Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Growstocks considered illegal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Growstocks considered illegal?

    The site called "Growstocks" which is used to check prices for growtopia items has a system in which if you edit 100 item prices, you will receive a reward of 5wls. This is practically selling a service outside of the game (checking & changing item prices) for growtopia currency which is bannable. Theres no reason that it wouldn't be considered as trading ingame items for anything outside of the game. I myself think that Growstocks is great but I feel that if other people get banned for trading ingame items for something thats outside of the game, then shouldn't Ubisoft also take action against Growstocks for paying people for outside of the game services in world locks?

    Thats just my opinion, if I said something wrong pls correct

    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

  • #2
    This wouldn't be illegal because they are basically paying you for work. You aren't giving the any REAL/In Game items, so shouldn't be any problems.
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nesqwik View Post
      This wouldn't be illegal because they are basically paying you for work. You aren't giving the any REAL/In Game items, so shouldn't be any problems.
      But you are giving a outside of the game service in exchange of world locks.

      ░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
      ░▒▓███████▓▒░
      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
      https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

      Comment


      • #4
        But are you giving them items? In Game/Real Life?
        Hi, I'm Daisy!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nesqwik View Post
          But are you giving them items? In Game/Real Life?
          No but you are giving a service of editing and checking prices of items.

          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
          ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
          ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
          https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
            No but you are giving a service of editing and checking prices of items.
            Yes I am actually.
            Hi, I'm Daisy!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nesqwik View Post
              Yes I am actually.
              Are you waiting here for me to reply to you? You replied in like 10 seconds fast boi

              ░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
              ░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
              https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm at school rn but bell just rung gtg now lol.

                i was bored.
                Hi, I'm Daisy!

                Comment


                • #9
                  If it helps, think of it this way. You do 100 edits for us, out of kindness, and we(as GrowStocks) out of kindness give you 5 WLs in return. We have quite a few editors that say they don't want the WLs, so we don't give them WLs. It's not us paying for edits, it is us being kind to people for editing.
                  GrowStocks
                  The online item price checker for Growtopia.


                  IGN: ChickenF1sh (GL)
                  World: DEZ33
                  Discord: Chicken#8757

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mickey13 View Post
                    If it helps, think of it this way. You do 100 edits for us, out of kindness, and we(as GrowStocks) out of kindness give you 5 WLs in return. We have quite a few editors that say they don't want the WLs, so we don't give them WLs. It's not us paying for edits, it is us being kind to people for editing.
                    That sounds awfully lot like a loophole tbh. That being said, I'm fairly sure it's just unadvised, not illegal, but I could be wrong.
                    My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
                    I love her so so much eee
                    how do I add back my sigpic
                    IGN: Dynnie
                    Discord: Dynnie#3475

                    Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      wait a second....

                      JEDAKI ISNT SH-POSTING!?!?!




                      Tediore is a good company change my mind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Isn't it more of an incentive? Doesn't this mean asking for followers in order to enter a giveaway for a diamond lock illegal?
                        #smallsignaturegang
                        Check out my services here: Click me!.
                        Sell Arroz con Pollo 4/wl at SELLARROZ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 10bang View Post
                          wait a second....

                          JEDAKI ISNT SH-POSTING!?!?!
                          i like to sprinkle in some other stuf too

                          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                          ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                          ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                          https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                            But you are giving a outside of the game service in exchange of world locks.
                            It's not real life money though and if this were illegal, then fan arts for wls should be illegal.

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by SmartWaffle View Post
                            Isn't it more of an incentive? Doesn't this mean asking for followers in order to enter a giveaway for a diamond lock illegal?
                            agreed

                            RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

                            "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                            - Eleanor Roosevelt

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We're reaching two years old and haven't been shot down yet. The admins and mods know about it so I would assume it's 100% in the rules.
                              "Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing."




                              Thanks to Topazi for the avatar

                              Discord: Hunt2man#3305
                              Steam: Hunt2man
                              Switch Friend Code: SW-8230-0945-3907

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X