This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
    Yep, cruel world. So what are you gonna do? Accept it, or change it?
    I'll choose to accept the fact that it is impossible to change it.

Also, stop being sarcastic, it really pissed people off.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Noxagon View Post
      Gay can be used both way, like b*tch

1) Insults, do not mean they hate them, but it's just the way it is.
      2) The actual meaning, that's homophobic.
      Exactly. So if you don’t hate gays, don’t use “gay” as if it’s an insult.

That’s literally all I’m asking here, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by KVLEE View Post
      I'll choose to accept the fact that it is impossible to change it.

Also, stop being sarcastic, it really pissed people off.
      I don’t recall anything in the rules that says sarcasm is prohibited.

The only thing stopping change is people that think change won’t happen, or refuse to accept change. Pretty simple.

All it takes is for you, the reader, to stop using “gay” as an insult. Boom, something changed. One less person spreading anti-minority jokes.

It’s really not that hard and is entirely possible.
      This is my ONLY official forums account.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
      Achievements: 90/161
      Quest for Honor

Comment

[THIS IS ME BEING MEGA SARCASTIC]
        I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
        Plural
        IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

Originally posted by Astigmatisme View Post
          christians and probably other religions don't agree with homophobia because its gay amen ������������������

THIS IS ME BEING MEGA SARCASTIC
          This reminds me of a specific quote;

“If you hate gays, you’re saying you prefer straight men. Sounds gay to me.”

Quest for Honor

Comment

Exactly. So if you don’t hate gays, don’t use “gay” as if it’s an insult.

That’s literally all I’m asking here, lmao.
            Sadly it's already meant as an insult, fact that you will never be able to change unless you can brainwash the whole world.
            (Definitely not a good way to begin with gt)
            may my demise be a promise to you.

Comment

Sadly it's already meant as an insult, fact that you will never be able to change unless you can brainwash the whole world.
              Then ban people who use it as an insult.

Just like we banned people who did drop games.

Don’t see nearly as many drop games going on now.

Banning people works every time.

Even if it only stops people from doing it in SBs, that’s still better than having to put up with that bullshit constantly.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Then ban people who use it as an insult.

Just like we banned people who did drop games.

Don’t see nearly as many drop games going on now.

Banning people works every time.

Even if it only stops people from doing it in SBs, that’s still better than having to put up with that bullshit constantly.
                Yea, stop them other words will appear, probably lesb. Ban them again? Other words. Rebellion will always find its own way.

Comment

Yea, stop them other words will appear, probably lesb. Ban them again? Other words. Rebellion will always find its own way.
                  If you say ANYTHING in a way that counts as bullying, you should be banned.

It’s already in the /rules. Check rule 4.

The only issue is that the mods don’t enforce ALL of the rules anymore. Only the ones they feel like enforcing.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Hey guys as an outside observer, I think it's gotten to the point where you guys should take a step back. Whilst I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult or in a way that puts people down, discussing this topic on the forums in this manner won't change a thing. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that many of the players that are broadcasting this are likely kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around. In saying this, there is no way that the Growtopia community as a whole can ever be moulded into a perfect non toxic community inclusive of everyone and their personal beliefs and as such you just have to look past these situations and carry on with your own day. At the end of the day Growtopia is a game that we all play to have fun and maybe to get a quick escape from our lives, so try not to let these things ruin your day.
                    “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
                    ― Paxton Hood

sigpic

Comment

If you say ANYTHING in a way that counts as bullying, you should be banned.

It’s already in the /rules. Check rule 4.

The only issue is that the mods don’t enforce ALL of the rules anymore. Only the ones they feel like enforcing.
                      Block = GAY doesn't seems like bully to me though.

Comment

Block = GAY doesn't seems like bully to me though.
                        It’s using a word that describes an ENTIRE MINORITY in a demeaning way, it’s pretty much shaming an entire group of people instead of one person. That’s worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Aargon View Post
                        Hey guys as an outside observer, I think it's gotten to the point where you guys should take a step back. Whilst I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult or in a way that puts people down, discussing this topic on the forums in this manner won't change a thing. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that many of the players that are broadcasting this are likely kids who themselves aren't exactly aware of the meanings and implications of tossing the word around. In saying this, there is no way that the Growtopia community as a whole can ever be moulded into a perfect non toxic community inclusive of everyone and their personal beliefs and as such you just have to look past these situations and carry on with your own day. At the end of the day Growtopia is a game that we all play to have fun and maybe to get a quick escape from our lives, so try not to let these things ruin your day.
                        How did you go from “I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult” to “you just have to look past these situations”?

That’s literally saying “Homophobia is bad, but just get over it, it’s a game.”

We don’t need children who don’t even know what “gay” means to be taught that it’s something undesirable and bad. That’s the worst part, children are learning that “gay” is a bad thing from a young age through a damn pixel game.

The community will never be perfect, but we can keep working on it. That’s the point.

And as I’ve said before - LGBT persons are more likely to have depression due to harassment, so not everyone can just “not let these things ruin” their day.

Quest for Honor

Comment

It’s using a word that describes an ENTIRE MINORITY in a demeaning way, it’s pretty much shaming an entire group of people instead of one person. That’s worse.
                          Like I said, it's an insult, not being used as the ACTUAL meaning.
                          Pretty sure we all could tell the difference here.

I'm from the minority, but sometimes I use the gay word too.

Comment

“Almost a problem, but not really.”

Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.
                            i won't take it as a complex pile of paragraphs, so ill just sum it up here,

do you feel that you are turning into a gay by any chance when people tell that you are?
                            no? then no need to be tantrum about the whole circus
                            yes? then you need a therapist

=IGN : Crausse=
                            Instagram : @Crausse_GT
                            Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

How did you go from “I agree that it is not right to throw around the word gay as an insult” to “you just have to look past these situations”?

That’s literally saying “Homophobia is bad, but just get over it, it’s a game.”

We don’t need children who don’t even know what “gay” means to be taught that it’s something undesirable and bad. That’s the worst part, children are learning that “gay” is a bad thing from a young age through a damn pixel game.

The community will never be perfect, but we can keep working on it. That’s the point.

And as I’ve said before - LGBT persons are more likely to have depression due to harassment, so not everyone can just “not let these things ruin” their day.
                              Your insistence on arguing this topic is commendable, but doing so on this forum will only escalate tensions between you and other forum users. I merely interjected in an attempt to try and prevent that from occurring and as such I won't argue the point with you. Instead I only ask that you please leave this very contentious topic alone and move on.
                              “Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter.”
                              ― Paxton Hood

sigpic

Comment

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...GBT-Pride-week

The smell of political correctness made in United States

Why are you still browsing Growtopia Forum?! You suppose to go out and protest about climate change!

Comment

Working...
                                X