Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homophobia is a big issue in this game.

Every time you look up there’s a broadcast going “BLOCK=GAYYYYY”.

Do you know how annoying this is?

People in this game constantly use the word “gay” as if it’s something horrible that everyone should avoid. “Gay” has become a term that people use whenever they don’t like someone or something.

The worst part is that the moderators do absolutely nothing about this. People are putting down an entire minority by shaming that word and the moderators do not care.

But I broadcasted ONCE saying “What do you guys think about the Boycott Growtopia thing?” and I was called in my a moderator who said that other moderators may “take action” on my account if I broadcast about that.

A moderator told me I could’ve been BANNED for asking people’s opinions on something, but when people keep using the word “gay” in broadcasts as if it’s a disease, nothing happens. Absolutely NOTHING.

This is extremely annoying and is a huge issue that is being overlooked. Anyone else feel the same?

Just because you hate minorities doesn’t mean you should be able to freely bash that minority in a god damn PIXEL GAME made for children. That’s bullshit, and I’m sick of it.

If you’re one of those homophobic nutjobs, stay out of this thread and keep your minority-hating opinion to yourself, and out of this game.

Something needs to be done about this.
    This is my ONLY official forums account.

Level: 59/125 (I’m not a farmer)
    Achievements: 90/161
    Quest for Honor

Who would be afraid of a home?
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie
    Discord: rovvvie#4588

pfp by topazi

Comment

I swear to god, I don’t even know why the word “gay” is used as an insult. It just doesn’t make any sense. Either they’re saying I’m wrong for being happy or someone who who prefers the same gender more. “Gay” is like one of the weakest insults next to “noob.” Just ignore them. They’re still have time to learn that the word gay isn’t supposed to be an insult. This is coming from a lesbian. In the end, it’s a video game, I can be whatever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tatertots View Post
      Who would be afraid of a home?
      It would’ve said homephobia instead. It’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this.

Comment

i have all you need here

=IGN : Crausse=
        Instagram : @Crausse_GT
        Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

Originally posted by Kanna View Post
          I swear to god, I don’t even know why the word “gay” is used as an insult. It just doesn’t make any sense. Either they’re saying I’m wrong for being happy or someone who who prefers the same gender more. “Gay” is like one of the weakest insults next to “noob.” Just ignore them. They’re still have time to learn that the word gay isn’t supposed to be an insult. This is coming from a lesbian. In the end, it’s a video game, I can be whatever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It would’ve said homephobia instead. It’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this.
          If the moderators don’t start doing something I’ll definitely be pissed. It’s always just fun and games until people really start to believe “gay” means something bad. That’s always how it starts.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
          i have all you need here

As Kanna said, it’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this. It’s also not the right time to post memes made by literal Nazis.

That’s straight up nazi r/frenworld bullshit right there.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Yeah, I mean, it is almost a problem, but not really.

Originally posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
            i have all you need here

^
            Sums it up.
            Originally posted by tson
            *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
            Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
            The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Originally posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
              As Kanna said, it’s not the right time to be sarcastic about this. It’s also not the right time to post memes made by literal Nazis.

That’s straight up nazi r/frenworld bullshit right there.
              B-But it’s just jokes! Totally not nazi propaganda in the form of memes!
              IGN: Tlaloc1
              Level 97 / 125
              1,000,000 gems / 1,000,000 - achieved 7/1/2020
              Steam
              Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

Comment

Couldn't agree more.
                hi i like dragons and dyn

note: I AM a FEMALE

-
                Instagram: @mistrella.gt

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
                  Yeah, I mean, it is almost a problem, but not really.

^
                  Sums it up.
                  “Almost a problem, but not really.”

Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.

Quest for Honor

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen lesbians in this game before, nice to know you are one
                    IGN: Deftera
                    Just a Touhou fan and otaku
                    Latest Youtube Video:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjriC37IADE&ab_channel=HonoderaGetsuy%C5%8 D

Subreddit of my manga: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shingenkai/

Comment

Originally posted by 72ndSpirit View Post
                      “Almost a problem, but not really.”

Imagine if someone was broadcasting “BLOCK=N****R”. Would you still say “Almost a problem, but not really”? Hell no, you’d think it was a problem.

Same concept - bashing a minority. Highly unacceptable.

I think the fact that you downplay this issue shows which side you’re on.
                      Who actually gives a damn? Raise your hand.

(before you say i do it i dont play anymore and no. I wouldn’t give a single fuk if someone said block=turkish.)

Thancc DavidDoesPbg

Comment

And why does everyone says gay to each other.. Can I please farm in peace without gay msges

Comment

Hmm.. So why we assume that block=gay is bad thing? Why we think that noob is bad thing? How can we know for sure
                          Level: 125
                          Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                          My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                          Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                          Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                          How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                            Hmm.. So why we assume that block=gay is bad thing? Why we think that noob is bad thing? How can we know for sure
                            Don’t act as if “gay” isn’t being used as an insult in that scenario. Don’t even try to say that. You know damn well it’s not being used in a good way.

Good to know who’s homophobic on this thread. We don’t need you here.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Selim149 View Post
                            Who actually gives a damn? Raise your hand.

(before you say i do it i dont play anymore and no. I wouldn’t give a single fuk if someone said block=turkish.)
                            You should look up “First they came for...”

And in this scenario,

“First they came for the LGBT community, and I did not speak out — Because I was not gay.”

In case you didn’t know, standing up for others that are getting harassed because of the way they were born and comforting them is a good thing. If this type of behavior is going to be ignored, it might as well be encouraged - because that’s what’s happening. People use “gay” as if it’s bad and the trend spreads.

You may not give a damn if you’re insulted based on the way you were born, but others do. Especially LGBT people, who have a higher rate of suicide than literally any group on the damn planet. Cyber bullying is not something that should be ignored in this scenario.

You’re not part of the LGBT community, so obviously, you would never understand that. Don’t speak unless you know what you’re speaking about.

Quest for Honor

Comment

Don't except a multiplayer game to be a disney game. Profanity and toxicity are always a problem for every multiplayer game. You either become one of it or ignore it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X