This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Power Abuse? "Price manipulation"

So my friend owns the world BUYZEPHYR and mods are banning admins who ban sellers who are trying to raise the price of Zephyr because of the new crown. The new crown lets you double jump and if you wear a soda it gives an umbrella effect anyways instead of zephyr having both, so Zephyr dropped by 50ish WLS it went from around 180 to 130 WLS. The owner of BUYZEPHYR then decides to ban people that are trying not to lose their WLS by trying to price manipulate it back to 180. So the owner and admin start to ban people who are price manipulating the item price and the owner and admin are getting the hate for them trying to price manipulate. Admins got warnings for "Stop Banning Sellers", ***? When in the rules are Moderators allowed to give warnings and bans to admins and owners banning sellers? There is no rule against price manipulation and sure there's something that says "don't lie" or something like that. But the people that are lying are the sellers who are trying not to lose their wls. If you warn and ban admins for banning price manipulators then ban all the people in buymagplant and buyrayman too. Actually BAN EVERYONE who is lying if you care about that banning life for admins and owners of buy+ worlds. How is it illegal to ban sellers???????? If this is an actual rule were Moderators are allowed to change the Growtopia Economy by banning accounts then this game is going to die because people will learn and owners who care about giving the right price can't do anything. I might have jumped around so if you are confused I can answer any questions and statements you guys have. ( sabebai whatever his/her name was is the one abusing)Click image for larger version

Name:	warning.png
Views:	1
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	6721032
    Last edited by DerpEGT; 06-10-2020, 06:09 PM.

Originally posted by DerpEGT View Post
    So my friend owns the world BUYZEPHYR and mods are banning admins who ban sellers who are trying to raise the price of Zephyr because of the new crown. The new crown lets you double jump and if you wear a soda it gives an umbrella effect anyways instead of zephyr having both, so Zephyr dropped by 50ish WLS it went from around 180 to 130 WLS. The owner of BUYZEPHYR then decides to ban people that are trying not to lose their WLS by trying to price manipulate it back to 180. So the owner and admin start to ban people who are price manipulating the item price and the owner and admin are getting the hate for them trying to price manipulate. Admins got warnings for "Stop Banning Sellers", ***? When in the rules are Moderators allowed to give warnings and bans to admins and owners banning sellers? There is no rule against price manipulation and sure there's something that says "don't lie" or something like that. But the people that are lying are the sellers who are trying not to lose their wls. If you warn and ban admins for banning price manipulators then ban all the people in buymagplant and buyrayman too. Actually BAN EVERYONE who is lying if you care about that banning life for admins and owners of buy+ worlds. How is it illegal to ban sellers???????? If this is an actual rule were Moderators are allowed to change the Growtopia Economy by banning accounts then this game is going to die because people will learn and owners who care about giving the right price can't do anything. I might have jumped around so if you are confused I can answer any questions and statements you guys have. ( I also don't know how to show the picture so sorry about that)[ATTACH=CONFIG]240181[/ATTACH]
    My guess is the moderators were misunderstanding what you were doing and they might’ve thought you were banning sellers to force people to buy from vending machines or smth. Not sure though
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Ica View Post
      My guess is the moderators were misunderstanding what you were doing and they might’ve thought you were banning sellers to force people to buy from vending machines or smth. Not sure though
      Now my guild members can't do Event because they have a 7 day ban

Comment

that why when letting seller to make rise and drop, aswell Growtopia Economy will be huge destroyed and inflatting some price. almost 90% growtopia rare item price can be manipulated because of sellers

Oh Growtopia and Splatoon 2 makes spliceable?!

IGN: Apen3056
        Level: 57/125

Growtopia x Splatoon lover!

Comment

They were not only banning sellers though... I was banned for "hoarding" zephyr helms and was banned the second I joined the world (even though I was not buying or selling, just checking the price of my investment). The price of zephyr helms (and almost all old IOTMs for that matter) have been slowly rising over the past few months. I suspect the owner was trying to drop the price so more people could afford it and be trading it, because he was looking to sell the world.

I'm happy that the moderators are taking action on issues like this, hopefully they will continue to look into other worlds that do a similar thing.
          IGN: Jisam
          Discord: Jisam#9391
          Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Comment

This could fall under Mistreating other players or Use Lies.

As for why that specific person got the warn is fairly executed just like how real life work where if a goverment wants to warn specific group of people(which in this case are the "price manipulator") they will obviously drop the warn to someone on that group that is well known or can be seen by other member or is the leader, with a hope of chain follow up reaction among those group.

Just saying that i'm no where pointing who is right who is wrong here. But my explanation might helps someone out there with similar issue.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200611_002213.jpeg
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	6604454

Comment

You should still not ban players for selling the item. They should be allowed to sell the items for their desired price.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
              ░▒▓███████▓▒░
              ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
              ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
              Random stuff in GOLA
              ▲◭△△△◮▲
              ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                You should still not ban players for selling the item. They should be allowed to sell the items for their desired price.
                But yet mods are banning owner and admins for banning people from the world they own

Comment

I mean, you were warned to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MiMelody View Post
                    This could fall under Mistreating other players or Use Lies.

As for why that specific person got the warn is fairly executed just like how real life work where if a goverment wants to warn specific group of people(which in this case are the "price manipulator") they will obviously drop the warn to someone on that group that is well known or can be seen by other member or is the leader, with a hope of chain follow up reaction among those group.

Just saying that i'm no where pointing who is right who is wrong here. But my explanation might helps someone out there with similar issue.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]240185[/ATTACH]
                    I referred to that rule earlier but growtopia isn't like real life in terms of what you're referring too. If people are allowed to lie and manipulate the price why ban owner and admin for accused manipulation. Also they own the world BUYZEPHYR they have the choice to do whatever they want but they decided to make sure manipulators don't try and "scam" for paying 180 instead of 150. So the rule applies to the sellers who are lying about the price, owner and admins are trying to enforce the rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Kranken View Post
                    I mean, you were warned to stop.
                    A stupid warning.. Your warning admins to stop banning people in the world they have powers in.. It's like saying yo stop banning people in your world even though you own the world. Mods should not be able to ban owners and admins for just banning sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by DerpEGT View Post
                      I referred to that rule earlier but growtopia isn't like real life in terms of what you're referring too. If people are allowed to lie and manipulate the price why ban owner and admin for accused manipulation. Also they own the world BUYZEPHYR they have the choice to do whatever they want but they decided to make sure manipulators don't try and "scam" for paying 180 instead of 150. So the rule applies to the sellers who are lying about the price, owner and admins are trying to enforce the rule.
                      It is not price manipulation if the person is willing to buy the item for 180. Everything is worth what people are ready to pay. It begins to be a scam when people LIE about the price of the item.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                      ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                      ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                      ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
                      Random stuff in GOLA
                      ▲◭△△△◮▲
                      ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Originally posted by Jisam View Post
                        They were not only banning sellers though... I was banned for "hoarding" zephyr helms and was banned the second I joined the world (even though I was not buying or selling, just checking the price of my investment). The price of zephyr helms (and almost all old IOTMs for that matter) have been slowly rising over the past few months. I suspect the owner was trying to drop the price so more people could afford it and be trading it, because he was looking to sell the world.

I'm happy that the moderators are taking action on issues like this, hopefully they will continue to look into other worlds that do a similar thing.
                        I don't know if you were actually banned from hoarding zephyr but I can talk about the price drop and world selling. If he was trying to sell the world he would have done it and not ban price manipulators, why do all this extra sitting on gt and banning people if you can just sell the world right now. The world is close to 100 honors so its really good to sell the world right now and why to ban people if you want higher honors. Now that might of not made any sense because I have problems relying on what I think into text.

So basically it's ok for mods to ban owners/admins because they want to sell their world?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                        It is not price manipulation if the person is willing to buy the item for 180. Everything is worth what people are ready to pay. It begins to be a scam when people LIE about the price of the item.
                        You just said what price manipulating does, they convince them to buy it at 180 when the actual price is 130. They probably didn't know the price was actually 150 because people are selling at 180 after the new pineapple crown came out. The sellers don't want to lose WLS on their investment so they manipulate the price and owners and admins can't do anything to stop people from getting ripped off because they will get banned by mods for trying to get rid of these "liars"

Comment

Imagine having huge balls to single out mods
                          IGN: Deftera
                          Just a Touhou fan and otaku
                          Latest Youtube Video:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6FSSJGRPc

Join the Trumpet Smelling Gang by doing /dab with a trumpet!

Comment

ah yes bringing this to the forums and telling half of the story, owner and admins were literally banning anyone who says buy 150 and you guys even camped all day just to ban em all. That is till some sbs and everyone said the same, they banned almost EVERYONE. Mods even gave the owner a chance, asking him to stop yet he had to sb how "the mods are on their side". This isn't mod power abuse, was literally asking for it.
                            IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.47.53 PM.png
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	6604456

So pretty much I was banned from the world for buying items lol
                              IGN: Jisam
                              Discord: Jisam#9391
                              Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X