT people are more likely to commit suicide than anyone else. They’re more likely to have depression and other mental illnesses. You may be able to shake it off, but others can’t.

3. Yes, let’s move to the “Who hurt you? You must be gay if you’re standing up for gays” argument. That looks real good for you.

4. Moderators already ban you these days if you even insinuate that Ubisoft isn’t good, or if you ask people their opinions on Ubisoft. Why not ban people who use “gay” as if it’s bad? Banning people who use “gay” as if it’s bad will not cause EVERYONE to be banned. It will stop people from doing it. When drop games started, people did them all the damn time. Now that you can be banned for a hell of a long time for doing a drop game, people don’t do them. Believe it or not, if you make something illegal, people stop doing it as much. So yes, I do believe that there would still be players in this game if the moderators banned people for shaming minorities.

5. Every time I message someone who broadcasts homophobic stuff, they tell me I’m gay and need to kill myself and that being gay is unnatural. It’s anti-LGBT bullshit being passed off as a joke. Making it into a joke is how it spreads, in case you didn’t notice. The worst part is that moderators are online, see this stuff, and don’t do anything about it.
                        Dude you can stop insulting ppl based on their english skills! Your behavior is rude, against growtopia code and so on. So, if you want make community less toxic, let's start from yourself ok? How you think that ppl would come and talk in forums, when forum is full of toxic ppl like you? Can you tell me? Do you know why most of ppl who i see in ig and game and who i try to get in in forum to find more info about rules and stuff wont come in here? They wont come here, cause ppl like you. Ppl who think that they are better ppl than those who has lower english skills are disgusting. Do you have any idea how much ppl like you, damage the actual game? How those poor english skill ppl hear about new stuff, while they can't come in forum, cause they are scared ppl like you, who come and insult them, cause they doesn't speak perfect english? Shame on you, like really shame on you.

I try fight against ppl like you all the time and still i see ppl like you in forum. You are one of the reason, why some get their bfg worlds nuked. You are one of the reason why some get scammed and i can continue this list whole day. This is how much damage YOU cause. So, before you start talk about any insults, fix your own attitude.

Comment

People like you who are content with the world they live in are the reason nothing changes.
                          I don’t have time for this. Good luck with life sir.

Thancc DavidDoesPbg

Comment

[Content locked! You must quote this thread/reply to see it!]
                            I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
                            Plural
                            IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

Dude you can stop insulting ppl based on their english skills! Your behavior is rude, against growtopia code and so on. So, if you want make community less toxic, let's start from yourself ok? How you think that ppl would come and talk in forums, when forum is full of toxic ppl like you? Can you tell me? Do you know why most of ppl who i see in ig and game and who i try to get in in forum to find more info about rules and stuff wont come in here? They wont come here, cause ppl like you. Ppl who think that they are better ppl than those who has lower english skills are disgusting. Do you have any idea how much ppl like you, damage the actual game? How those poor english skill ppl hear about new stuff, while they can't come in forum, cause they are scared ppl like you, who come and insult them, cause they doesn't speak perfect english? Shame on you, like really shame on you.

I try fight against ppl like you all the time and still i see ppl like you in forum. You are one of the reason, why some get their bfg worlds nuked. You are one of the reason why some get scammed and i can continue this list whole day. This is how much damage YOU cause. So, before you start talk about any insults, fix your own attitude.
                              1. I wasn’t making fun of you? I was stating the fact that I couldn’t read what you were saying. Sorry?

2. I’m against people bashing minorities and against the mods who ignore it. Damn, I’m horrible.

3. You’re not even arguing about the same thing anymore. Suddenly I’m toxic and I’m the reason BFGs get nuked and I’m the reason people get scammed.

This doesn’t make sense.

BFGs get nuked when the owners name them inappropriately or when the owners allow (or are) auto-farmers.

I don’t scam people because I have been scammed before and I know how it feels. I have no world locks right now because all I do is mess around and have fun with my friends.

I have no idea why you’re this pissed off at me. I have no idea where the idea that I’m some evil toxic scammer came from. I’m a guy who’s concerned about the growing amount of toxicity in the community and because I’m worried, that somehow makes me toxic?

Doesn’t make sense, but whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: Spelling.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Gay can be used both way, like b*tch

1) Insults, do not mean they hate them, but it's just the way it is.
                                2) The actual meaning, that's homophobic.
                                may my demise be a promise to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X