Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking help to revive BEASTLY's Calculator Hub

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I can provide data for blue ancestor, Tell me how you want it. I can do it in a few days
    Avatar Credits Go To SnowCone

    IGN:StarByte

    Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
    There's this thing called life.
    Originally posted by Cahtster
    my tum tum hurts.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by effanx11 View Post
      I can provide data for blue ancestor, Tell me how you want it. I can do it in a few days
      Number of blocks broken, number of extra blocks (i.e. the blue sparks). OR, if you're too lazy to pay attention: number of blocks broken, number of blocks directly from those blocks. Ances level, Builder role level, other.

      TY!
      New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

      Old calculator thread:
      http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
        If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say "BEASTLY's Calculator Hub", press with link in my signature. Basically, they are calculators for activities in-game, like gem yields and seed profit from farming.

        Anyway, I want to revive them, because they're fairly outdated. However, I don't have much time to work on them, and it's a really big job.

        I'm seeking help to revive the calculators. I don't just mean coding help. I need help finding formulas (especially for providers), help with advertising, help coming up with ideas.

        I only need a bit of coding help. I'll make a GitHub repo, I think. Mainly, frontend web development would be helpful. I suck at CSS.

        Please, read the task list below and comment how you think you can help. I'll update this thread with more specifics soon.




        CURRENT TASK LIST

        - Find exact formulas:
        *Seed falling from tree
        *Gem drop formulas
        *Blue/red/yellow ances activation rates
        *Buddy blockhead activation rate
        *Guild potion
        *All provider drops
        *Role quest levels and experience

        - Document all data in a huge database
        *Including all data in old forum threads

        - Finish item info database
        *Need max tree drops and rarity
        *Already has all spliceable items until 2018 Easter

        - Advertise to players
        *Signature pictures
        *In-game calculator world

        - Develop a website
        *Frontend that optimises to all devices
        *Hosting a webserver and backend

        - Test
        *Bugs
        *Accuracy
        *Device support



        Looking forward on this one!
        Developer of Growrr

        Comment


        • #19
          I can document gems drop from chand blocks if needed. I have no ances tho.

          Comment


          • #20
            Do you have Discord or something?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Vale0203 View Post
              I can document gems drop from chand blocks if needed. I have no ances tho.
              Excellent. Go ahead.

              - - - Updated - - -

              Originally posted by ColderMan View Post
              Do you have Discord or something?
              Yeah, why? I don't use it heaps.
              New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

              Old calculator thread:
              http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

              Comment


              • #22
                I could try creating a picture. Does anyone know the optimal size of a sigpic?

                Also what do you mean by an in-game calculator world? For advertising? There might be something that I, accompanied with a few other builders can do about that.
                sigpic
                Contact Me:

                Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Skullifer View Post
                  I could try creating a picture. Does anyone know the optimal size of a sigpic?

                  Also what do you mean by an in-game calculator world? For advertising? There might be something that I, accompanied with a few other builders can do about that.
                  A world with some info about farmables, providers, etc.. Have it advertise the calculator website too. Send SBs from the world, to let people know the calculators exist.

                  I own the white door lock in CALCULATOR and the world lock in CALCULATE. Another world name could work.
                  New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

                  Old calculator thread:
                  http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
                    A world with some info about farmables, providers, etc.. Have it advertise the calculator website too. Send SBs from the world, to let people know the calculators exist.

                    I own the white door lock in CALCULATOR and the world lock in CALCULATE. Another world name could work.
                    I'll get to designing it tomorrow, if I have time. SB's might be problematic though, as I'm trying to save my gems. I'll try my best!
                    sigpic
                    Contact Me:

                    Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Skullifer View Post
                      I'll get to designing it tomorrow, if I have time. SB's might be problematic though, as I'm trying to save my gems. I'll try my best!
                      Don't worry about building or SBing yet, but if you have design ideas, that would be awesome.
                      New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

                      Old calculator thread:
                      http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Skullifer View Post
                        I'll get to designing it tomorrow, if I have time. SB's might be problematic though, as I'm trying to save my gems. I'll try my best!
                        will be waiting for your pic

                        IGN: R4Z

                        vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by R4Z View Post
                          will be waiting for your pic
                          I'll design my whale collection world first, calculator might take a while
                          sigpic
                          Contact Me:

                          Thanks to Intensifies for the avatar!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Sorry, won't start monitoring the chands drop today. Working on a script that would calculate the drops for me from a text file. Will post it here once done, maybe someone will decide to use it too.

                            EDIT: It's done. Script will be in spoiler. Not putting the program itself here to not get blamed for trying to steal save.dat or anything. It's written in c++. The program will calculate the gems drop rate, seeds dropped and blocks dropped as well as blocks broken. Supports up to 25 gems dropped.
                            Last edited by Vale0203; 11-14-2019, 07:57 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Vale0203 View Post
                              Sorry, won't start monitoring the chands drop today. Working on a script that would calculate the drops for me from a text file. Will post it here once done, maybe someone will decide to use it too.

                              EDIT: It's done. Script will be in spoiler. Not putting the program itself here to not get blamed for trying to steal save.dat or anything. It's written in c++. The program will calculate the gems drop rate, seeds dropped and blocks dropped as well as blocks broken. Supports up to 25 gems dropped.
                              Wow, you're going to count the frequency of getting each amount of gems? That would be sooo helpful!

                              It's great to see the code, but I'm not sure I need it. As a tip for you, I recommend you use an array for the aX variables, then you can loop through it instead of repeating yourself.
                              New calculator site (in progress): http://beastlygrowtopia.site11.com

                              Old calculator thread:
                              http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...Calculator-Hub

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ID: BEASTLY View Post
                                Wow, you're going to count the frequency of getting each amount of gems? That would be sooo helpful!

                                It's great to see the code, but I'm not sure I need it. As a tip for you, I recommend you use an array for the aX variables, then you can loop through it instead of repeating yourself.
                                I did what I could at my basic school level. Will definitely help me with calculating the drops.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X