Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Art selling on Instagram is a huge issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art selling on Instagram is a huge issue.

I'm making this thread to raise awareness about the huge problem with people selling/buying art for World locks on Instagram.

There are tons of Growtopia art sellers that make art/edits of your Growtopian in exchange for Wls, they can make up to 6 dls for one art alone.
    And we all know that selling/buying art for in-game items is illegal, and still we oversee the big issue with it happening
    with Instagram Growtopia art sellers.

I always see these Growtopia art sellers that take Wls as payment. They usually have their accounts known on their Instagram profile,
    so it wouldn't be that hard to go investigate it with logs of Wls/Dls recieved.
    I know this may not be your top priority, but it's certainly a big issue in this game, and it seems like a relatively easy one to handle if you
    just eliminate the biggest sellers out there, but what do I know.

Thanks for reading through!

Selling art for wls is illegal now? I remember when it used to be fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by m456 View Post
      Selling art for wls is illegal now? I remember when it used to be fairly common.
      It's really common, but it's illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by m456 View Post
        Yeah, apparently it falls under selling wls for non-game items. Kind of a shame really, because it seems pretty harmless if you're just selling artwork.
        My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
        I love her so so much eee
        how do I add back my sigpic
        IGN: Dynnie
        Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Back then it wasn't illegal, but now it is, quite a shame
          IGN: Deftera
          Just a Touhou fan and otaku
          Latest Youtube Video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vHSG15YNQ&ab_channel=HonoderaGetsuy%C5%8 D

Subreddit of my manga: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shingenkai/

Comment

I would advise you to reach out to support about this - they might have ways to take care of it. We can't do much about it on the forum.
            IGN: Cloverlord
            Current level: 115
            Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
            Instagram: @cloverlordgt
            My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Comment

Too bad it's illegal. Although I'm fine with drawing for free because I enjoy it.
              hi i like dragons and dyn

note: I AM a FEMALE

-
              Instagram: @mistrella.gt

Comment

Originally posted by Cloverlord View Post
                I would advise you to reach out to support about this - they might have ways to take care of it. We can't do much about it on the forum.
                What's support going to do about it? Did you even read my post? It's for raising awareness.

Read posts before just saying 'contact support', thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
                  What's support going to do about it? Did you even read my post? It's for raising awareness.

Read posts before just saying 'contact support', thanks!
                  I did read your post. I understand that this is to "spread awareness" but posting it on the forums is pretty ineffective - the issue is on Instagram. Not here. Any Instagram players are likely already aware of this. I told you to contact support about it because they might have methods already in place to take those accounts down/punish, etc.
                  IGN: Cloverlord
                  Current level: 115
                  Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
                  Instagram: @cloverlordgt
                  My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloverlord View Post
                    I did read your post. I understand that this is to "spread awareness" but posting it on the forums is pretty ineffective - the issue is on Instagram. Not here. Any Instagram players are likely already aware of this. I told you to contact support about it because they might have methods already in place to take those accounts down/punish, etc.
                    Ppl doesn't know that it is illegal. When i see art sellers, i msg them and tell them that it's illegal and 100% of those who i have dm in ig has been surprised. So spreading this. would be more than important rn, so ppl wouldn't get banned just cause they didn't know rules.

If mod/guard reply this thread, i can again get nice ss from it and share it in ig, so more ppl will get this info. So yeah, these threads are actually good. Ppl need find these thing out and new thread is always good way to spread information.
                    Level: 125
                    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

I find it annoying when I see people post about selling arts in their story for a specific price like a DL or WLs.

The art is fine I could say but its sad to see how people still don't realize they did a bad thing by selling stuff out-of-the-game.

I'm not sure tho but selling arts for money looks like a good investment to me rather than Wls/dls (im not saying or sure if its legal tho)

ubisoft has to do something about this
                      YES YE SY YE EYS YEY SY ES EYS YES
                      another one bites the dust.

Discord : weird#2183
                      well i guess people recognizes me now
                      IGN : xWeird
                      IG : @weirduwo

Comment

Originally posted by IWasWeird View Post
                        I find it annoying when I see people post about selling arts in their story for a specific price like a DL or WLs.

The art is fine I could say but its sad to see how people still don't realize they did a bad thing by selling stuff out-of-the-game.

I'm not sure tho but selling arts for money looks like a good investment to me rather than Wls/dls (im not saying or sure if its legal tho)

ubisoft has to do something about this
                        Illegal, sure.
                        Bad... not really, tbh.

Comment

Dragon speaking...

I found two/three account who's doing art commision on instagram. This meant with wls payment. Shall i report trought growtopia email?

Bluragon's can go anywhere, if i will on there, don't get surprised.

Check out of this video ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Electrolava9 View Post
                            I found two/three account who's doing art commision on instagram. This meant with wls payment. Shall i report trought growtopia email?
                            Maybe you should just tell them that it is against rules.
                            Level: 125
                            Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                            My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                            Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                            Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                            How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                              Maybe you should just tell them that it is against rules.
                              theyll just reply with "yOu'rE tOO pOoR to HAVe aN aRt" or "gImME pRoOF nOOb"

or probably theyll block you from following lmao
                              YES YE SY YE EYS YEY SY ES EYS YES
                              another one bites the dust.

Discord : weird#2183
                              well i guess people recognizes me now
                              IGN : xWeird
                              IG : @weirduwo

Comment

Working...
                              X