Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Art selling on Instagram is a huge issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWasWeird View Post
    theyll just reply with "yOu'rE tOO pOoR to HAVe aN aRt" or "gImME pRoOF nOOb"

or probably theyll block you from following lmao
    Oh. Then i don't know what to do.. Maybe report
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
      Maybe you should just tell them that it is against rules.
      oh wow what a great idea i'm sure no one has ever tried it good job
      I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
      Plural
      IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

Originally posted by Astigmatisme View Post
        oh wow what a great idea i'm sure no one has ever tried it good job
        Dude, half of players doesn't know that it is illegal so they do it, cause they think it's ok. So yeah, i tell them that it is illegal and some stop, some maybe not. But most important thing is to share the word and tell ppl what rules we have.
        Level: 125
        Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
        My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
        Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
        Instagram: QueenChloeGT
        How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

I wouldn’t call it a huge issue. It is a small issue, but there are more important issues around, thus it makes perfect sense to not waste manpower on this issue.

Comment

The real issue here is the lack of clear rules about this. Sure, there is the rule against selling in-game items for out of game items, but AFAIK art has always been in a sort of gray area with different moderators giving different answers about it. Then, there's art competitions; how far are we willing to bend the rules here? It's not technically a sale, so it should be fine, right?

They should really just come out and settle this whole debate once and for all with clear rules about art selling and whether art competitions are exempt from said rules or not.
            My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
            I love her so so much eee
            how do I add back my sigpic
            IGN: Dynnie
            Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

If you find someone who is selling art, contact them and tell them that it is illegal and if they say that they didn't know and don't do it anymore then spare them from the report but if you find someone who is still continuing after telling them about or supposedly knows about it then spare none.
              IGN: SydeEvil
              Discord: SydeEvil#2924

Comment

There's nothing much we as forumers could do... From a player's perspective, I feel that it's very difficult to track and find out who the culprits and victims are since many of them use the Private Message function on Instagram. Also, the Growtopia rules states that any picture/video claiming it, cannot be used as evidence - I'm assuming the descriptions on Instagrams are not counted as well.

I would like to bring this up again, as what Dyn says, there should be clearer rules. Update the /rules to make it much more coherent - Minors can't understand it, trust me. And yes, Moderators/staff should have a clear and precise interpretation of the rules - since they are higher ups and the Growtopia community looks up to them.
                Paragraph 2 Credits: DynPlaysGT
                GrowID: PokeNotPoke
                Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

smh we need quick response from the moderators or this will continue

all i could find is this, said by Elbin. This could be a strong proof not to sell arts for ingame items.

Originally posted by Elbin
                  This has been posted before but we still get asked this at support quite often:

Q: Can I trade my artwork/videos for WL/DL?

A: No, you can’t. While not a serious as selling game items for cash it is still not allowed to trade in game items for anything outside the game. While it would be cool to allow players to trade videos and art for game items there are players that would use this as a cover for selling game items for cash, which is illegal in some countries, which is one of the main reasons it is illegal in Growtopia.
                  If you do find a person selling his/her art for ingame items, you should tell them about this or else theyll be punished
                  YES YE SY YE EYS YEY SY ES EYS YES
                  another one bites the dust.

Discord : weird#2183
                  well i guess people recognizes me now
                  IGN : xWeird
                  IG : @weirduwo

Comment

This is a grey area, a technicality in the rules. It's an umbrella rule to stop major dodgy real-life trades, and to stop the economy from going out of whack. Art isn't the main focus.

Why is it a "huge issue"? Does it really matter? While it probably shouldn't be allowed or encouraged, it doesn't hurt much. Moderating resources should be better spent.
                    New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

Old calculator thread:
                    http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
                        It's really common, but it's illegal.
                        Yea it's illegal. Just think about how easily scams can occur in this case. Not only could you get scammed by the person responsible for selling the art, but there is also the chance that the person responsible would end up getting scammed by the buyer. So yea, definitely risky and seriously illegal.
                        IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
                        Instagram Link!
                        Discord:
                        Discord Link!

Comment

Originally posted by MineDeath View Post
                          Yea it's illegal. Just think about how easily scams can occur in this case. Not only could you get scammed by the person responsible for selling the art, but there is also the chance that the person responsible would end up getting scammed by the buyer. So yea, definitely risky and seriously illegal.
                          Tons and tons of people have already been scammed.

Comment

Interesting
                            Smh why my signature not gif

Comment

ubisoft staff member able to buy art from person we cannot!!!

Comment

Dragon speaking...

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                                Maybe you should just tell them that it is against rules.
                                After telling that to him/her, they usually dodge from our advise and mostly they're stubborn.

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Check out of this video ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X